Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT owners ages???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
JayholeUSMC

Default GT owners ages???

Okay... don't be stupid... and if your gonna be stupid... kill yourself
I'm 23 and I am making payments on my 2006 Muatng GT. Thjis is my second mustang owned. I Used to own a 1993 Mustang LX 5.0 both of these cars I payed for / am making payments on... Mommy and Daddy dont help with anything. Iactually live in San Diego and my family lives in Mass... Im a veteran with two tours in Operation Iraqi Freedom, I was honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps as a Corporal of Marines and while I was in the Marines I managed over a half a million dollars of Weaponry... yet someone in this forum thinks that under 25 is too young to own a 40,000 pony car????

get real... get a clue. dont be ignorant. Im an assisstant manager at a sporting goods store and Im tryin to become a cop... more then I can say for most 30 year olds I know... heck even some 40 year olds...

oh yeahand my insurance premium is under 900 a month... with a 2003 Silverado fully loaded with a 5.3L Vortech under the hood on my policy. My credit is good enough to buy a house.

so am I still to young to own a GT?
Old 08-13-2006, 09:19 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT owners ages???

I don't think it's the owners age that matters, but younger owners usually haven't done what you have done and have mommy and daddy buy there car for them. I just don't think they can have the same appreciation for what they have because they don't work for it. The same thing goes for our freedom, most just don't work for it.

25yrs old C130-J pilot, and paying for my ride.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:50 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Mike,

where are you driving 130's at?? My brother is at Little Rock.

42 years old. Ex C-141-B pilot, current B-737 pilot and the ride is paid for thank god.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:57 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JayholeUSMC
so am I still to young to own a GT?
If anyone said that - ignore them they are FOS...

I'll keep the cliche going on the "many thanks for your service" thread because I really do appreciate it and would like to thank every last person who has served, is serving and will serve. We don't get to hop on the net and talk trash without your help.[sm=hail.gif]

It does not matter how people come to own a GT - period. That is is not what determines your character. If Mommy and Daddy chose to give things without earning them, that is their perogative - and consider the "earning" might be accomplished in other ways!!! We all have to hope that they also chose to give them a solid system of ethics along with it, but that is not our job...

I have owned a GT my entire adult life. "Daddy" bought it (used),"Daddy" taught me how to drive it (well), "Daddy" taught me how to fix it (and enjoy doing so) and "Daddy" and "Mommy" taught me a how to be successful on my own and raise a happy family...
Old 08-13-2006, 09:59 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Old 08-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

21 years old. Everything from the down payment, to the monthly payments was paid for by me. Insurance is under another family member's name or else it would be 3,000 a month for my age, state I live in, and the kind of vehicle I own. So the insurance is also paid for by me, but at a lower premium.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Somehow posted twice.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:10 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

Old 08-13-2006, 10:18 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

who said anyone under 25 is too young to own a mustang GT? I sure hope you aren't talking about my post because nowhere did I say that under 25 was too young to own anything!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:24 PM
peteypete

OK boot, your making the entire Marine Corps look bad with your pointless ranting. Do you really feel the need to defend your ego on a mustang forum. Nobody cares how responsible you are, or how many beans you counted, blah, blah, blah. Get over it, nobody cares, your an assistant manager at a sporting good store not CEO of microsoft, but regardless, your paying for your own car so thats all that should matter.

Quick Reply: GT owners ages???