Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ford financing

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 03:08 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ford financing

ORIGINAL: gt7er

yeah tomorrow i'm going to ford and asking them to match the rate...if they cant, ill go to the credit union get the check and come back. the guy at ford said that their rates are anywhere from 4 to 10%...so maybe i can get 4 out of them...lets see what happens tomorrow..im freaking excited to order an 07.

Alot of it has to do with how long you will take a loan out as well, 60 and 72 month loans will be higher rates. Also remember this, there finance officer also works on comminsion from the loan companies, they usually get 5 to 10% of the loan interest so it is in there best bet to get you a higher rate.

I went in knowing i already had a loan from capitol one, so I told them to match it or i would just use capitol one, even with that being said she still tried to get me higher, and i stood firm and it is funny how she made it work so I could finance through them! By the way i Lied to her on my rate from capitol one and actualy got a lower rate by making her work for it!

Some tips for buying a car.

Most important Rule, Use the internet and research research research. Best to be well informed! Know about holdbacks, actual dealer invoice and roughly what cars are selling for. Some you can get for slightly above dealer invoice, some you can get for below, some you might end up paying sticker for if the car is in high demand.

Always walk in knowing you are financed, don’t tell them till the end.

If you are trading in a car do not tell them till after you have made a deal on the car you are purchasing.

Don’t buy in impulse, don’t be afraid to walk out the first day, first rule of car sales is get the person to buy that DAY when there emotions are at there highest and before they can think anything over or see if there are better deals out there.

Go with someone that is not emotionaly involved in the purchase of this car to keep you straight or be the "quarterback" as sales people refer them as.

Remember anything a dealer wants you to add on they make a percentage of, this is for extended warrenties, service plans and gap insurance etc.. Think before you go in, are you going to keep the car for more then 5 years, if so then you might want to look into getting an extended if you are not a moterhead. Remember also that anything you can negotiate on, including the extended warrenties.

Negotiating tips.

Don’t be afraid to use the internet sales department to negotiate, a lot of people (like me) do better by writing then they do by interacting directly with someone.

If they are standing firm I usualy pull out the future card, meaning i tell them this. I buy a car every 2 to 5 years, over all they could make more money on me by making me happy and gaining a loyal customer. For them to cut $1000 off the price of this car means they could make $15,000 to $20,000 more on me in future purchases through my life.

Don’t be afraid to let them know that you know a lot of people and if they treat you right that you are willing to drop there name when a friend wants to buy a car. Also let them know that at the same time you can tell people not to use them if they are not willing to negotiate.

I always tell them that if they treat me good i treat them good, by using there service department etc.. Doesnt meant you have too, just another bargining chip.