Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Over reacting????

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:47 AM
GT06stang
1st Gear Member

Default Over reacting????

I have an 06 GT Mustang this is my 1st Ford product and I may be to picky on some issues I think I have on this car. Is it normal to have these types f sounds on the Mustang? I've owned chevy's in the past including a Silverado 4x4 and they were much quiter than this Mustang. Going to the dealer is pointless all I get from them is that it's normal I guess my question would be IS IT NORMAL?

Does anyone have a quite 06 GT

1. Tapping noise in engine compartment: Dealer said this is normal " Injectors "
2. Excessive engine noise at idle no noise when I accelerate
Old 07-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Over reacting????

You need to be a little more vauge on the excessive engine noise at idle.(JK) What kinda noise is it? Tapping, rough, whistling? What going on here? Some noises I let go realizing this is an american car but anything coming from the engine compartment would def warrant an investigation.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:29 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I'm sure you Bassani can't help a lot, but I do know what you mean by injecter noise.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
GT06stang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

You need to be a little more vauge on the excessive engine noise at idle.(JK) What kinda noise is it? Tapping, rough, whistling? What going on here? Some noises I let go realizing this is an american car but anything coming from the engine compartment would def warrant an investigation.
The noise is a tapping noise if I accelerate the engine the noise stays the same doesn't increase with the engine. The other noise is like running lower octang gas in the car I use 87 might try tohe next higher grade. Plus I stopped using Exxon gas I might go back to it and see what the difference is. I may be over reacting it is a small car and the engine compartment is not as insulated as my Chey truck so normal noise in this area may be normal stuff.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:43 AM
KdF
1st Gear Member

Youre expecting a Quiet car?

No.

Youre expecting NOT to hear the engine , exaust , rumbling thru the shifter , tires and the road?

No.

You have purchased a 1967 Mustang with a new body and the latest saftey gadgets. It has a Solid posi-track rear-end and if you have the 5 speed , a Tremec racing transmission. A American Muscle car. It`s not a Lexus , Chrysler , Impala or a Lincoln.

Enjoy it for what it really is.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:49 AM
GT06stang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KdF

Youre expecting a Quiet car?

No.

Youre expecting NOT to hear the engine , exaust , rumbling thru the shifter , tires and the road?

No.

You have purchased a 1967 Mustang with a new body and the latest saftey gadgets. It has a Solid posi-track rear-end and if you have the 5 speed , a Tremec racing transmission. A American Muscle car. It`s not a Lexus , Chrysler , Impala or a Lincoln.

Enjoy it for what it really is.

LOL, yes your correct in what you said. Ok I'll stop my whinning and believe me I'm enjoying the Mustang I have to get used to and yes it's a manual which gives me more noise to hear. I'll turn the stereo up that will do it.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2006, 11:46 AM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT06stang
I'll turn the stereo up that will do it.
Wrong again... The radio sucks, or so I hear...

Apply firm pressure with your right foot... Release as needed to shift, but make sure you are holding it down firmly whenever possible...

Keep the windows down and on a convertible make sure that the big vinyl thing does not accidentally come over your head... Not sure that that is there for, but just keep it down...

That should take care of your noise problem...

FWIW - ALL fords are noisy these days... Some are better insulated in the cabin, but I have a 99 Exploder and it has tapped at idle like it has no oil pressure from day one... (it does in fact have oil pressure - taps anyways).
Old 07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
linernotejunky
2nd Gear Member

tapping may also be the A/C compressor. all fords have that.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KdF

Amen! The S197 is my dream come true, the best and only answer to my constant internal debate of classic muscle car style and aura VS. the reliability, safety and convenience of a new car. Enjoy your new Mustang for what it is and how it is, 'cuz IMHO that's the whole point.

Enjoy, and best of luck with your new car.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:16 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

My original engine tapped like crazy at idle and I beleive there is a TSB on this. Apparently there is a problem with some of the slack adjusters for the timing chain. When they put a new engine in mine at 9500 for a problem with the adjustable cam timing, the noise went away and I have never heard it again. The trucks had the same issue as well. I beleive there is a seal in them that was bad. Don't know if this is or should still be a problem since yours is a 2006.

Quick Reply: Over reacting????