Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BMR springs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:45 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Default BMR springs...

Has anyone got them? I am thinking about goin with them for my car. Here is a little info on them from BMR website:

BMR Fab.
PROGRESSIVE LOWERING SPRINGS

BMR springs are specifically designed to provide optimal handling without sacrificing ride quality. The front springs are progressive wound to provide variable rates. The soft portion of the progressive winding maintains near OE ride quality. When the suspension is loaded during aggressive cornering, the springs enter into the stiffer portion of the spring. We have designed additional spring rate into this portion of the spring for better control and reduced body roll. The rear springs are linear wound with the same proven spring rate as OE. BMR springs are available in two variations. Part number SP009 will lower the front 1.25" and the rear 1.75". Part number SP010 lowers the front 1.5" and the rear 2". Both kits are designed to "level" the car.
MR rear springs retain the factory "hourglass" shape designed by Ford engineers. This important feature provides a "variable natural frequency" in the spring to help counteract damaging wheelhop. This is a feature of the OE springs often overlooked by other "road race" oriented companies simply because they don't realize it's benefits in multi-purpose applications.

Beware of low cost springs that sag over time. BMR springs are cold wound from high tensile strength chrome-silicon-vanadium to provide the longest lasting, most consistent rate possible without long term "memory" loss. Always check the spring manufacturers warranty before purchasing, you definitely get what you pay for. BMR provides a lifetime warranty against spring sag.

NOTE: Sold in BMR red only.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:50 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: BMR springs...

ORIGINAL: SweetGT

BMR rear springs retain the factory "hourglass" shape designed by Ford engineers. This important feature provides a "variable natural frequency" in the spring to help counteract damaging wheelhop. This is a feature of the OE springs often overlooked by other "road race" oriented companies simply because they don't realize it's benefits in multi-purpose applications.
I thought those little tidbits that I highlighted are some good food for thought.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:00 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

+1 - would love to hear from someone with a clue - there is an awful lot of snake-oil in this realm.

I get nervous when I hear "designed by Ford engineers" because I know very well that those engineers have to consider an awful lot more than "what is the best possible shape/material for this car"...

They are saddled with:

1. cost of production
2. ease of installation/repair
3. interchangeability with other models
4. an incredible variety of taste over the range of consumers...
Old 07-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Just get the Ford racing springs desined by Metromatic. (sp) They are the ones who worked on the GT500 race car.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:52 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Well it looks like i might have to be the first to try this combo out....BMR Springs and Tockico D-specs
Old 07-21-2006, 01:05 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

BMR makes good products. I would not expect their springs to be second rate.

BTW, they posted a discount code on the "other site". $179 including shipping.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:49 AM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

I'm selling my brand new Eibach Pro-Kit springs for $200 shipped. They're the most popular ones and are tried and true. PM me if interested.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:42 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

BMR makes good products. I would not expect their springs to be second rate.

BTW, they posted a discount code on the "other site". $179 including shipping.
hawgman, could you pm me with this "other site"

I have always liked BMR products, I was just curious why no one has their springs on the their cars?