Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A/C Issues on new Fords?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:42 PM
bcc333
1st Gear Member

Default RE: A/C Issues on new Fords?

Atlanta is getting hot. recently this has worked. the goal is to replace superheated air 120++ degrees w/ ambient air (99 degrees)..then cool that

paint car white

[ul][*]crack windows 1/2 inch or so (you want air going out, not coming in !)[*]cut a/c on fresh and full blast 4 fan [*] drive a block to get airflow over A/C condensor & push superheated air out...possibly switching to defrost/ defrost -- front vents/ floor to remove THAT superheated air [*] turn air selection **** full Counter-clockwise to Max AC this automatically cuts on re-circulate then raise windows
[/ul]

Now can somebody post a picture of the location Suction side of the A/C for the 134A Freon? Thanks.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:46 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Mine isn't that cold either, I.ve taken it to the dealer a million times and like Professor said, Everything meets factory spec. I duno one more thing to add to the evergrowing list of things that are crap with this car.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

sitting still. . . my A/C is not the best . . . but when the rpm's are about say 1500 like from driving. . . its significantly cooler. . .
Old 08-03-2006, 03:52 PM
howyhowy
1st Gear Member

My 2007 GT is not as cold as my 2002 GT was. Its been close to 100F here in NJ and my AC has a little trouble keeping up.
-howy
Old 08-03-2006, 05:00 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

i dont think mine is cold enough either. i have to keep it all the way on blue.

i did take it in and while i watched they put a temp gauge into one of the air outlets set the ac to max and speed 4. it shot down to 45degrees. but it sure didnt feel that cold. im never freezing in there just comfortable. i epxect at max cold setting it should be very cold.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:49 PM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmmmmm

i dont think mine is cold enough either. i have to keep it all the way on blue.

i did take it in and while i watched they put a temp gauge into one of the air outlets set the ac to max and speed 4. it shot down to 45degrees. but it sure didnt feel that cold. im never freezing in there just comfortable. i epxect at max cold setting it should be very cold.

Funny how turning off the heater will help the A/C stay cold.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:37 PM
CTE
1st Gear Member

I'm with Blinkage, here in Florida, it gets very hot and humid.

A black car in the sun, using a sun shield, tint and slightly cracking the windows keeps the heat from building up. Out of the garage, instant cold. From exposed parking lots, 2 minutes to very cool. Never had a problem with the AC. (now tomorrow it won't work, lol)

The idea of checking the refrig levels sound like a good plan to look into.

Scubadog, aka CTE
Old 08-03-2006, 11:54 PM
millergt
1st Gear Member

Speck should be around 42-45 degrees inside the vent. You can have a ford tech test it and if it does not hit that with the Max AC on they should look into it further. Mine was not hitting that and they found a leak in the cmpressor. You have to test in on Max Ac with the fan on high to do the test properly. when it was on lower settings it did reach the mid fourties but jumped to the fifties when put under strain. Try this and ghood luck.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:09 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

My ac is fine. Although I have the Steeda udp's it's nice and comfy...However as the other guy said, if its been sitting in the sun (blk) on a 100 degree day it WILL NOT just instantly cool it off. Maybe 2 minutes. Anyway, to the point here. There is a TSB for ac on our cars. How do I know that? Because I just picked up my car from the dealer after replacing the fuel pump(another TSB) when me and my service guy started talking about if I had to pay for my tire rotation or not as he looked up my account on his computer. After finding which extended warranty I had (there is a engine plan, a basic plan, etc that covers different things). Anyway, hes a pretty cool guy so hes like, "let me print this out for you" (what we were reading on the sceen about my coverage) So after looking at it when I was sitting in the car (kinda hard to read-dot matrix) I saw something like this

*******warning*******warning***** TSB blah blah blah about how to fix the vert top

*******warnig *******warning****** TSB blah blah blah about AC COMP ISSUES

It then went on with instructions for either the service guy or the tech not sure which one but it was telling whoever how to go about checking and replacing if either one of these issues became an issue.

It is very hard to read because of the printer. I will look at it again to try and make out the TSB number for the ac. I did not pay it any mind because I had no ac issues. Since reading this thread it reminded me of it. (This was just this week) My thought is that what ever that screen was it shows the same info on every ones Mustang because I do not have a Vert so why would it be on the sheet with my car? Because it prints out on every Mustang. The service guy just has to go to that screen. It is the screen that list you info like name, car, year, when purchased. On that screen he hit a button that opened up another window that said what ext warranty I had. The info was in that window. Anyway I am running on here so there is a TSB for ac. I will post if I can read the numbers. My guess is any of you guys could go to your dealer and get this info pulled up.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:43 AM
dave186

the AC in my car seems to work pretty good, it will get down to 45 degrees eventually. the last few weeks the temps have been over 100, one day it got to 107 and it would still eventually cool down to 45 as long as i was moving. (i have a thermometer stuck in the vent) but it does seem like it takes longer to cool than my past ford vehicles.

Quick Reply: A/C Issues on new Fords?