Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Whipple god has struck again!! 05-07 GT Kits are here!! Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The Whipple god has struck again!! 05-07 GT Kits are here!! Pics Inside

wow man,

what's the price gonna be on that complete kit?

i would also like to know how hard the install is? when you do it of course. . . unless you already have

yeah, and how many lbs is it pushing with the default pulley?
Old 09-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The Whipple god has struck again!! 05-07 GT Kits are here!! Pics Inside

I don't think that the Whipple will be as good as the Saleen supercharger. I used to want the Whipple untill I found out some interesting information. According to the information I was given, Whipple used to directly import their superchargers from Lysholm but lost their rights because of something they did. They then copied Lysholm's design using their remaining Lysholm superchargers and that is what they sell today. Saleen on the other hand now directly imports from Lysholm and has the most up to date supercharger from the company that invented the twin-screw supercharger; Lysholm. I think that both will put out similiar performance, but I feel that the Saleen will be more efficient than the Whipple at the same psi. But I guess we'll find out soon. -Andrew
Old 09-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shaguarama

I don't think that the Whipple will be as good as the Saleen supercharger. I used to want the Whipple untill I found out some interesting information. According to the information I was given, Whipple used to directly import their superchargers from Lysholm but lost their rights because of something they did. They then copied Lysholm's design using their remaining Lysholm superchargers and that is what they sell today. Saleen on the other hand now directly imports from Lysholm and has the most up to date supercharger from the company that invented the twin-screw supercharger; Lysholm. I think that both will put out similiar performance, but I feel that the Saleen will be more efficient than the Whipple at the same psi. But I guess we'll find out soon. -Andrew
Whipple claims Ford has worked directly with them on the design of their supercharger. Originally, Lysholm was unable to supply them with sufficient inventory, so they went off and did their own.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:21 AM
FL510

I believe that saleen is a roots style SC and whipple is a twinscrew. more efficient
Old 10-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FL510

I believe that saleen is a roots style SC and whipple is a twinscrew. more efficient
Nope, the Saleen is a twin screw also. The only viable roots technology in the Mustang kit world is Magnacharger.