Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

voiding my warranty w/ s/c

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:12 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

Default voiding my warranty w/ s/c

is this true? i thought it would void the warrenty.

http://kennebell.net/faq/faq-answers3(2).htm

Does the supercharger void my new vehicle warranty? No. It is against Federal Law for a Dealer to refuse a warranty claim because an aftermarket product has been installed on your vehicle. If a warranty is denied, contact the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. Additional information is available at the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association) website www.sema.org. Kenne Bell is a member of SEMA.
Are Kenne Bell Supercharger Kits "50 State Legal?" Since 1991, all our kits have been "50 State Legal" with a California Air Resource Board Exemption Number. Some kits may be only "49 State Legal" and in the process of being California certified so, if in doubt, check with us. You can also check the internet at http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...ES/devices.htm. Then type in "supercharger system."
Old 08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: voiding my warranty w/ s/c

No your warranty won't be voided completely, but if you blow your motor good luck getting Ford to replace it. But if your window motor quits working then that would still be under warranty.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Right, like Shortbus said, it has to do with what part on your car goes bad. The only way they can void a warranty is if the aftermarket product you added causes the part to go bad. In this case, youre adding a supercharger therefore they wont replace your motor if you blow it up adding 24 lbs of boost.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

It will not void your warentee... however, if Ford feels it directly caused the failure, they WILL refuse to make the repair.

Also - we have had people in the past post their experience of haveing to FIGHT Ford to get something covered even though the modification did NOT contribute to the failure. They still won, but they had to go through a bunch of hoops to get it done.

Ford - to save money - will deny every claim they can for what ever excuse they can, it is up to YOU the consumer to justifiy your case and force Ford to honor the warentee work.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

If Ford installs a "Roush" S/C ,they will cover your damage,provides it is within 3 years of install.If you modify the pulley and increase the charge(only 5 psi)they will void the warranty.You then will then have to force the issue.It is a Roots blower,and not everyone like this type.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:25 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xzo6

If Ford installs a "Roush" S/C ,they will cover your damage,provides it is within 3 years of install.If you modify the pulley and increase the charge(only 5 psi)they will void the warranty.You then will then have to force the issue.It is a Roots blower,and not everyone like this type.
Ford only covers Roush blowers provided they are installed and certified through Ford. If you go buy a Roush blower and install it yourself and one week later your engine blows up the front of your car they arent going to fix your car. Same with the Saleen blowers. And I doubt they would cover a KB sc anyways seen as how they dont install them. Now if you took it to your dealership they might install it for you for a price, but that doesnt mean it will be covered under your warranty.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:25 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Technically the motors with Roush and Saleen s/c's installed are warrantied by Roush and Saleen not Ford. Roush also places a maximum of $5k on the claim.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:48 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

O, my mistake, I thought Ford covered them.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:47 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

more power always hurts the engine! when ford gives us the warranty, the basicly say this.. 'dude, we built this car and we are guarantee you if this car breaks down in 36 months, the way we build, then we will repair it for you! but when you add S/C to your car, that thing will make your motor work faster, and harder launches, etc.. and sure if you would have problem with it, then ford will refuse to repair it and l think they are RIGHT! about 50 state legal thing is a big BULL****, dude, we are not talking about legal or illegal. we are talking about warranty.. cold air intake is legal too but will avoid the warranty! anything adds performance to the car will avoid your warranty.. if you dont believe me, go and ask or try and see what is happening!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:30 AM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

You've got to work on your presentation man, not everything is a damned conflict around here.

Have a point of view, but lighten up eh?

Quick Reply: voiding my warranty w/ s/c