Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen Supercharger and Intake Question

Old 08-21-2006, 09:15 PM
06triplevalve
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen Supercharger and Intake Question

YIPPIE, YIPPIE, YIPPIE!

I just dropped my 06 off at the Ford dealership to have a Saleen supercharger and complete Saleen suspension kit put on my 06. I think there is a very real chance I may actually DIE from the suspense of waiting until Friday to pick it up.

On to my question. I hope it hasn't been addressed here in the past as I looked to no avail, and I apologize if I am rehashing an old subject but this is a matter of life or death (ok, it's just a matter of the car, but doesn't it seem that way sometimes?).

They are installing the supercharger with the Saleen tune, but what happens when I want the CNL intake? How do I go about tuning the car then? I don't think I get a handheld tuner from the dealer with this package, and even if I did, what do I order from CNL? How does one go about tuning a car that is already going to have a very good, reliable tune such as Saleen's already installed? The dealership is keeping my factory warranty with this tune, and the parts guy said I don't have to re-tune it with the addition of the CNL intake, just get the filter and sensor. Does this sound right to you folks? It didn't sound right to me.

Oh, and I am needing one more thing, and I don't know where to find it...a time machine to send me to Friday. Can anyone help?

Also, does anyone have any experience with Saleen's supercharger or suspension? Anything you can tell me to make me even MORE excited than I am now?

Thanks in advance for all your time and patience,

Roy Ludt
Old 08-21-2006, 10:43 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Saleen Supercharger and Intake Question

If you change your air delivery system, you will require a retune to compensate, period. You will have to purchase a hand held tuner and visit a trusted dyno shop ( hint, find the shop first, find out what they tune with, i.e. Diablo, SCT, etc., and then buy the tuner type that they specialize in ).

The Saleen provided tune has a reputation of being lean. For someone at the dealership to tell you that you can change the air delivery system to one that will provide more flow on a tune that is quite possibly aready lean is scarey. Run....

If you add the C&L intake, you will need to get the racer version, not the street version. First off, the racer version is designed with forced induction in mind. It is larger, and will perform more efficiently. Also, you will need to take in to consideration the possibility of needing to change motor mounts because of clearance issues. This is not an absolute, but a good possibility. There are several intake possibilities out there for you, the C&L being just one of them. JDM Engineering has a very good reputation with Saleen tuning, and also offers a wide variety of parts for your new supercharger. Might check on their web site for parts. They have a CAI setup that will work well with the Saleen that includes a new MAF/MAS.