Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

nitrous track times

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:24 AM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: nitrous track times

ORIGINAL: blowngt

75 hp at the track? What a waste. First of all, if you squeeze of the line you will not hook up on street tires
The Zex kit releases the nitrous shot at wide open throttle only. How many people launch at wide open throttle?

Old 07-29-2006, 12:45 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Hey, what is the electronic window switch for??
Old 07-29-2006, 06:37 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

[quote]
ORIGINAL: blowngt

75 hp at the track? What a waste. First of all, if you squeeze of the line you will not hook up on street tires

ORIGINAL: GTlust

The Zex kit releases the nitrous shot at wide open throttle only. How many people launch at wide open throttle?
[sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 07-29-2006, 11:22 PM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

Hey, what is the electronic window switch for??
Turns nitrous on and off at specific RPM's.

TPS (Throttle Positioning Sensor) -> Sends signal to turn nitrous on at full throttle -> Window switch allows signal to pass through and turn nitrous on if the RPM's are in a specific range. i.e. 3krpms - 6krpms. So if you were to have it floored at 6200 rpms about to bounce off the rev limiter, the window switch would have already turned your nitrous off even though the TPS is telling the nitrous to spray.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

Sleeper - first of all you have a JLT intake and I have a K&N

second of all you are ignorant/il-informed (not to be rude) - check the big magazine article that everyone refers to when the CAI subject comes up. K&N claims a 15hp increase with NO TUNE. the magazine was surprised when their test resulted in 18 hp with NO TUNE. how bout them apples? they added a tune and only gained 3 more hp

thirdly - unlike with a supercharger, the Zex kit comes with it's own fuel management unit which distributes fuel as required. with a supercharger it's bigger injectors and the rest is up to the computer. therefore the Zex kit can be run without a tune

fourth - i fully realize the potential of a tune. i also fully realize the ramifications when the dealer sees a flash date on my computer. i have a 5 year/75000 mile warranty that i intend to keep. the Zex kit can be easily removed. at only a 75hp shot w/ it's own added fuel delivery, the engine will be plenty safe. i am only concerned with the level of performance anyone with that system has seen.
Just a little news flash for everyone using nitrous...I was at my dealer the other month getting my first oil change for free when I noticed an 06 on the rack with a motor problem(I was told).They(The mechanic)was sticking a probe in the exhaust(Mufflers).I asked what's this about?The guy told me this will tell us if the car was on nitrous or not.....Yeah,let that soak in a bit before you get the bottle...If your dealer is cool with you then you have no worries I guess but I would be careful!Oh,,,as far as getting your warranty voided for a reflash of your computer.?.Thats B.S.!Your tuner SHOULD(like the Diablo)be able to reflash your car back to stock.The only thing the computer will show is as if the battery was disconnected and the systym had to reboot.Ive been through this already with my dealer & I believe Ive read here that someone else has too.Hope this helps you out.Buy the tuner, you'll be happy with it!
Old 07-30-2006, 01:27 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Nicceeeee. Could not have been any clearer! Thanks. I will make sure mine has that..
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

yeah when you reflash your ecm, it stores a fault for communication between the ecm and guage cluster. because the two module cant talk to each while one or the other is programming. i think my new dealer ignores it because they dont care.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

Sleeper - first of all you have a JLT intake and I have a K&N

second of all you are ignorant/il-informed (not to be rude) - check the big magazine article that everyone refers to when the CAI subject comes up. K&N claims a 15hp increase with NO TUNE. the magazine was surprised when their test resulted in 18 hp with NO TUNE. how bout them apples? they added a tune and only gained 3 more hp

thirdly - unlike with a supercharger, the Zex kit comes with it's own fuel management unit which distributes fuel as required. with a supercharger it's bigger injectors and the rest is up to the computer. therefore the Zex kit can be run without a tune

fourth - i fully realize the potential of a tune. i also fully realize the ramifications when the dealer sees a flash date on my computer. i have a 5 year/75000 mile warranty that i intend to keep. the Zex kit can be easily removed. at only a 75hp shot w/ it's own added fuel delivery, the engine will be plenty safe. i am only concerned with the level of performance anyone with that system has seen.
rodeo, you might want to double check your "facts" against my real world experience. im telling you that:

a) i got just shy of 50rwhp with just an intake and pulleys, with the aid of a proper dyno tune, and
b) a tune will NOT, and CANNOT void your warrenty, while
c) nitrous WILL void your warrenty no matter what.

while no mod can "void" your whole warrenty, nitrous will void the warrenty on your engine, tranny, driveline, and possibly a number of other things. also, i hope to hell you get colder plugs if you dont want a tune.

i am FAR more researched than you on these new stangs (tho not an expert nor do i claim to be one), and have MUCH more hands on install and run time than you with mine. i was simply giving you an educated and valuable opinion that a tune would be the proper and mature way to approach any use of nitrous on a system as sensitive to change in conditions as our motors are. take it or leave it, but HOW DARE YOU CALL ME IGNORANT