Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How fast are the SRT8s

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How fast are the SRT8s

What about the cobra an SRT8 video? What cobra's run in the 1/4mile? The SRT8's are not easy cars to beat IMO. And I know because my dad owns one.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRGT

What about the cobra an SRT8 video? What cobra's run in the 1/4mile? The SRT8's are not easy cars to beat IMO. And I know because my dad owns one.
well, an inexperienced driver finds it hard to hit 12's in even a 03-04 cobra(i've seen this at the track), a friend of mine's best at the track(first time there) was a 13.3,

that IRS gives even experienced drivers fits i hear, im yet to see a bone stock one go 12's, but i have only seen a couple, i know the best for a stock one is 12.7, most good drivers hit 12.9's in them
Old 08-14-2006, 06:11 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

ORIGINAL: doodad

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

SRT-8's are a different srory... sorry I didn't read the rest until after I made the other post lol
you should definetely read this thread and see someone says that srt-8 and new stang GTs are D R I V E R S R A C E ! ! !
like i said, you still don't get my point . . .

here, let me break it down to ya . . .

what times do you think a stock SRT8 with a normal Joe off the street will run at the track? ? ?
flat 13 or 13.1.- 13.2 - 13.3 (normal weather)
Old 08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

SRT-8's are a different srory... sorry I didn't read the rest until after I made the other post lol
you should definetely read this thread and see someone says that srt-8 and new stang GTs are D R I V E R S R A C E ! ! !
like i said, you still don't get my point . . .

here, let me break it down to ya . . .

what times do you think a stock SRT8 with a normal Joe off the street will run at the track? ? ?
flat 13 or 13.1.- 13.2 - 13.3 (normal weather)
low 13's eh? well hell, i think ol' Joe off the street can run

13.2(http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...slip-5286.html)

13.3(http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...slip-5129.html)

13.4(https://mustangforums.com/showProfile.asp?memid=44457) -fellow member here-

in a new stang. . . sounds like a drivers race to me

pleeezzz,

That is damn near best those cars can do and you think some normal Joe Bob is gonna run them times . . .

what are you smokin'? It would take a damn good driver, someone that knows about drag racing(few and far between) that could run them damn near their potential . . . automatic or not . . .
Old 08-15-2006, 01:10 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

a damn good driver with stang GT vs a regular driver with srt-8 = drivers race..

a damn good driver with mustang GT vs a damn good driver with srt-8 = srt- will definetely take stang GT.

when u said joe to me l understood a regular driver. ( l dont even know who joe is)

a damn good driver with srt-8 runs 12.8 best!

as a result:

-new stang GTs runs avarage hig - mid 13s
with a very very good driver low 13s

-srt-8 with a avarage driver, runs low 13s
with a damn good driver high 12s

= srt-8 is faster than new stang GT... period!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:39 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

No one gives a **** anymore!!!!! Take it up with each other im pm! Damn.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:57 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myredgt

No one gives a **** anymore!!!!! Take it up with each other im pm! Damn.
you just shut the hell up and dont read this thread then..
Old 08-15-2006, 02:13 AM
B
2nd Gear Member

haha... chill out

ok so

am i wrong to think that the cobra that went up agaisnt the srt-8
wasnt S/C?"?

i mean i didnt hear the whine?

whats a 99 not S/C produce at the wheelS?

cuz i kno a 03 non-S/C has like 320

i dunno about a 99
Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

You're funny Doodad. First you beat a dead horse for multiple pages in more than one thread, then you threaten me over the internet. I like you. Once again I will say from personal experience, yes, the SRT8 is a very small tad faster than a new GT. Definitely not murder like you say.

Why don't you buy one, then go to their forum and stir up things with the GT vs SRT8 argument? Then instead of saying how many tenths of a second faster the SRT8 is, you could tell them how if you saved 20 grand, then sank it into your Mustang, you would rip three new ******** in any SRT8 for the same price.

