Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tuner W/ CAI & Maybe a new exaust

Old 08-30-2006, 01:04 AM
TheNewMustangOwner

Default Tuner W/ CAI & Maybe a new exaust

Hey guys, Howz It?
OK, so i been looking around for different Tuner and CAI packages and just wanna hear some reveiws and pros and cons of some of the brands you all are useing? Also is their much performance to be gained from changing the exaust on a stock GT and if so what kind of of exaust is good for performance but i dont want it to be too loud. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:25 AM
BeachStang04
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tuner W/ CAI & Maybe a new exaust

Diablo preadtor tuner
Mac Straight shot air system
and borla for exhaust (since money really isnt a problem) except borla maybe real loud.

But lets worry about getting the car first, saturdays comin.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:22 PM
CTE
1st Gear Member

I went with a C&L CAI and an SCTII tune from Brennspeed. I also have Borla exhausts, axle back and love the whole set up.

The car goes extremely well and sounds great. I also put in a Hurst short shifter, major improvement! All in all it is a nice combination, great performance and sound.

BreenSpeed is a great group to work with.

Good luck and enjoy.

CTE, aka Scubadog before being banned for doing a good deed...

[IMG]local://upfiles/43280/69D8E6B0A7EF40A6B97A92D48EC9BB66.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

brenspeed and evolution performance are the two you'll get the most input for. apples and oranges my friend. bamachips has a cult following, not as large, but same numbers. C&L intake, JLT Intake, two most popular. steeda is following closely, numbers are only SLIGHTLY lower. and the WMS intake that is center fed id actually a great design, but you have to extend your wires in order to install it. there was an article in the last mmf magazine i recieved, and they posted some great intake temps with it. im really impressed with the design, thinkin there could be some serious power found on a dyno. as far as tuners, again, with the C&L / JLT guys, Diablo Predator and SCT XcalII. they offer the most tunability and are reasonably priced. you're better off for the cash to buy package deal, as you'll get the tuners "custom" dyno tune. its car specific, just not YOUR car specific. can find an extra 3 ponies on the dyno, but its not worht the money to do it. they offer great tunes as it is. firms the shifts, changes rev limiter, really adds a thrust feel to the car. and drops E.T. like a champ. long tube headers and IMCO Axlebacks give you some performance gain and GREAT sound. LT headers are a must, dont go shorty. wont find the power there. exhuast comes down to preference, but if you like the mach1 steve mcqueen sound, IMCO is where its at. freakin beautiful muscle tone. cant say enough about em. and theres few people who have found and run them, so its unique.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:35 PM
RW06stang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Andys06GT

brenspeed and evolution performance are the two you'll get the most input for. apples and oranges my friend. bamachips has a cult following, not as large, but same numbers. C&L intake, JLT Intake, two most popular. steeda is following closely, numbers are only SLIGHTLY lower. and the WMS intake that is center fed id actually a great design, but you have to extend your wires in order to install it. there was an article in the last mmf magazine i recieved, and they posted some great intake temps with it. im really impressed with the design, thinkin there could be some serious power found on a dyno. as far as tuners, again, with the C&L / JLT guys, Diablo Predator and SCT XcalII. they offer the most tunability and are reasonably priced. you're better off for the cash to buy package deal, as you'll get the tuners "custom" dyno tune. its car specific, just not YOUR car specific. can find an extra 3 ponies on the dyno, but its not worht the money to do it. they offer great tunes as it is. firms the shifts, changes rev limiter, really adds a thrust feel to the car. and drops E.T. like a champ. long tube headers and IMCO Axlebacks give you some performance gain and GREAT sound. LT headers are a must, dont go shorty. wont find the power there. exhuast comes down to preference, but if you like the mach1 steve mcqueen sound, IMCO is where its at. freakin beautiful muscle tone. cant say enough about em. and theres few people who have found and run them, so its unique.
WELL SAID!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/33407/C0D09BF97521496A84DBADDB14D074ED.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-31-2006, 01:13 AM
TheNewMustangOwner

Thanks man that was a lot of info, and great detail. This forum has been a great help thanks everyone again.