Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Modify Lease Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

Default Modify Lease Vehicle

Im currently Leasing a S197 GT and im interesting in getting a Brenspeed Xcal 2 Tune and CAI package. Most people ive talked to, including a mechanic that had previously worked at a Ford Dealership, said that mild modifications such as CAI, axel back mufflers etc wont void your warranty, nor will they upset the lease agreement, provided you keep the original parts just in case. I cant think of any reason Id not purchase this car when my lease is up and I cant see any problem with holding onto and swapping the old filter/intake assembly in the garage. My question is: to your experience is it possible to slightly modify a lease vehicle? My mechanic buddy said that the people who will actually service the car generally dont know if the car is leased or bought.

PS. Can I get one of my three tunes to be a stock tune without the CAI? Just in case I need to revert the car to complete stock?
Old 07-26-2006, 02:38 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Modify Lease Vehicle

ORIGINAL: Skunkworks

Im currently Leasing a S197 GT and im interesting in getting a Brenspeed Xcal 2 Tune and CAI package. Most people ive talked to, including a mechanic that had previously worked at a Ford Dealership, said that mild modifications such as CAI, axel back mufflers etc wont void your warranty, nor will they upset the lease agreement, provided you keep the original parts just in case. I cant think of any reason Id not purchase this car when my lease is up and I cant see any problem with holding onto and swapping the old filter/intake assembly in the garage. My question is: to your experience is it possible to slightly modify a lease vehicle? My mechanic buddy said that the people who will actually service the car generally dont know if the car is leased or bought.

PS. Can I get one of my three tunes to be a stock tune without the CAI? Just in case I need to revert the car to complete stock?
Doing a CAI/Tune should not be a problem on a leased car, keep the original parts as you said, just in case, also the tuner uploads the stock tune as a backup so you'll have 4 tunes, the stock one that can be reloaded any time plus the three tunes you get from your CAI/Tuner company. It's easy to install the CAI and also very easy to load the tune on your car. Good luck!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:43 AM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

Doing a CAI/Tune should not be a problem on a leased car, keep the original parts as you said, just in case, also the tuner uploads the stock tune as a backup so you'll have 4 tunes, the stock one that can be reloaded any time plus the three tunes you get from your CAI/Tuner company. It's easy to install the CAI and also very easy to load the tune on your car. Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply, although now Im thinking about a bamachip tune after reading your S****Y grin post about your tune now. I hear Brenspeed tunes are excellent as well guess we shall see.

Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:15 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

All i'll say is YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:03 AM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

All i'll say is YOU CAN DO IT!!!

lol
hells yeah, now its more like, where to stop, I always get addicted moding my vehicles.