Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Badges

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:31 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT Badges

Mikefan20, this is not directed towards you at all.

Instant idiot? Cant afford it, huh? Umm, actually, I make PLENTY of money thank you very much. As for a badge and my car. I purchased my 06GT while I was at home on leave for a brief 2 weeks. The Ford dealership didn't have any Saleen vehicles in at that time. Well....I couldn't wait and so I simply purchased a GT with 7 miles on it.

I have purchased many items that are found on the Saleen. And if by chance I have made my GT a "ricer" because I bolted on aftermarket stuff then so be it....but I'm pretty certain that many Saleen owners love their car for the performance they have. I also found, along this building and buying journey, that in some ways it was actually cheaper to buy a GT and convert it to Saleen. Personally, I could care less if it came with a certificate or anything else that shows its an original Saleen. What I do care about is the fact that my car has over 400HP and could probably stop a mud hole in your ****! But hey thats just me.

If I put the Saleen body kit on my car it still doesnt make it any meaner than a GT - maybe a little heavier but thats it. If I remove my badges - does that mean I am not driving a GT?

Oh and one last thing imyy4u . The badge isnt for my car....but thanks for the "ricer" comments and no help whatsoever in the location of where to purchase them. And ask yourself this - why am I bashing someone when I do not even know their intent? How about you jump on some other forum bandwagon or just answer questions in an attempt to help people.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 PM
aldoe90

hey well if you are lookunig for some other mustang badges here is a link to a place that sells them www.50resto.com
Old 08-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

If I remove my badges - does that mean I am not driving a GT?
No, of course it doesn't mean it isn't a GT.

But if you put a Cobra badge on it, then you are advertising it as something it isn't. I think that was the point.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:04 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Oh good lord...?

If you change anything on your stock body - then you are "advertising" it as something else. If I removed my badges completely and put the Saleen body kit on there then I am basically doing the same thing. And thats like me saying, dont go put the Roush exhaust on your car because then you are advertising something you dont have. We are talking about a damn badge now.... LOL Come on, seriously. There are points to both sides of this conversation, I agree.

I simply needed a website so I could look at specifics for the Cobra badge. So..........THANK YOU aldoe90!!!! This is all I needed. However, we managed to highjack someone elses thread for the sake of arguing.

Sorry Pete F. - I didnt realize this would bring up a fuss to some people.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Oh good lord...?

If you change anything on your stock body - then you are "advertising" it as something else. If I removed my badges completely and put the Saleen body kit on there then I am basically doing the same thing. And thats like me saying, dont go put the Roush exhaust on your car because then you are advertising something you dont have. We are talking about a damn badge now.... LOL Come on, seriously. There are points to both sides of this conversation, I agree.

I simply needed a website so I could look at specifics for the Cobra badge. So..........THANK YOU aldoe90!!!! This is all I needed. However, we managed to highjack someone elses thread for the sake of arguing.

Sorry Pete F. - I didnt realize this would bring up a fuss to some people.
If you change "anything" on your stock body, you are not necessarily advertising it as something else. However, the badge clearly identifies the car, and if you take off the GT badge and put on a Cobra badge, then you are definitely advertising it as something it is not.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:47 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

The badge is going on my brothers 93 Cobra and thats all I needed the information for.

And I will make sure that I dont ever pop the hood on my car and show off the Saleen S/C.... heaven forbid if I falsely advertise my GT as a Saleen.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:21 PM
slowpozer
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikefan20

OH NO!! PLease don't say that your putting cobra badges on your GT. No body kit merits having those. Not even if you drop in a S/C 5.4L in there. Only COBRAS should have a cobra badge. I'm sure you wouldn't like seeing all the V6 guys driving with your GT badge.
+1

And I know about posers.......
Old 08-09-2006, 08:46 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

And as stated before....... THIS ISNT FOR MY DAMN CAR.

I just needed the F$%&ing website to pass on to my brother. When I get back to the States I will make sure to post a picture of my GT on here so you can see how much of a "poser" it is. You will not see a single "poser" or "ricer" item on it. Somewhere in the ball park of 8 months 3 weeks and counting.................. [X(] Hopefully I can stay there longer than 6 months this time though.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

And as stated before....... THIS ISNT FOR MY DAMN CAR.

I just needed the F$%&ing website to pass on to my brother. When I get back to the States I will make sure to post a picture of my GT on here so you can see how much of a "poser" it is. You will not see a single "poser" or "ricer" item on it. Somewhere in the ball park of 8 months 3 weeks and counting.................. [X(] Hopefully I can stay there longer than 6 months this time though.

thats cool man. . . these guys just thought you were gonna make your GT a "poser cobra" . . . thats all,

it just seemed that way because you were asking about taking off the GT badge, and then went strait into wanting a cobra badge. . .

it just seemed that you were gonna do it. . . they just interpreted what you were doing and added their .02 . . . no biggy homie
Old 08-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Trapeze
1st Gear Member

stop being an attention ***** and be proud of what you own, rather than trying to make it something it's not.
Best quote ever

Quick Reply: GT Badges