Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda Magnuson Supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:38 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Magnuson Supercharger!

I am starting to have second thoughts about getting the Saleen Blower now!! That steeda blower looks better and looks to be a better design.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:51 PM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

jdback,

I looked at the Saleen blower as an alternative, I can get them at dealer cost but passed on it and the FRPP for this one as it is a very nice design and a very clean install...

ORIGINAL: jdback19

I am starting to have second thoughts about getting the Saleen Blower now!! That steeda blower looks better and looks to be a better design.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:00 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Just looking at how fast you installed you either have alot of expierience or the install itself is easy. I have all the necessary tools and knowledge so i could definatley do the install over a weekend right?
Old 08-25-2006, 12:46 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

I have alot of experience but it is not a difficult install, just take your time and take care of the details and you should be fine... You could do it over a weekend easy, I did it over a day and two evenings, broke it into stages just to be fresh, I don't like working on the car when I am tired, not enjoyable and the reason I do it myself is to have fun and make sure it is done right...

I spent alot of time double checking things and making things look nice. I also made sure to run wires and hoses in the best places, to make things look stock and reduce and potential interference...

The instructions are pretty good so you should be ok there...

I am very pleased with this kit, I spent alot of time researching before making the choice...

Just looking at how fast you installed you either have alot of expierience or the install itself is easy. I have all the necessary tools and knowledge so i could definatley do the install over a weekend right?
also
Old 08-25-2006, 12:56 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

Picked up my high flow Magnaflow cats with X-Pipe today from Steeda, install tomorrow and dyno next Wednesday... Will post results...
Old 08-25-2006, 12:04 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

very nice, man. i keep toying with driving down to ft. lauderdale, dropping my car off for a week an letting them install a blower and some suspension stuff while i am working during the week in miami.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

jdback,

I looked at the Saleen blower as an alternative, I can get them at dealer cost but passed on it and the FRPP for this one as it is a very nice design and a very clean install...

quote:

jdback19, the looks of a blower are totally subjective, but it's performance is not. Not to knock cortc's purchase, but for about the same amount of $,with the Saleen unit you are getting a twin screw blower and not a roots blower. The power curve on these units is totally different. The Saleen unit is considerably more efficient. And installation is easy on both. Again, not to knock Cortc's purchase, but, IMO, if both units are priced similarly (which they are), then I just can't understand why any1 would opt for a roots unit over a screw. That roots blower casing will get much hotter faster than the Saleen's, and will hurt it's efficiency. The bottom line here is that brand makes no difference. A screw > than a roots blower, all the time, every time.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Personally I think the Saleen is a nicer looking blower but all that doesn't matter as I don't have one and probably won't for a few years. Anyways it's good to see and hear some info on these blowers as I have stopped and oogled a bit as I was surfing various sites and was curious how well they'd work. Looking forward to more info!
Old 08-25-2006, 05:14 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I still want to see what ford is going to end up with as a final product.

I should be able to get one at jobbers pricing which will help. Also, they claim no moving the alternator as well.

The saleen is still the nicest looking IMO. But the install is just a bit strange at times when looking at the manual, and I dont think I want to put in lowering mounts on the motor as I know some guys have clearance problems.

The steeda looks very nice, the jackshaft design is a bit weird, but overall it looks clean. Good job. Enjoy it.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:37 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

You are wrong on this one my friend, first the Magnuson is a modified hybrid that is just as efficient as the Whipple or Saleen, it has an internal bypass that takes less than 1hp to run when not on boost and has the air intake in the front with a shorter path with less heat soak than either the Whipple or the Saleen... We ran her on mutiple passes to see if the power was going to drop off and she stayed very consistent...

This blower with 8 psi and a more aggressive tune would run as strong as any other blower and can go much higher than 8 to support 750+ HP...

The torque and HP curves on this blower are second to none and I have driven the others...

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

jdback,

quote:

jdback19, the looks of a blower are totally subjective, but it's performance is not. Not to knock cortc's purchase, but for about the same amount of $,with the Saleen unit you are getting a twin screw blower and not a roots blower. The power curve on these units is totally different. The Saleen unit is considerably more efficient. And installation is easy on both. Again, not to knock Cortc's purchase, but, IMO, if both units are priced similarly (which they are), then I just can't understand why any1 would opt for a roots unit over a screw. That roots blower casing will get much hotter faster than the Saleen's, and will hurt it's efficiency. The bottom line here is that brand makes no difference. A screw > than a roots blower, all the time, every time.

Quick Reply: Steeda Magnuson Supercharger!