Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

500 rwhp mustang vs. 500 awhp evo

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 08:34 PM
bunit9685
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 500 rwhp mustang vs. 500 awhp evo

If that cobra owner didnt botch the launch on purpose to make his buddy look good in the evo then he doesnt deserve that car. That video's older than hell anyways.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:22 PM
astroGT
1st Gear Member

I have 270rwhp and stock tires and I still launch faster than the Cobra. There is no way he was trying. The Evo is nice though. I have to admit.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Bmrb0y96
1st Gear Member

b1nk sadly you clearly have no clue what evo's are capable of, and why among the racing community as a whole the car is respected. the fact they produce the numbers they do out of that motor, and have the performance #'s to back it up is simply amazing, not to mention they run for practically forever (the only mitsu that does).. GRANTED THEY RIDE LIKE ***, its a total track car. It's clunky, the suspension is stiff, there's 0 body roll, the acceleration is amazing (even more so being a 4 banger).. but its basically gutted too, your lucky to get an air-conditioner.. an evo is NOT rice...a LANCER with stickers trying to pose as an evo is rice, but an evo no way..

maybe you should be watching top gear, and do a little research.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8haGli-z9g&search=FQ400

hello suby STI as well...
Old 08-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

i would like to see those two race from a 40mph roll. . . i bet the stang would take it then . . .

Launching, AWD > RWD

roll racing, RWD > AWD

some ricer punk prolly chopped the vid and left out the part where the mustang slapped it from a roll. . .

:-)
Old 08-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

No car (minus F1 race cars and the like) will EVER have the need for a wing that big. Even with 500 hp that car cant go fast enough to need that wing, thats like saying it needs a front splitter and rear diffuser. BS! Wings on regular cars are USELESS and mearly for looks. Nowhere in my post did I say it wasnt a fast car, I just said it was a piece of crap.

Wings are functional and you don't need a degree in something important to figure that one out. Toyota Supra TT at 85 mph + provided several pounds of downforce. The wing affected the car enough that dealerships were not allowed to install one on car without until after the sale and at the request at the buyer. The wing created drag along with downforce changing the EPA ratings. If my memory serves me right, seems like Dodge has done that before to.

Its still guys like you that make me second guess buying a Mustang.

HP is HP. Get over it if you get beat. It all comes down to who is stupid enough to spend the money.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:57 AM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

so obvious that the 'stang driver botched the take off

and for the Evo.... adding all that extra horsepower is like sprinkling sugar on a turd, it's still a piece of sheit
Old 08-02-2006, 02:51 AM
Bmrb0y96
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SilverR1_04

so obvious that the 'stang driver botched the take off

and for the Evo.... adding all that extra horsepower is like sprinkling sugar on a turd, it's still a piece of sheit
sadly 90% of the car racing community would say the same about your car.. mitsu's arent the best cars ever made, but an evo is FAR from a pos.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:52 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bmrb0y96

b1nk sadly you clearly have no clue what evo's are capable of, and why among the racing community as a whole the car is respected. the fact they produce the numbers they do out of that motor, and have the performance #'s to back it up is simply amazing, not to mention they run for practically forever (the only mitsu that does).. GRANTED THEY RIDE LIKE ***, its a total track car. It's clunky, the suspension is stiff, there's 0 body roll, the acceleration is amazing (even more so being a 4 banger).. but its basically gutted too, your lucky to get an air-conditioner.. an evo is NOT rice...a LANCER with stickers trying to pose as an evo is rice, but an evo no way..

maybe you should be watching top gear, and do a little research.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8haGli-z9g&search=FQ400

hello suby STI as well...
Again... copy and paste in my post where I said it was slow.. I have no doubts the car is fast.. we clearly saw in the video it wasnt slow. All I stated is that its a piece of **** IMO. It looks like ****, it rides like ****, and it attracts flies like ****. Period. If you like one, go buy one, but its definately not my thing. I have no problems with the car, it does what it does well and is better than most other imports but they are simply not for me and the people that drive them think they are the best thing since sliced bread and that they own the world. You dont see me taking my happy, giddy *** over to the honda or subaru forums and posting vids of how my Mustang smoked 2347623476 imports do you? No, but they insist on coming over here and doing it everytime they make a kill. Big freakin deal, I could post vids of how a foxbody smoked a blown STI a couple weeks ago at the track, foxbody took off so fast the STI virtually stopped half way down the track because the fox was already in the loop. Fox got an 8.39 and the STI slowed down so much it got a 19 something. Sad thing is when he got back in the pits he was talking smack saying he could have won so the fox offered another chance and the STI lost by 3.5 seconds. Importers generally dont know when to shut their mouths. Where as you never saw me say once in my post that the EVO in that video wouldnt smoke my ***.

