Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

no cats....warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 04:53 AM
eleanor19

Default no cats....warranty

I want to put on an o/r h-pipe, but i am worried about the warranty issues. For those of you who have no cats, how do you feel about potentially voiding the warranty
Old 08-07-2006, 10:22 AM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: no cats....warranty

The dealership where I bought mine said anything BEHIND the cats is ok. That leads me to belive:
NO CATS = NO WARRANTY
Old 08-07-2006, 10:38 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

by removing the cats, you are modifying the emission system, and voiding your warranty. what sucks is usually they only void the warranty if the aftermarket part you installed is the DIRECT CAUSE of the issue...but if you remove cats, the whole warranty is gone, since it is illegal. fyi.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

if you go to the shop to get like a door lock fixed, they may not bother you about not having cats. . . although they could, just like ^^^^ said
Old 08-07-2006, 04:23 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eleanor19
I want to put on an o/r h-pipe, but i am worried about the warranty issues. For those of you who have no cats, how do you feel about potentially voiding the warranty
[SARCSM]
[] gasp!
Those things are for testing and "off-road" driving

You would[]never[]have them on while driving on the street - right?
[/SARCSM]

Seriously though - there are cat systems which flow well enough that they only cost you a couple of HP... (see brenspeed)

If you don't want to "break the law" or risk voiding your warranty by "accidentally" leaving your "test pipe" on when going in for a repair - then get high flow cats and be done with it...

The days of getting gobs of power by ripping off all the emissions equiptment are long gone...