Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharged Top Speed...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:54 PM
B
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharged Top Speed...

oh yah... just be safe... top out were no cars are...

I did say be safe.........

its fine to do it where and when theres no cars.. i mean i dont think hes going out on traffic and topping out..

Old 09-02-2006, 07:02 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Well I hate to be the only one in reality but a big - BS!!!!

First of all, I would LOVE to see your dyno with that steeda junk charger. I do not believe for one mnute you are over 500 rwhp with your mods you mentioned. Aside from that, guys, please just pick up the latest issue of MM&FF there is a GREAT article in there about reaching the 200 mph barrier. Not only has NO ONE DONE IT YET IN THE STANDING MILE!!! LOL - but they talk about the neccessary mods. Making the power is not a problem, getting the car to hold together is a SERIOUS problem.

Just read the article - it's really good and will answer all your questions.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:23 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

And you were saying B..................?

ORIGINAL: cortc

Well she used to run out of steam at around 135-140 but now the stock speedo is worthless... I threw my portable GPS on the dash yesturday and went to a very open stretch of highway and she was still going at 160 when I finally had to let off due to a few cars ahead of me... She has about 520 hp and 470 ft-lbs of torque at the crank, I am pretty sure she could top out at redline in 5th now... When I get the six speed and the new bored/forged lower end and bump the boost to 12 psi, I still have the 3.55 and won't be changing those, she should have a silly top speed...

I am going to try a 5th gear run again to redline and see what she does, I am pretty sure she will break 170, redline would be about 180... With the 6 speed and the taller gear with 3.55 she would be at close to 200, but I would not take it past 180 without a front splitter and a wing in the back... She would need about 120 pounds down force on the front and 200-250 down force on the back to stay stable at 180+
Old 09-03-2006, 01:35 AM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

These mustangs are about as aerodynamic as a block of wood, and the underside doesn't help the turbulance 1 bit !! My old C5 was governed at 170 and i had it up there a few times. The vette felt more planted at 170 than this stang does at 130. I wouldn't even try over 160 without some serious aerodynamic works. All it takes is a dip in the road at 180 and it's completely possible for this car to get airborne.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:11 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

It is amazing how arogant and full of s*** some people are, if you go back and read no one ever said 500 rwhp... I am running 520 at the crank and she is running it... And no one said 200 mph, it was 180... Hey fordfanlittleboy why don't you come down to Morroso and we will see who is full of BS...

And as far as your opinion on the supercharger I am running looks like somebody has no idea what they are talking about, and the dyno is here on the forum on another thread...

I mentioned that anything over 180 would require some aerodynamic enhancements... 180 is very possible with the setup I have...

Now why don't you go play nice in the sandbox with the other little ford fan boys...

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

Well I hate to be the only one in reality but a big - BS!!!!

First of all, I would LOVE to see your dyno with that steeda junk charger. I do not believe for one mnute you are over 500 rwhp with your mods you mentioned. Aside from that, guys, please just pick up the latest issue of MM&FF there is a GREAT article in there about reaching the 200 mph barrier. Not only has NO ONE DONE IT YET IN THE STANDING MILE!!! LOL - but they talk about the neccessary mods. Making the power is not a problem, getting the car to hold together is a SERIOUS problem.

Just read the article - it's really good and will answer all your questions.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:16 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

I have been to 180+ in several other cars and motorcycles including 170+ in another Mustang and know exactly what it takes to break specific speeds including the right tires... If you read carefully you will notice that over 180 was a theoretical discussion...

ORIGINAL: wakebord99

These mustangs are about as aerodynamic as a block of wood, and the underside doesn't help the turbulance 1 bit !! My old C5 was governed at 170 and i had it up there a few times. The vette felt more planted at 170 than this stang does at 130. I wouldn't even try over 160 without some serious aerodynamic works. All it takes is a dip in the road at 180 and it's completely possible for this car to get airborne.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I dont doubt that you could reach those speeds. I would just hope that you weren't blowing by me when my kids are in the back seat..... **** I love speed just as much as anyone else - just be careful bud. One wrong thing at those speeds and it will be one hell of a rough ride until you reach a stop

What temp does your engine reach with sustained speeds that high? Ever have any problems?
Old 09-03-2006, 03:31 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

cryptic,

I agree and would not do or have done where there are other cars, in the past was done on empty roads with no side access... Also I have never and would never pass another car doing anything over 70-90 depending on the relative speed... If I ever come up to other cars while opening her up I slow it down and pass with respect as you cannot expect others on the road to put up with that...

I have never ran her sustained at anything over 90 and that was in a 70 limited access highway... The times she has gone beyond that it has been up and down and she has never past the halfway mark and the IAT has not gone past 110-115...

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

Yeah, I dont doubt that you could reach those speeds. I would just hope that you weren't blowing by me when my kids are in the back seat..... **** I love speed just as much as anyone else - just be careful bud. One wrong thing at those speeds and it will be one hell of a rough ride until you reach a stop

What temp does your engine reach with sustained speeds that high? Ever have any problems?
Old 09-03-2006, 04:13 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Hey Cortc, thats cool man. Just be careful.... those satellites are about to be used for other purposes.
Other cars on the road or not --- they catch ya and its gonna be painful.

We use to test our old Mustangs on an abandoned airstrip - plenty of room there but begins to abuse the brakes after a few runs.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:37 PM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cortc

I have been to 180+ in several other cars and motorcycles including 170+ in another Mustang and know exactly what it takes to break specific speeds including the right tires... If you read carefully you will notice that over 180 was a theoretical discussion...

ORIGINAL: wakebord99

Perhaps you need to read my statement alittle more carefully. At no point did i say that you Could Not reach 180..I just said I Would NOT go over 160.. And i'ld love to see these cars you've driven in that do 180+ on the US Highways !!! Because it isn't possible to be remotely safe at those speeds no matter what kind of car you have.. the highways just aren't built for that here and aren't maintaned properly. We're not talking about a flat well maintained race track here..

Quick Reply: Supercharged Top Speed...