Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

no2 question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:28 PM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: no2 question

What's the difference between turning on Nitrous and turning up boost? The beauty of Nitrous in my opinion is that you are not constantly forcing oxygen into the engine. When you want to, flip the switch. When you don't want to, run your engine N/A. If you pull up next to me and try me, I'm flippin the switch.

100 shot should be fine as is, if it's wet. I wouldn't do a dry 100 shot.

Here is the beauty of Nitrous: I'm in my S2k (23K dollars) and a mid 90's cobra pulls up next to me and revs his engine, I look at him and he gives me a dirty loook. I remote open my bottle ( 150 dollars), hit the activation switch(40 dollars). Light changes and we go for it. I'm spraying(total investment 900 dollars) and I proceed to put ~7 car lengths on him. My wife asking me "Is that Cobra really that slow" (Priceless).
Old 08-09-2006, 10:56 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Ohhh man, I wish I could have been there to see that and hear it! Niceeeeeee
Old 08-10-2006, 12:18 AM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

I said it felt on edge because the car did backfire once out of the 10 passes I made that night. It went through the mufflers and out the tailpipes and made some really cool, yet possibly damaging fireballs. That is the reasoning with me not reccomending doing it the way I did. I would highly reccomend a respected tuner's advice and a dyno tune for it to optimize the performance.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:48 AM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Remrats1234

wow u sound a lot like a ricer, it is hp that your car doesnt have, its like an athlete taking steroids, i just think it is a really ***** way to win a race, if u wanna be a ***** thats fine with me u sound like uv got that down
It's no more hp your car doesn't have than a supercharger is hp your car doesn't have. I bet you would puss right up in person.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:58 AM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed is going to do the nitrous Zex instsall for me and also a dyno tune, I don't want to take any chances, it's about a four hour drive for me, it's worth having someone do it that knows what they are doing.
As for the people who thinks its cheating or ricer style I don't understand the logic, its just another way to add power. I wish I had 6 grand for a supercharger but I don't. I have never had a car that ran in the 12's I think it would be cool to kick some zo6's as$. even though I have nitrous I can't wait to see the look on the face of a vette owner when he gets beat by a Mustang. To me there's no real difference then any other Mod. turbo, s/c ,just alot cheaper. If the tune or install is not done right you'll blow up with the turbo or the When I'm at the track and see a car run you know right away who is stock or who is running a s/c or nitrous ect.
I'm not going to hide it if anyone ask why I ran the way I did I'll tell them. If they want there car to run like hell add it or something else. The last time I raced there were four other 05 GT'S there , all stock, I beat everyone of them quite easy with my listed mod's minus my gear. They all came over thoughout the day and asked what I had done, I told them and said I learned about the Mod's on the Mustang forums. I didn't leave the hood closed and act like I was the best driver or just had a faster stock car.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:02 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

i will probobly do the same thing when i decide to go nitrous,

i think he's only about 4 hours from me too. . .

Old 08-10-2006, 03:18 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I would spray, but I don't want to run the risk of blowing my engine to pieces.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:08 AM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

N20 is cheating hehe. A JATO strapped to your car is cheating. Ever seen outlaw class drag racing? Blowers + Nitrous = wow
Old 08-10-2006, 03:10 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

RodeoFlyer --GTlust---ScreamingYellow Glad to see you guys are on the same page. [sm=exactly.gif]

Hey cfr865- When are you going to Brenspeed?? I am scheduled to go there as well. I like the way you handled that at the track. Very cool indeed. This is what I ment by those who spray annouce it if asked..

06VistaBlue-- Thanks dude.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
smoke14me
2nd Gear Member

Well all I can say is that you will love the feal of the Juice. I had it installed on my Hemi ram and wow is all I can say. I had a 5400 pound truck running a 14.2 with a 150 shot. It might sound slow but I was running a 2.2 to 2.4 60ft, no traction. When you hear the hiss and your head slams the head rest you know that you are having fun. You will have a grin that doesnt want to leave your face. As for me though I am not installing it on my new stang. I am going with FI just because of cost. The nitrous is nice if you only spray at the track but I was an addict on my truck. I gave the kit to a friend of mine, for his GT. It isnt too much cheaper once you really start using it. My whole kit was well over 1500 dollars and I used 2 to 3 bottles a week. So if you become hooked like me you will be spending alot of money.

Quick Reply: no2 question