Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ok please don't beat me up too badly - mods questions :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:19 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ok please don't beat me up too badly - mods questions :)

One last thing, excuse my ignorance, but if I get LT Headers, such as the Hookers, do I then HAVE to get an X Pipe (or other aftermarket type) to fit into the system? Or can headers work with existing setup?

Old 07-21-2006, 08:00 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Some do and some don't, you'll have to see with each.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:09 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lukoi66

One last thing, excuse my ignorance, but if I get LT Headers, such as the Hookers, do I then HAVE to get an X Pipe (or other aftermarket type) to fit into the system? Or can headers work with existing setup?

All the long tube headers that I know of require a new mid pipe, cat or off road. The short headers will fit the current mid pipe but I don't think they are worth the money.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:40 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lukoi66

Yes and no. Yes you can use the Fact. H-pipe with certain LTs but you will have to chop it to work ie: to it to a Exhaust shop and have them measure it and cut the cats off and then have the pipe expanded to fit over LT collector. If you get the Hooker headers they have an X-pipe specific to their LTs, as do all of the LT headers out there. I like the Hookers because of their price. But if you had the money it sounds like Kooks are th way go. On a side note if you decide to buy LTs I wouldnt waste my time with the catted versions unless you live in a state where they test emmissions. Even with the high flow cats they have you are still going to lose a little power regardless of how good they flow IMO, and power seems to be what you are lookin for
Old 07-22-2006, 01:41 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

You probably already know this but shortystyle headers really arent worth the hassle, dont let someone talk you into gettin them.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 AM
DuFFMaNN
4th Gear Member

Hmm gas mileage is nothing i have worried about before. I floor it to high rpm's everywhere and still get around 24 mph. My little secret on how i can do this
Old 07-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

The stingers won't really give you any increase in hp, but trust me, the sound makes them worth the money. Add some LT headers and you'll be set. I think the CAI and tune should be your first mod cause the difference you'll feel is the best you can get for the money. If your heading to Bamachips I recommend you get his racing tune. I just installed his 92 race tune and it's insane! He's also great to deal with and can give you some good advice.

Thanks for your service and be safe! [sm=usa.gif]
Old 07-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I have no modding advice that's better than what you already have here, but I just wanted to thank you for your service for our freedom. Here's to a safe way home for you and lots of fun with your family and Mustang when you get back.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:58 AM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Thanks again for the comments and the input fellas. I am definitely looking forward to coming back!

And I've sent my wish list to Dynospeed, let's see if they're game

Old 07-22-2006, 07:40 PM
doc0075579
1st Gear Member

Hey brother, I was stationed at Fort Campbell, KY a couple years ago (DC now), and spent some time in the sand, hope you get home safe!

I have Evo tune, and I must say it does rock! Of course, I am close enough to fred that I can drive to him and put my car on the dyno and let him tune it himself. I have JBA LT's, the first shop that put them on did a horrible job and I had a ton of vibration, however, the second one fixed all that. The car runs like a beast now. I have Magnapacks with JBA catted H-pipe, sounds mean! I just had 3.73's installed yesterday, from what I hear if you have a 5 speed, you may want 4.10's. Also, I have the Evo driveshaft, REALLY cuts down the weight and I can really tell a difference in how the car pulls. Anyway, goodluck and make it back safe!

Quick Reply: Ok please don't beat me up too badly - mods questions :)