Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

you have got to read this, l just talked the owner of 04 stang!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 01:06 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default you have got to read this, l just talked the owner of 04 stang!

OK l took my break and l was smoking at the parking lot and l saw this guy parked his car went in to the hotel and l went and checked his car and the car had this rear end:

just one exhaust like v6 and same rear end as v6 but the only thing was he got GT badge at the back of the car. and l looked at the wheels and wheels looked like v6 wheels (ALLOY)

on my next break, l saw him walked to his car and took something out of it and astarted to smoke and while he was passing by me, we had this conversation (which made me WWTTTFFF!)

ME: is that your car?
HIM: yeah,
ME: is that v6 or GT?
HIM: GT- V8, l wanted to line up dude but l am having problem with the exhaust. l got x-pipe and it blew up. the car has not as much power now.
ME: how? cant you just replace the exhaust system?
HIM: it blew up from the headers, so basicly it effected to engine and to fix cost 2 grand.
ME: ( l am pretending like stupid) wow, thats a lot.. how many hp did you put down with it?
HIM: this is stage 2, stage 3s are twin turbo, l put 302 at the wheels.. but recently l was putting 289rwhp.l have raced some other mustags too and l walked all of them. this is my 7th mustang.
ME: wow, thats very good numbers, you will beat me all day (2006 MUSTANG GT- MANUAL)
blah blah..

(after he went to his work area BAR) I was like BULLSSHHIITTTT.. THAT THING is V6.. l looked at the exhaust, it had v6 exhaust.

somebody please tell me what is going on here.. is he bull****ting or he is serious? this dude had just CAI, exhaust, UDP and tune.
whatever he puts down, l wanna race him but he got an excuse, exhaust is broken.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:12 AM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: you have got to read this, l just talked the owner of 04 stang!

Easy fix, look under the car....

Lemme be more specific, if its a v8 then it will have the H pipe underneath or as he said X pipe that he put on. If it "blew up" im assuming he ment he somehow has a hole in it, then it would still be there and is leaking (his less power) but it will still be under there. If its a 6 then its just gonna come straight back all the way, and you wont see it split into 2
Old 08-04-2006, 01:16 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

did it have fogs? bullit wheels, 150 mph speedo?
Old 08-04-2006, 01:19 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

did it have fogs? bullit wheels, 150 mph speedo?
regular allow wheels (l see them mostly on v6 stangs) l didnt get a chance the look at the interior. (it was at night) no fogs.

dude, look at the pic l sent. this thing had exhaust exactly like that.. v-8 engine cant have a exhaust like regular street car exhaust..

also can someone post ehre a 2004 v6 stang engine photo and v8 engine photo?
Old 08-04-2006, 01:21 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

150 mph speedo?
Yeah Im wondering why our new GT's only have a 145 speedo and the old ones have a 150... arent our cars a fair bit faster than the 03-04's?

But back on topic, dude I think hes bsing you... if his exhaust blew up at the headers, I would think there would be manifold damage and some kind of engine damage, which would be alot more than 2 grand to fix, not to mention a new exhaust system... soooo either hes getting parts dirt cheap and his entire right pipe fell off when it "exploded" or hes full of it.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:24 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

WOW.....That guy is a tool, If It was a sleeper he did some pretty extensive retro-fitting to make it look like a V6....The biggest giveaway I saw is look at the rear bumper on the blue mustang in the front left top of the picture. Notice the bumper is molded to fit around both tail pipes, just like ours. If this guy put a single exhaust on his car, he would of had to replace the whole rear bumper and the stance is completely different, so to me I think he's an idiot who wishes he had a GT
Old 08-04-2006, 01:27 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Other than a potato in the tail pipe, how in the hell do yo blow up headers???[sm=bs.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Old 08-04-2006, 01:31 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: backinblack06
, so to me I think he's an idiot who wishes he had a GT
hahahahahahaahaha.. also is there any stage 1- stage 2 - stage 3 stangs? he told me his is GT v-8 stage 2. (the only think on that car looks like GT is that GT emblem at the back of the car
Old 08-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

dude . . .

all i heard was . . . "stage two comes with twin turbo"

i then proceeded to raise the CRAP flag. . .

this guy is a ricer driving a mustang. . . doesn't know SHEEEOOOTT!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:50 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F00Mustang

Other than a potato in the tail pipe, how in the hell do yo blow up headers???[sm=bs.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Yeah and that doesnt even work.. Mythbusters busted it... they shoved in all kinds of stuff and soon as it cranked it just blew it all out at like.. 50 mph

Quick Reply: you have got to read this, l just talked the owner of 04 stang!