Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

It Died On Me

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 05:21 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default It Died On Me

I was on my way to work this morning. I passed up 4 cars on the country road I take everyday because they were going too slow. The last vehicle I passed, we were going up a steep hill and I passed him with no problem. About 5 miles down the road, I see the monkey wrench light came on. I pushed down on the gas and nothing. I down shifted the car to 4th and still had nothing. I finally ended up pulling off the side of the road and it died all together. I tried to restart the car but it wouldn't start. I waited about 2 minutes and it started but it was idling really rough at about 500 RPM. I called the dealer and they sent someone out. By this time, I finally seen all the people that I have passed, pass me up. While I was waiting for the tow truck, I got out my tuner to see what codes were thrown. There was about 16 different codes. Eight of those codes were Injector controller codes (P0201-8). Two were unknown codes, 2 were throttle control codes and 2 were fan circuit control codes. The engine wasn't overheated. I tried to start it again and it ran good for about 2 minutes then it started to run rough again at about 500 RPM. I think the TPS went out and since I was still going down the road and it causing the other codes to appear.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: It Died On Me

Hopefully you just clogged an injector... which then tossed other codes.

I had a bad connection on my MAF after installing my CAI... it threw about 15 codes and went into Fail Safe.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

It was probably just one small malfunction that caused all the codes. There was a problem with the throttle body in mine and it threw 5 codes and went into failsafe mode. Hopefully you'll get it fixed quickly!
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

C h i t.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:07 PM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

I hope you removed the tune before the dealer got a hold of it.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:26 PM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gregt909

That's what I was thinking. Let us know if they give you any trouble because of your mods.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blk05stang

ORIGINAL: gregt909

That's what I was thinking. Let us know if they give you any trouble because of your mods.
That would mean I would have had to remove the CAI. Well that wasn't going to happen since I couldn't limp the car home and I only have the 87 octane tune loaded anyway. So far, they haven't looked at it yet today. I would imagine they'll get to it tomorrow sometime.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

My dealer doesn't give a two chits about my C/L Cai or Steeda pullys.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

+1
they cant
Old 07-24-2006, 07:44 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Dealer called and said they couldn't find anything wrong. They have test drove the car for about 20-30 miles and nothing. They did ask if I chipped it and I told them it has a different tune and that I have run the same tune for about 20K miles with no problems. But they did say that they notice the air filter was off when they went to change the oil. It has been really hot here last week. I know I had it nice and tight when I cleaned it last. I am thinking that when it came off, the computer went nuts and didn't know how to handle the extra shot of air. I am going to pick it up today and run it tomorrow before it makes a trip to Ohio Wednesday morning.

Quick Reply: It Died On Me