Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So Cal. Speedshop

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 01:33 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

Default RE: So Cal. Speedshop

I know of a place that is across the street from Accufab(Walking distance from Accufab), I can't remember their name as It's been a few years, But they did a very good job on My 1st Mustang GT, Accufab is at: 1516 East Francis St. in Ontario, California(not to far from the I10 fwy) and the Telephone is: 1-909-930-1751 They can give directions and would know the name of the speed shop across from them. If they are still in business that is.

Edit: The place I was writing about was Advanced Engineering West, But I called Accufab and It turns out Advanced is not in business anymore. I found their old website or what appeared to be It and so now I'll need to look around for a replacement place that can install aftermarket parts.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:05 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ExtremeSaleen

STAY AWAY FROM GRC! Seriously. They've lost motors on the dyno at that shop. GRC Performance and Xtreme Mustang Performance are to different places. GRC is in Mission Viejo. XMP is in Aliso Viejo. Go to XMP. XMP Eric at XMP is also a former Saleen employee and knows what he's doing. I had work done at GRC and I won't be going back. Many people in my Saleen club have had or heard similar things.
Didn't know that, just knew of them through a friend. Thanks for the tip though!

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

If you check around all the forums you'll find ST Motorsports in San Bernardino is the best tuners/builders in California and 1 of the best in the country for S197's. They have more blown S197's on the raod than any other shop in california. (over 50).
And I think that BlownGT (aka Chevykiller) would sgree with you on that one.....
Old 08-18-2006, 10:09 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

If you check around all the forums you'll find ST Motorsports in San Bernardino is the best tuners/builders in California and 1 of the best in the country for S197's. They have more blown S197's on the raod than any other shop in california. (over 50).

Guys from the bay area to san diego make the drive and some of them get hotels cause ST is that damn good. It all depends what you want to do. For general installs and basic tuning, it doesn't really matter where you go IMHO. I would only recommend a shop like ST if you are dropping some serious cash in your ride. When you start dropping serious cash, you'll want to spend the extra time to go to a shop that will protect your investment.

Once you figure out what mods you want to do, then start searching for shops that have installed THOSE mods and got the biggest gains out of them and get feedback from others who already have the mods to make sure they were satisfied with the results.

Thanks for the info. But now things have changed yet again on Me as what amount of money from an inheritance I was told about has dropped drastically and so I will be lucky to get any type of used Mustang for less than $10,000.

Although If I were to find a newer near 2005 or 2005 V6, I'd probably take It as long as It's in Southern California somewhere nearby to Me.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:20 AM
DaBoss
2nd Gear Member

+1 on XMP
Eric does all the work on my car and I have had no issues with anything that they have done. You do need to make sure they have time to work on your ride because their shop is pretty small right now. In fact they are moving to a bigger shop this month. I believe it will be in Mission Viejo or Lake Forest.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:46 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

I found Earl's info.

EARL'S AUTOMOTIVE
232 N. Maclay
San Fernando, CA 91340
Phone: (818) 838-7154
Fax: (818) 898-0835
www.earlsautomotive.com

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

R&E Racing - Lancaster - parts and service

Hawaii Racing - Simi Valley - parts

Earl's Automotive - San Fernando - service

I recommend buying parts from R&E and having Earl install them.