Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Girls girls girls

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:32 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Girls girls girls

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

Anyway, have you guys in others parts of the country noticed more females than males as well with Stangs?

Have these cars, current and prior (say last 5 years) been marketed to females or something? From what I see the females dont really want to race, even the ones who have some what fixed up their cars. (manely tint and exhaust though) Most of the time I see them they are speeding down the road with a cell phone in their hand or cig OR both and they rarely look like they are driving well.

Speeding but not racing ya know. Just seems a little strange to me that it more girls with these cars than guys. Maybe they are the only ones who can afford the insurance. Dunno

Thoughts? Also please list your city and state with any replies. Thanks.........
Well, I'm a chick with a GT in Costa Mesa, CA. I personally have a heavy lead foot and love to give it a go with dudes in Stangs that will chase (no one is allowed to bash me for this comment). You'll never see me driving the way you described these girls in your area. I have been a Mustang enthusiast for YEARS and have had a 1967 6cyl, a 1990 5.0 LX and now my 05 GT. I love working on cars and modding them to go faster! I did most of the work myself on my 67. Can't wait until I have the extra cash for some stuff for my new GT. Just right now my cash is sunk into Massage Therapy school.

I have a couple of Mustang books and both of them remarked that the 6cyls were originally marketed to the ladies. Here in Orange County, CA I see a lot of 6cyls driven by both sexes. More GTs are driven by men though. I get a lot of looks in my GT, mostly because I drive more like a guy I think and they are a little surprised to see a girl driving like I do. PS: I'm almost 39 and luckily for me, I don't even come close to looking like the girls you mentioned in your original post. I would make you do a double take.

Anyway, here's to girls like me who love the Mustang, love making it go fast, AND going fast!!!

PSS: As to the question as to why girls don't drive more like guys and want to race? I personally I think it goes back to what kind of toys they were handed as kids and how they were raised. I sat for hours and hours with my dad in the garage watching and helping him work on cars and our drag race boat and loved doing that as much as my Barbie collection so I retained my girlie girl side too. I think that many women are turned away from male oriented toys, hobbies, etc by their parents and friends and they shy away from the go fast stuff. Just my opinion, but if you took a poll of all of these only speeding-not really "driving" girls you see you might find that not only were they not exposed to racing, but they were motivated by their families not to act that way. IMO.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:22 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I will race someone now and then. But I dont waste my time with cars that I know I am faster than. I might play a bit. But no racing unless it is something formidible.

but driving fast and racing are two totally different things. When doing either the last thing you want your mind to be on is the other guy.

It is all just how you were raised. If someone is raised around cars, they want certain cars and drive certain ways.

From fords standpoint it is important for them to be able to make the distinction between the cute chick car and the macho mustang GT and shelby.

I think both are great no matter who drives them.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

My boss at work owns an '06 Mustang GT manual, and take away my mods, she could kick my *** in a race. I was talking to her about her car when she got it, and she went down the line of all the mustang's she has owned and how she used to be a big street racer.

That being said, SonicStanggirl, I think you're the exception to the rule. I do see A LOT of females in V6s here in the Tampa area. And when you think about it: would you really want the MAJORITY of the female mustang owners racing? They have a hard enough time with daily driving! :-) (No flames for that comment! I know there are females that can kick my *** up and down the pavement.)
Old 08-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Leighky
1st Gear Member

My husband and I have an 06 GT and a 65 coupe. The 65 is reserved for weekend cruising mostly and the 06 is his daily driver which leaves me with the crappy chevy metro! So I come up with any excuse possible to drive either of the mustangs. BTW the 06 GT is a 5 spd. and when we bought the car I did not know how to drive it but I certainly learned real quick. As far as racing goes I do not usually get provoked by guys with legitamate cars. Usually guys will pull up next to me at red lights and such in there everyday cars/trucks and you can tell they just kinda want to see what the car can do so I will take off pretty good and show them what shes made of. And as for your geographic and age curiousity, I am 19 and drive around DFW area.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:50 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

06stang gt-----soooo funny! "wanted to steal them" ha ha

Leighky----very nice plotting you got going on to drive the stangs.. Me likes. As for your age, did you say you were 19? and married? Good God, when I was 19 i could not focus on anything for more than 30 minutes let alone a wife. Man thats cool you got it like that. When I think of how imature I was at 18 and 19 it blows me away to imagine if I would have gotten married then AND to the girl I was dating...geeesh.. By the way, you are the only one so far that listed the age and area! Niceeeee

superiormirage----Excellent point! Cool boss by the way.

classj---Never thought about that, you make a good point about Ford and the distinction. Nice job. Well thought out.

SonicStanGirl----Yeah, I see what you mean and I would agree you are not the norm. AS I mentioned in the first post you will always get a few that stand out. Congrats on being one of the few. Very glad to see you are a looker as well as a Stang lover. Nothing wrong at all if a female looks a little on the manish side behind the wheel but man oh man is it so smokin to see a hot girl/lady in a hot car! yoawl!

GTlust---lol--- I know what you mean. A buddies wife is like yours. My wife is scared of my car, well scared to get it dirty that is!! ha!

Twister086--- I hear ya. I was born in Frederick and spent my pre teen years there until my dad moved us away. I like that town. Gas and house were so much cheeper and it was laid back. Built up a little now from what I hear. Some famile still live there. Went to East Frederick elm.

siggy14---I got ya. I guess when I think of speeding I think of going faster than the posted limit by a little margin. The chicks I see are NOT going a little faster, they are ROLLLING like a big dawg! lol So it seemed a little different to me than just in a hurry. But again, I got ya.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply without the flamming or personal attacks that sometimes happens on MF. Lots of great points and well thought out answers and opinions. Some I did not even think of or consider. Feel free to continue to chime in but wanted to thank you guys (and girls lol) in advance.

Oh yeah, if I forgot to point anyone out by name, my bad..PS-- Thanks for mentioning this was in the wrong area (who ever that was) When I think about stuff I think of my car so I automatically post in the area for my car. Again, my bad.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:57 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Same where I live, tons of women driving all years of Mustangs... I guess its a geat conversation starter right? But yeah I think Ive only seen like 2 guys driving new model Stangs and only 1 was a GT.... so its not that they cant handle the power.. its just rare

Old 08-08-2006, 05:07 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

bl1nkage--- I say go 4 the girl and say it! BE sure the bf is not around or on his way there!

"see that car there? that guy dissed you and tried to pick me up" lol

Today on local news local man gets stomped by an angry V6 Mustang owner. Road rage, or something else. Live at 5!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

Being a chick myself, I own a Mustang because I think it's one of the best looking cars out there. I have owned 3 Mustangs and it's pretty much the only car I want to own right now. The Mustangs get alot of looks and I have alot of people asking me "How do you like your car", and telling me how great they look. I'm not a racer but given the chance....Who knows....But my next car will also be a Mustang. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:18 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

All I can say is Nicceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Way to go Cindy
Old 08-08-2006, 05:19 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

bl1nkage--- I say go 4 the girl and say it! BE sure the bf is not around or on his way there!

"see that car there? that guy dissed you and tried to pick me up" lol

Today on local news local man gets stomped by an angry V6 Mustang owner. Road rage, or something else. Live at 5!
definately lol.. that would suck.. considering hes like.. my build but 3-4 inches taller

I could always look at it this way.. if I had to drive away really fast.. he couldnt catch me! [8D]

Quick Reply: Girls girls girls