Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

can you do burnouts on your new stang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Black2007
1st Gear Member

Default RE: can you do burnouts on your new stang?

Mr. Doo...isn't this a new car? I am wondering if you have any sense at all.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:25 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

yeah this is a new car.. what do you mean by sense?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:31 AM
68wanabe

I finally got a 2006 GT after suffering thought an 8 year drought of having a '98 3.8L. I didn't get a standard shift, but the auto will bark nicely. I have the stock Pirellis, which I'm not that crazy about (I bought Goodrich Traction T/A's on my old 98 that had 2001 Bullitt rims and they would bark--er, chirp).

Just happy to have some real horses like we used to have in the 70s.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:36 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

heres how its done

revved it up to 4k, dropped the clutch, and stayed on the gas. TCS off. its that simple. i think your clutch might be slipping.

btw don't mind the crappy "burnout" my friend did in the RSX hahaha. its a great car, don't get me wrong, just not the ideal burnout car.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:43 AM
mvm549
2nd Gear Member

try heel-toe for ur burnout
Old 07-24-2006, 12:52 AM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

Well, this is pretty easy but no one actually pointed it out...

Even with T/C off, if you rev the car to 6K and then dump the clutch while gassing you're going to stall out. WHY? - because you're bumping the rev limiter almost instantly and the rev limiter is retarding for that moment that makes the car fall flat on it's face.

Now you can do a burnout from 6K rpm, but you need to hold it exactly between 5800-6000 rpm and that's a hard thing to do without experience. As pointed out, rev the car to about 3500 rpm and dump the clutch. That will give you a little burnout, but if you want to smoke em' for awhile, you're going to have to learn to powerbrake. You can powerbrake from 2nd with 3.73+ but need to go from 1st with stock gears.

Whether at the street/strip remember the secret to a great burnout - WATCH YOUR MPH! The faster your mph, the bigger and smokier the burnout. Don't expect a monster burnout if your only going 30-35 mph...lol You want to be in the 55-75 mph range.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:18 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

heres how its done

revved it up to 4k, dropped the clutch, and stayed on the gas. TCS off. its that simple. i think your clutch might be slipping.

btw don't mind the crappy "burnout" my friend did in the RSX hahaha. its a great car, don't get me wrong, just not the ideal burnout car.
l have done burnouts many times on other cars.. but with mine l cant.. also my car brand new, my clutch is not slipping.. one l start to pop the clutch rpm goes down and the car doesnt move. as l said damn computer dont let me l believe.. not a big deal, l am not burnout crazy..

also l do what the guy did on the video.. when l launch hard, l spin the tires all the way through to 2nd gear.. my question was, do a burnout and dont move, just spin the tires!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

As I said earlier I think it's due to a strong rear brake bias although I wouldn't rule out ABS or some other electronic nannies. The car has the power to powerbrake even stock and I've seen it done. I just can't do it...Yet
Old 07-24-2006, 03:09 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Turn off TCS, rev to 3-4 grand dump the clutch and when at about 5 grand shift to second and you'll be set until the next shift. After that all you have to do is push the clutch in and get ready to move out of it.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
IEATSRT
1st Gear Member

Some food for thought, scroll down and read the " secret you must know". then browse the whole article, not bad.

http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/1.../features.html

Quick Reply: can you do burnouts on your new stang?