I wish I was a mod. I would make the two final posts in an argument, the point and counter-point, the only ones people would see. No more multiple pages of GT, SRT8, me, you, 13.2, 13.4, faster, ME, I, blah, I need a wahmbulance, call 9-1-wah. Just some good ole fashioned beatings. There needs to be a special button a mod or admin could push to give out beatings. I would probably get several myself. Oh I could write a novel on the inner workings of a forum and the intellects, or lack there of, who reside within.

Regardless, Mr. Doodad, you have a pleasant evening. I'll do you one better actually. Since earlier in this thread, you dismissed my posts and told me how I didn't know what I was talking about and SRT8's don't have a badge on the trunk, in which my reply was a huge picture of one with a badge on its trunk, if and when I win the lottery, I will buy you 7, yes 7, SRT8 Chargers. A different color for every day of the week and I will have them custom made with NO SRT8 badge anywhere. I will also have a special device created where if any year or model Mustang GT got within 5 miles, it would automatically drop 150 horespower from the engine, meaning that your SRT8's would always "murder" the comptetion.

Now maybe we can act like more coherent mature adults and put the bickering aside. Yes, within 5 years I will have my beating button created, then we will see...

- C
Old 08-15-2006, 05:58 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: myredgt

You're funny Doodad. First you beat a dead horse for multiple pages in more than one thread, then you threaten me over the internet. I like you. Once again I will say from personal experience, yes, the SRT8 is a very small tad faster than a new GT. Definitely not murder like you say.

Why don't you buy one, then go to their forum and stir up things with the GT vs SRT8 argument? Then instead of saying how many tenths of a second faster the SRT8 is, you could tell them how if you saved 20 grand, then sank it into your Mustang, you would rip three new ******** in any SRT8 for the same price.

I wish I was a mod. I would make the two final posts in an argument, the point and counter-point, the only ones people would see. No more multiple pages of GT, SRT8, me, you, 13.2, 13.4, faster, ME, I, blah, I need a wahmbulance, call 9-1-wah. Just some good ole fashioned beatings. There needs to be a special button a mod or admin could push to give out beatings. I would probably get several myself. Oh I could write a novel on the inner workings of a forum and the intellects, or lack there of, who reside within.

Regardless, Mr. Doodad, you have a pleasant evening. I'll do you one better actually. Since earlier in this thread, you dismissed my posts and told me how I didn't know what I was talking about and SRT8's don't have a badge on the trunk, in which my reply was a huge picture of one with a badge on its trunk, if and when I win the lottery, I will buy you 7, yes 7, SRT8 Chargers. A different color for every day of the week and I will have them custom made with NO SRT8 badge anywhere. I will also have a special device created where if any year or model Mustang GT got within 5 miles, it would automatically drop 150 horespower from the engine, meaning that your SRT8's would always "murder" the comptetion.

Now maybe we can act like more coherent mature adults and put the bickering aside. Yes, within 5 years I will have my beating button created, then we will see...

- C
first: how can you say that l threaten you over the internet??? guys check my post out an show me how l threaten this guy

second: about srt-8 badge, l said what people said to me and l didnt say they definetely do not have.. and after your post l replied and said that l was wrong about it.. but looks like you didnt read that.. anyway.. the point is not they are 20 grand more or l can put that money on the stang and make monster.. the point is they are faster but on this thread it is drivers race.. and when rate the cars DRIVERS RACE that means those 2 cars are running the same or very close times.. with pro drivers, stang can run low 13s and srt-8 can run.

also what is this thing, << then why did you buy stang?? or go and buy srt-8, blah blah?? >> l own a new stang Gt and just cuz l own this thing should l say yeah we are faster than anything? THE TRUTH IS TRUTH. l dont care what car l have, if any one is faster than me and if someone says no they are not, l will not shut up.. even if srt-8s would be the same price as new stang GT l would still go with new stang cuz l love these cars.

l am saying again to people who says that srt-8 and new stang GT s are drivers race, show me the proof, convince me and l will respect you.. l am not like you.. l will accept the TURTH! but as l said, the truth is what l am saying.. they are not drivers race. ok they will not murder us but they will def. beat us!

Quick Reply: How fast are the SRT8s