Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stock V.S Stock???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:39 PM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Stock V.S Stock???

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

I disagree about the Chargers.

I'd would say that it is pretty close between an 05+ GT and a Charger Hemi. All the magazine reviews put the performance close, but with the Mustang at a slight advantage. A driver's race perhaps?

On the other hand, the SRT-8 Charger would be better than the 05+ GT.
The Charger/Magnum hemi's are 6+ second cars to 60 mph. The SRT-8's are high 5's. So the GT gets a good jump off the line, on them.

3500 lb car vs 4250
Old 08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

camaro / trans ams vs. 05+ GTs are not drivers race..those cars BONE STOCK runs 13 flat or very low 13s.. everyone knows that. GT good driver vs camaro bad driver = GT will win, otherwise, with both decent drivers, GT will not have chance to win!
um. . . you said, "good driver vs camaro bad driver = GT will win" . . . WTF do you think i mean by a drivers race . . .

bad drivers are a dime a dozen. . .

no stock Z28's running low 13's in my section of the state. . . mid to high 13's is all we see
Old 08-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

camaro / trans ams vs. 05+ GTs are not drivers race..those cars BONE STOCK runs 13 flat or very low 13s.. everyone knows that. GT good driver vs camaro bad driver = GT will win, otherwise, with both decent drivers, GT will not have chance to win!
um. . . you said, "good driver vs camaro bad driver = GT will win" . . . WTF do you think i mean by a drivers race . . .

no stock Z28's running low 13's in my section of the state. . . mid to high 13's is all we see
Ive never seen a stock Z28 run better than mid to high thirteens, Super Sport or WS6 different story.
R/T Chargers are quick but on 05 GT should pull.
SRT8... those things are mean.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:32 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

when l say drivers race that means those cars have the same power and it is up to driver! but camaros have more power than stangs and less weight.. so tell me 300-310 wrhp vs 260-265 rwhp + more weight.. who is faster? and tell me now if it is drivers race? the way you describe the drivers race, then corvette vs stang GT is drivers race too.. there are some dumbd corevette drivers too.. so now vettes vs. stang GTs are drivers race? use your brain and see whta l am talking about!

also at your area if stock camaros / trans ams runs mid 13s that that means stang GTs runs high 13s, low 14s at the BEST!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:33 AM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Skunkworks

Ive never seen a stock Z28 run better than mid to high thirteens, Super Sport or WS6 different story.
I made a pass in a bone stock automatic 02 Camaro for a friend at the track one night a couple years back. I ran a 13.2 in his car. Even had the spare tire in the trunk. Not sure what the DA was that night but the temperature was in the 70s.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:41 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

first of all, let me tell you this.. REGULAR TRANS AM or CAMARO = THE SAME POWER AS SS & WS.6.. they were just marketting.. DYNOs proved this over and over and over.. they dynoed bone stock regular trans am and right after bone stock ws6 and they both put down the same hp.

if camaros and trans ams runs high 13s at your area, then tell me what new stangs runs at your area?

dude, l wish our cars would have been as fast as f-bodies, but we are not and l am fine with it!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:03 AM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

I feel like you can beat any of those cars on say a 100ft race in an 05'GT. LOL. Most of those seem to have more torque down low due to bigger displacement and it makes them harder to launch. Just IMO. I say with a CAI and tuner I would race any of them (stock) to the 1/8th mile. The SRT8 will reel you in and so will the GTO with a decent driver in a longer race. We do have a good chassis now it works well for the cars pwr to weight ratio.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:15 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

stock for stock

05+GT > all mustang GTs
05+GT > new eclipse
05+GT < New GTOs (05-06), drivers race with 04 GTOs
05+GT < Chargers
05+GT < 98-02 camaros
05+GT > 93-97 camaros (or drivers race)
I agree with this except I've had different experiences with the Camaros. I believe the 01/02's are the one's that are a little more frisky.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:19 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigByrne12

How do our 05+ stock mustang GT's match up against these following cars???

02 mustang gt

new GTO's

new eclipse spyder GT's

Hemi Dodge Chargers

Camaro's of any sort

Just curious...any responses would be appreciated
Welp, here is my experience . . .

02 mustang GT. . . 05+ will own it. . . decent driving should give an easy kill

05+ GTO's . . . Driver's Race. . . STOCK FOR STOCK. . . same drivers. . . GTO has the edge
Reiterate:: I've seen these go as slow as 14.7 and as fast as 12.9, apparently hard to drive :-)

New Eclipse Spider . . . bout the same as the 02 Mustang GT. . . should be easy with decent driving or auto
note:: assuming both vehicles stock

Hemi Chargers. . . driver's race with the R/T's. . . should be able to pull them with equal drivers . . .
SRT8's . . . not a chance . . .

Camaro's . . . Driver's Race . . . stock for stock. . .equal drivers. . . i walked an auto 2001 Z28, both stock
6 speed Z28 2001+ was about dead even. . .
i always got them at take off though and they could not catch up before a 1/4 mile. . .

05+ GT with CAI and 93 tune should walk or cream all of the above except SRT8 charger. . .this is my experience BTW
I really want to see how fast those SRT 8's are. I haven't seen one at the track yet. I agree, the right tune with these things will really wake them up.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:31 AM
BigByrne12

Any of you run the C&L & SCT tune from brenspeed? If so, any problems, and how do u like it???

Quick Reply: Stock V.S Stock???