Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stock V.S Stock???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 01:32 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stock V.S Stock???

ORIGINAL: undefeated

I agree with this except I've had different experiences with the Camaros. I believe the 01/02's are the one's that are a little more frisky.
l agree.. 01/02 f-bodies puts down like 315RWHP!! we have to spend a lot of monye to put that power down. 98-00 f-bodies are like 295-300 rwhp.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:34 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigByrne12

Any of you run the C&L & SCT tune from brenspeed? If so, any problems, and how do u like it???
I have the Brenspeed and I love it. I have yet to compare it to Bamachips and Evo performance though. I want them all so I can know for sure. If you get Brenspeed, you won't be disappointed. The tune goes hand in hand with gears.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:39 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

I agree with this except I've had different experiences with the Camaros. I believe the 01/02's are the one's that are a little more frisky.
l agree.. 01/02 f-bodies puts down like 315RWHP!! we have to spend a lot of monye to put that power down. 98-00 f-bodies are like 295-300 rwhp.
I don't worry about fbodys if I see one in traffic. Most are going to beat me because they've had a couple of years to mod. The stock or close to stock are no threat though. It would be a nice Ford Vs Chevy as far as what I've seen. In fact, they would be a lot of fun to race.

Here's a link for those of you that say SS Camaros are no different than the Z28. Check it out.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:41 AM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

we beat chargers, and we r really close to gtos even tho they have a lot bigger engine they are heavy as hell
Old 08-08-2006, 01:42 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

One thing that I'm dissapointed about is that we have the skinny Pirelli bicycle[:@] tires on the back. Take note Ls1's have more meat on them. Anyone who races should know that the meat is what makes your torque work for you. This hurts me at the track, especially when I go from 1st to 2nd. I can't drive the car to it's potential due to fishtailing. Once I get some wider meats on here, things will be different.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:56 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

I don't worry about fbodys if I see one in traffic. Most are going to beat me because they've had a couple of years to mod. The stock or close to stock are no threat though. It would be a nice Ford Vs Chevy as far as what I've seen. In fact, they would be a lot of fun to race.

Here's a link for those of you that say SS Camaros are no different than the Z28. Check it out.
l am saying SS/ WS6 is no different than regular f-bodies.. l have been member of f-body webs ties a long time and l have seen many dyno runs and l have read many post by ws6/ ss owners says that they are the same..
also l have seen stock for stock dyno runs ws6 and regular T/A (2002) and they both put down 310-311 rwhp. (6 speed and aroun 35k miles)
Old 08-08-2006, 02:11 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

l am saying SS/ WS6 is no different than regular f-bodies.. l have been member of f-body webs ties a long time and l have seen many dyno runs and l have read many post by ws6/ ss owners says that they are the same..
also l have seen stock for stock dyno runs ws6 and regular T/A (2002) and they both put down 310-311 rwhp. (6 speed and aroun 35k miles)
That's wierd because I always heard they had a few more ponies under the hood.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:13 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

So paying the extra $$$$ for an SS with a ram-air intake and a engine tuned for 25 more horsepower is a fallacy ? They had a nicer spoiler than the Z-28 and a better exhaust.

I had an 2000 SS, and would smack Z-28's all day long. I never went to the track or got it dynoed, but I would burn everything I ever came up against. It was a powerful car but just had to many problems and I absolutely hate how chevy wouldnt back their car .

HMMMM.....no wonder I sold my Camaro, Chevy Blows.[:@]
Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ok, l will make a thread about this and post on f-body web sites and see what they say and post here. when l was newbie on f-bodies and l was talking about getting ws6s cuz they were faster and ALL F-BODY OWNERS TOLD ME, INCLUDING SS/ WS6 OWNERS THAT THAT WAS JUST FOR MARKETTING.. actually they put the same hp down,

Old 08-08-2006, 02:40 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Doodad, My bad man I was wrong. I was jsut reading CamaroZ28.com forums and they said the same thing you did. There is no difference power wise. It just the badging, exhaust, and a few suspension mods, but nothing as far as adding any additional power or making the SS faster. [sm=youreright.gif][sm=sorry.gif]

It would have been nice for Ford to rule the industry and really put out a car that would smack the **** out of Camaro's, I wonder why the mustang is ALWAYS underpowered compared to everyoen else ???

Quick Reply: Stock V.S Stock???