Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So Cal. Speedshop

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:59 PM
linernotejunky
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: So Cal. Speedshop

go to galpin auto sports. they're all mustang enthusiasts, and the parking lot shows it. they're in north hills/san fernando. most of the guys also do work for 'pimp my ride.' though, none of their mustangs look that flashy.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hottymustang

Theres Xtreme Mustang (also known as GRC Performance) in Aliso Viego I know they are really good. Their Website
I have heard mixed reviews....
Old 08-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ExtremeSaleen

STAY AWAY FROM GRC! Seriously. They've lost motors on the dyno at that shop. GRC Performance and Xtreme Mustang Performance are to different places. GRC is in Mission Viejo. XMP is in Aliso Viejo. Go to XMP. XMP Eric at XMP is also a former Saleen employee and knows what he's doing. I had work done at GRC and I won't be going back. Many people in my Saleen club have had or heard similar things.
I have heard nasty storys about Eric taking payments and then dragging his feet to do the work...
Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

Seems like their are some Ford type places to avoid alright, Just like My dad said, Of course He was talking about dealers, Most of which I don't remember and would be seriously out of date.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:12 PM
ExtremeSaleen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twister

STAY AWAY FROM GRC! Seriously. They've lost motors on the dyno at that shop. GRC Performance and Xtreme Mustang Performance are to different places. GRC is in Mission Viejo. XMP is in Aliso Viejo. Go to XMP. XMP Eric at XMP is also a former Saleen employee and knows what he's doing. I had work done at GRC and I won't be going back. Many people in my Saleen club have had or heard similar things.
I have heard nasty storys about Eric taking payments and then dragging his feet to do the work...
I haven't heard that, but I do know they could do a little better at customer service. Most people I know that go to them say they do great work. I've gotten my alignment done there and had to wait almost an hour past my appointment before they looked at it.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twister

I haven't heard that, but I do know they could do a little better at customer service. Most people I know that go to them say they do great work. I've gotten my alignment done there and had to wait almost an hour past my appointment before they looked at it.
there was a huge thread on All Ford Mustangs about him not doing the work after payment
Old 08-18-2006, 01:37 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Stay away from Galpin - they are a ripoff. In fact, Earl's actually preps quite a few cars for Galpin. He also warranties aftermarket parts. R&E built a 600hp 05' GT. Rule of thumb - the more on the website the less service you get. Stick to hometown guys. The bigger guys want to sell you what the manufacturers want to sell more than what necessarily works.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:09 AM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

Stay away from Galpin - they are a ripoff. In fact, Earl's actually preps quite a few cars for Galpin. He also warranties aftermarket parts. R&E built a 600hp 05' GT. Rule of thumb - the more on the website the less service you get. Stick to hometown guys. The bigger guys want to sell you what the manufacturers want to sell more than what necessarily works.
Their still around, It may have been one of the Ford dealers My dad didn't like too much. When I get My Mustang GT(the 2nd one, 1st one is long gone), It'll be from Soutar's Ford of Barstow. If they don't have the GT I would like and I know they don't the the salesman will trade with the other dealer to get the car and drive over there and pick It up, Otherwise I'd just order an '07 from them, It's that Or I'd have to arrange to have My Nephew drive Me to where the Mustang GT is at and then I'd have to drive It back after buying It there and I'd rather avoid the long drive and calling My nephew, At least for that at any rate.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:02 PM
linernotejunky
2nd Gear Member

galpin however will warranty all of their work as they are tied to the dealership. buy the car from them, get the work done from them, take it back without having to reflash anything.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:15 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

If you check around all the forums you'll find ST Motorsports in San Bernardino is the best tuners/builders in California and 1 of the best in the country for S197's. They have more blown S197's on the raod than any other shop in california. (over 50).

Guys from the bay area to san diego make the drive and some of them get hotels cause ST is that damn good. It all depends what you want to do. For general installs and basic tuning, it doesn't really matter where you go IMHO. I would only recommend a shop like ST if you are dropping some serious cash in your ride. When you start dropping serious cash, you'll want to spend the extra time to go to a shop that will protect your investment.

Once you figure out what mods you want to do, then start searching for shops that have installed THOSE mods and got the biggest gains out of them and get feedback from others who already have the mods to make sure they were satisfied with the results.

Quick Reply: So Cal. Speedshop