ORIGINAL:Hiboost
Wings are functional and you don't need a degree in something important to figure that one out. Toyota Supra TT at 85 mph + provided several pounds of dowforce. The wing affected the car enough that dealerships were not allowed to install one on car without until after the sale and at the request at the buyer. The wing created drag along with downforce changing the EPA ratings. If my memory serves me right, seems like Dodge has done that before to.

Its still guys like you that make me second guess buying a Mustang.

HP is HP. Get over it if you get beat. It all comes down to who is stupid enough to spend the money.
Id like to see a report on a street car with a wing in which the wing helped, more than hindered performance.

Yes wings help reduce uplift but at what expense? What good is a wing that weighs 40 lbs, isnt adjustable, causes drag and only provides downforce at speeds in excess of 100+ mph, on a street car? Please tell me. I want to know.

Ill help you, theyre pointless.

You will rarely get above the required speed for it to produce enough downforce rather than just causing the car drag, not to mention it will have to generate more than twice the downforce of any front wing or splitter just so the car is balanced and controllable, and if youre not planning on taking corners at 80+ mph then you have no reason to need one at all aside from looks.

No one said that wings were worthless because beleive me I have seen enough races to know that they absolutely do play a vital role. I said they are pointless on a car that is driven on the street, meaning you arent going to get enough downforce on your daily drive to Starbucks in your Lancer EVO to be worth it.

Once again, for the third time, I never said it wasnt fast and I never said it didnt have alot of HP, all I said was that it took 24 lbs of boost in order to get it there. Dont sit here and say your asian imports are everything and a bag of chips if you cant take the list of things that they blow at. Yeah, the little teeny 2.0L motor can handle 24 lbs of boost, thats nice. I can sit here all day and talk about how good Stangs are but the one thing that I will also do is sit here and admit the things it cant do. Import cars can corner better than most all American made cars, and most all American made cars can slaughter imports in a straight away race, I know that and Im not ashamed to admit it.. My point was you can mod out American made cars to have as much HP as that EVO while still being N/A.

And to all of you that are jumping all over my case, why not take a look at the poster of this video. He obviously only joined to come in here and talk smack. Just another import driver coming into the Mustang forums with a bogus video to try and start something.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:13 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

*Climbs in his flame-retardant suit before joining the thread*

Everyone....repeat after me: Wuuuussabbbaaa......wuuuuussaaabbbbaa......feel the calm.......feel the calm........

This seems to be one of the most hotly contested subjects on the forum. Some folks don't like Evo's, some folks do. Can't we all just get along? =)

As for me personally, I like Evo's. I think it's a helluva car for the price. I choose not to own one, and doubt I ever will, but that doesn't lessen my respect for it any less. So are our cars. Mustangs, esp. the 2005+ models are a HELLUVA car for the money.

I am actually very curious what the Evo owner had to do to that car to get it at 500hp. (I don't doubt him at all, I would just be interested in seeing his list of engine mods/work.)

Ahhh, Top Gear. I LOVE that show! I've learned more about cars in general from Top Gear than any other source. They didn't like our new Mustang, though. =( But, as a consolation prize, it DID go in the "Very cool" section of the Cool Wall, and nearly went into the Sub Zero section!

For those of you that have NO IDEA what I am talking about, goto Youtube, or your favorite bittorrent site and download an episode of Top Gear. GREAT car show for the common man.

-Shaun
Old 08-02-2006, 03:17 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

Oh, I meant to ask:

The rear wing arguement has me really intrigued. I know exactly jack-**** about car aerodynamics, so does the rear spoiler on our stangs make any difference other than looks? If I remember correctly, you can order the 2007s with wing deletion option can't you? If that's the case, wouldn't that imply that they are minimumly functional, if at all? (I ask this out of ignorance on the matter.)

I know the Bugatti Veyron has a functional rear wing, but that is HARDLY an ordinary car. Wouldn't that also imply the Evo could have a functional wing as well?

Quick Reply: 500 rwhp mustang vs. 500 awhp evo