Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How fast are the SRT8s

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:59 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How fast are the SRT8s

ORIGINAL: B

haha... chill out

ok so

am i wrong to think that the cobra that went up agaisnt the srt-8
wasnt S/C?"?

i mean i didnt hear the whine?

whats a 99 not S/C produce at the wheelS?

cuz i kno a 03 non-S/C has like 320

i dunno about a 99
if you are talking about 03 cobra, they were all supercharged and rated 390hp. there was no 03 cobra without S/C on my knowledge!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:55 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

hehehe, I have recieved the reaction I wanted, you are in your own Doodadville. Thank you Doodad, and have a good day.

- C
Old 08-15-2006, 12:18 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

What this website could really use is an ignore/mute feature. Seriously, pompoous, knowitall, abrasive, point belaboring trolls are just best left under the rug to fester and die on their own. It's a website feature for forums that's long over due.

Nuff said.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:19 PM
dbvettez06
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01RobGT

I raced one the other day and I pulled pretty decently. All i have for mods is intake/tune, 4.10s and an axle back. We went twice and i pulled on him both times. once from like 60 and the other at 40. I was very surprised in the outcome considering they have 425 crank hp out of the box. He did have one more passenger then me that i could see and it was hot so he may have had the ac on but still he should have turned that off. What are those things running at the track? For $46k or w/e they go for that is not a car id be buying after that poor performance. Thats alot of money you could be putting into a GT.

i SMELL BS..... I raced one in the 1/4 He ran 12.92 @ 106 as i recall........I did manage to get by him barely, 11.17@136.21 though
Old 08-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

a damn good driver with stang GT vs a regular driver with srt-8 = drivers race..

a damn good driver with mustang GT vs a damn good driver with srt-8 = srt- will definetely take stang GT.

when u said joe to me l understood a regular driver. ( l dont even know who joe is)

a damn good driver with srt-8 runs 12.8 best!

as a result:

-new stang GTs runs avarage hig - mid 13s
with a very very good driver low 13s

-srt-8 with a avarage driver, runs low 13s
with a damn good driver high 12s

= srt-8 is faster than new stang GT... period!

Here is what I am saying doodad . . . and you should not be able to argue with this since you do not have/driven an SRT8 . . . you ready? . . .

It is by far easier to drive a new stang to its potential than it is an SRT8 . . . that means that average Joe can get closer to the mid 13's that a stang can run than a low 13 that a SRT8 can run.

SRT8's are all auto's, yet some ppl manage to run 14 sec in them. . . you know why? . . . traction and takeoff

therefore making it a drivers race . . . (from a stop)

You cannot argue with that . . .
Old 08-15-2006, 12:58 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Status: online What this website could really use is an ignore/mute feature. Seriously, pompoous, knowitall, abrasive, point belaboring trolls are just best left under the rug to fester and die on their own. It's a website feature for forums that's long over due.

Nuff said.

Yes, I agree. You have not been in this discussion and you come in to say how awesome you are and how others should be condemed. I obtained my original goal with my last couple of posts. What was that you ask? Well, I shall drop it down a notch and explain real fast.

This is in no way bad, read and it will be good for all. Doodad knows that SRT8's are a little faster, but he claimed they murdered Mustang GT's, the new ones anyways. Me and BlackGt had a different view. i explained my story of my personal driving experience against one at full throttle, in two threads actually. At the time Doodad said I was wrong and that SRT8's did not have a badge. I posted a picture which showed they do. that was taken care of. Him and Black GT continued their battle.

Everything being said and done, me, Doodad, and BlackGT were all trying to say the same thing, just not in the same words. Just go back and take a look in this thread, read it all. With mine and Doodads and even Black GT's last posts, we all seem to see eye to eye now. We all may not agree EXACTLY, but I think our understanding is mutual.

As far as trolls, like I said, I was in the middle of the fire, and my posts got us to kind of see things together. I have no bad feelings at all against Doodad, I actually like the fact he will speak his mind no matter whether he is right or wrong, then we can disuss. Isn't that the point of a froum anyways?

A troll however, is someone that just appears out of nowhere and posts:

lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

Status: online What this website could really use is an ignore/mute feature. Seriously, pompoous, knowitall, abrasive, point belaboring trolls are just best left under the rug to fester and die on their own. It's a website feature for forums that's long over due.

Nuff said.

For you have not been in the discussion and have no reason to bash anyone.

I am happy to have talked to Doodad and BlackGT and wish to do so more often as I am new to my Mustang as I bought it at the beginning of June brand new. I have alot to learn and I'm sure they can help me. I just refuse to get help from self righteous, holier than thou, I'm better than you biggots as yourslef lukoi66.

Now I do hope that you jumped the gun and now with reading this thread realise who is the real troll. With all that being said, I hope we can get along and not have any problems likoi66, yes?

Thank you all and have a good day. I am going to work now, goodbye.

- C
Old 08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

actually Red, I did read all of it. Check your PM's for further explaination bc I'm thinking you missed the point of my post and more importantly who it refers to.

there's a way to express an opinion during an argument and a way not to. Yes people can choose to ignore a thread in order to avoid someone, per Doodad's advice but this is a community site where people shouldn't be bullied out by constant grandstanding and argumentative behavior. So, sorry if you feel I was trollish. I don't think it was nearly so trollish a comment as some on this thread and it's a valid point. An ignore feature is a great feature to have on a forum site

As for having a reason to bash someone....the above while harsh wasn't a bash. It was a simple statement of opinion.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. [&:]

I think we are all on the same page now though.

Let the discussion continue! [8D]

- C
Old 08-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

i know me and doodad are thoroughly enjoying ourselves . . . he will see my point eventually, it just may take a couple hundred more posts of me saying the same thing in a different way . . . ha ha
Old 08-15-2006, 11:04 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

i know me and doodad are thoroughly enjoying ourselves . . . he will see my point eventually, it just may take a couple hundred more posts of me saying the same thing in a different way . . . ha ha

even if those cars would run 11s, l would still get the new GT. l love this ride and l dont care who is faster or slower.. l am out of this thread.. respect ya'll..

Quick Reply: How fast are the SRT8s