Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How fast are the SRT8s

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 07:50 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How fast are the SRT8s

ORIGINAL: mikefan20

I think the point these guys are making is, just because a car has the potential to be faster, if it takes a really good driver to be able to drive it, and ours is relitively easy, allowing a ok driver to drive it, than the GT is more likely to win the race. (I went comma crazy there). If you put me in a 900HP car i would probably not be able to run as good of a time as I would in my 300HP car, cuz I don't know how to drive something with that much power. Granted the SRT-8 isn't 900HP, but if your average driver is just going to stomp on the gas in a race (and probably will), he will sit there and spin all the HP he has over you and watch your tailights get smaller.
well spin tires or not, l have seen them ran 12s BONE STOCK and posted 3 videos here.. but l have never seen any GT ran even very low 13s BONE STOCK. as l said.. this conversation will go forever unless someone race with one of them bone stock and post the video here.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikefan20

I think the point these guys are making is, just because a car has the potential to be faster, if it takes a really good driver to be able to drive it, and ours is relitively easy, allowing a ok driver to drive it, than the GT is more likely to win the race. (I went comma crazy there). If you put me in a 900HP car i would probably not be able to run as good of a time as I would in my 300HP car, cuz I don't know how to drive something with that much power. Granted the SRT-8 isn't 900HP, but if your average driver is just going to stomp on the gas in a race (and probably will), he will sit there and spin all the HP he has over you and watch your tailights get smaller.
some people just don't get it do they. . . (doodad)

Old 08-13-2006, 08:49 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

some people just don't get it do they. . . (doodad)

whatever dude!!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

I think this thead can be put to rest. I would love to see some track video of the two racing though. 2 badass cars.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:48 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

l just found this link on the internet and see a 99 svt cobra vs srt-8 and cobra owner has some good mods which would kill new GT and people are still saying that he will lose or maybe drivers race..

check this out..

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...d.php?p=385586

also check this stone stock srt-8 video too

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=...stangworld.com

also here is a race between srt-8 and 99 svt cobra. cobra is modified and srt-8 has intake and exhaust and still hangs with cobra even at high speeds, owns the cobra.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...hlight=mustang

Old 08-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

also here is a race between srt-8 and 99 svt cobra. cobra is modified and srt-8 has intake and exhaust and still hangs with cobra even at high speeds, owns the cobra.

on this link. . . look at the time in his sig. . . and he's not stock . . . you just proved my point with your crappy post. . .

the cobra owned him. . . and the only reason the SRT8 started catching him was when he went to 5th!!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:08 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

on this link. . . look at the time in his sig. . . and he's not stock . . . you just proved my point with your crappy post. . .

the cobra owned him. . . and the only reason the SRT8 started catching him was when he went to 5th!!!!!
dude, l believe you need glasses to read my posts!! who the F*ck said that srt-8 was stock? read again! l said he got intake, and exhaust that is what they showed on the video.

also SMART guy, did you check that 1/4 mile of STONE STOCK sr-8 that ran 13.36?

about cobra, how well a new stang GT would hang with that cobra with just intake and exhaust? now you are prolly gonna tell me it would be drivers race!

also, did you read that mustang forums link that l gave? that MODDED 99 cobra owner was saying if he could get srt-8 and people were telling him drivers race or he would get killed..

now tell me, who doesnt get this ****? you or me? show me some FREAKING PROOFS like l have doing! dont talk crap, just show me some videos, posts..

also, as usual, l gave like 3 links and you just made a comment on O N E link, cuz you got nothing to say for other links!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:10 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Good find though doodad!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

dude, l believe you need glasses to read my posts!! who the F*ck said that srt-8 was stock? read again! l said he got intake, and exhaust that is what they showed on the video.

also SMART guy, did you check that 1/4 mile of STONE STOCK sr-8 that ran 13.36?

about cobra, how well a new stang GT would hang with that cobra with just intake and exhaust? now you are prolly gonna tell me it would be drivers race!

I'm guessing you didn't even see WTF i was talking about . . .

in the guys signature where he posted the video. . . he put his 1/4 times. . . 13.4 AND HE IS NOT F*CKIN STOCK . . . are you just missing what im saying completely . . . THE SRT8 CHARGER THAT POSTED THAT VIDEO HAS HIS QUARTER MILE TIME LISTED IN HIS SIGNATURE AND IT SAYS 13.4, AND HE IS ALSO NOT STOCK SO HE WOULD RUN SLOWER THAN THAT STOCK . . .

the 99 cobra was about the same as us stock in the quarter because of the IRS(crappy takeoffs), he had exaust, intake, and a gear . . . he blew that 425hp POS outta the water every race . . .even from a roll, expected since he has some decent mods . . . not sure what that proves on your arguement whatsoever

and the 300C . . . **applause** . . . you found someone that could drive at the track . . . im proud of ya, even though you are missing the point once again . . .
Old 08-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

about 3 months ago I bet Black06GT could kill me if I have a srt8 charger.

Quick Reply: How fast are the SRT8s