Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BORLA STINGERS!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:20 AM
cboisits
2nd Gear Member

Default BORLA STINGERS!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to share this with you guys in case it is useful to anyone. I bought Borla Axle-back stingers about a month ago. Let me tell you guys,...HOLY SH*T!!! The sound coming out of these things are incredible. Yes they are pricey. I bought them for $550, but it is money well spent. I know I am only a newbie but I had an 89' Stang GT when I was 17 and never put an exhaust on. I always wanted to put an exhaust on because there is NOTHING like the sound of American Muscle. Now I have what I always wanted. Hats off to BORLA!!!!!!!!!!! And to my fellow stangers.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:31 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: BORLA STINGERS!!!!!!!!

Could we get a sound clip or video?
Old 07-22-2006, 03:05 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Great Choice on the Axle Backs.

I have been using Borla Exclusively since around 1988 on all my F150's and when i saw the Stingers i knew that is what i wanted even without hearing them. Then after getting them and installing them WOW!! I love how aggressive they sound. Even with the drone.

Richard
Old 07-22-2006, 03:49 AM
grey06gt
1st Gear Member

yea i have the ford racing axle back exhaust which is the same thing as the borla stingers since it is the borla stinger mufflers and they do sound amazing...cant wait to get an o/r x pipe or hi flow cats with em!
Old 07-22-2006, 04:07 AM
Black2007
1st Gear Member

FRPP...rocks....and rolls. The sound maybe isn't as refined as the Corsa, it is just Hard R&R. I love the expression I get from people standing nearby when they see a 50 something balding old fart get into his Black Vert and kick it off....it is a little in your face, not nice. And that is why I have the car.....
Old 07-22-2006, 04:07 PM
cboisits
2nd Gear Member

Yeah! I want to get an x-pipe. But when it comes to buying an X-pipe, do you have to be choosy? Or is an X-pipe and X-pipe? And what are the benefits/comparison of the X pipes to the H pipes?
Old 07-22-2006, 05:22 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Are these the stingers ?? I dont see a name......Borla

Also is this worth the extra couple hundred bucks for the full system?.....Borla 2
Old 07-22-2006, 05:44 PM
cboisits
2nd Gear Member

On Borla's website, they don't like to refer to them as "stingers" because it sounds less professional and Borla is affiliated with FORD. Go here: http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...ressive/11750/

They will discuss two types of axle-backs. What you want is part #11750. The other one that they discuss is less agressive. Now you will notice when you read what is on that page I linked you to, they refer to the stingers as "an agressive "S" Style rear exhaust section". That's a straight quote from their website. Ya see? They are calling them the S style. What I said before about "stingers" sounding less professional was an assumption, but why else would they now refer to it as the agressive "S Style"?

And by the way, I didn't go for the cat-back because it was more money, and why pay more money whenthe cat-back is 2.5" piping just like stock? If you want to go all out and off-road, check this out: http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...THeader/17237/

I would love to put these babies on!!!

ALSO...WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE TAIL LIGHT BLACK OUTS?
Old 07-22-2006, 05:47 PM
cboisits
2nd Gear Member

The first link you posted were stingers and that is an awesome price. Plus free shipping? No brainer.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:05 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all the great info. I am sick of my Bassani's and I dont like them at all.

Soooooo, basically I think i'm going to buy these. These are the aggresive sounding bad *** ones right ???

Quick Reply: BORLA STINGERS!!!!!!!!