Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Throttle Body Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:54 PM
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle Body Spacers

Excellent info folks, it makes my deicision alot easier. I really appreciate it.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:11 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Good luck...Let us know how it goes.[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 08-18-2006, 08:01 PM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

if anyone is interested...MMR....www.modularmustangracing.com

carries the tb spacer for 59.00
Old 08-19-2006, 02:14 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

The JEt TB Spacer is not like the others. It has a helical cut on the inside to cause the air to spin and it does limit the whistling. I had it installed for over a year and thoroughly loved. It does not increase HP but it does provide more torque, slightly better gas mileage and elimnates the throttle body lag.

The only reason I removed it was because the Ford Plenum cover would not fit with the TB spacer installed. After removing the TB spacers, I missed it immediaely. At first I kept stalling in first. I get used to giving the car more gas in first gear. I've also noticed my gas mileage has gone down slightly; about 1-2 MPG.

A throttle body spacer works on the burneulli pinciple. The berneulli principle states that that as the speed of a moving fluid increases, the pressure within the fluid decreases. Conversely, by increasing the pressure on the liquid (in this case air) the speed of the liquid will increase. The throttle body provides a slightly smaller tunnel for the air to flow through. The reduced diameter of the TB spacer increases the pressure and forces the air to move faster. The volume of the air is not changed, thus no tune is needed.

The following link has a cool animation that allows you to modify the diameter of a pipe and lets you observe the simulated effects of the liquid flowing through it.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mmc1919/venturi.html
Old 04-05-2007, 11:00 PM
KoukiKid

Hey i am getting a JLT and Was woundering if i will have trouble installing a TB with a different intake???
Old 04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
KoukiKid

Email me: Chalklit5152@msn.com
Old 04-18-2008, 12:02 AM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

i haven't gotten anything yet, but MMR looks pretty good to me.. their intake says it adds 35RWHP* with their tune.. the tb spacer is supposed to add 10hp/tq.. is getting a throttle body just for those that have a lot of mods.. i've heard its too much air or something if you don't have many mods.. mines still stock but i want to do a few things.. i've heard many good things about C&L but can't decide between that and the MMR intake.. haven't really seen much talk about it =/
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Why are so many ancient threads being resurrected today?

BTW, TB spacers are paperweights.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:53 AM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

what about gettin a throttle body, not the spacer.. are these a good idea for a stock engine? or what if i put it on along with an intake? and maybe some pulleys
Old 04-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

TBs and TBspacers are the two most worthless mods for a N/A 3V. (The spacer is worthless regardless.) I'd look more toward pulleys, intakes and tunes if I were you. They are good, cost effective mods for N/A.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacers