Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharged Top Speed...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default RE: Supercharged Top Speed...

By: fordfanboy
First of all, I would LOVE to see your dyno with that steeda junk charger
Wow .. first you get into an argument with me where you say NO S/C is better than any other and call people morons for arguing over it.
Then you call his steeda a piece of junk.
You are great at making yourself look like a hipocritic dipsh it.
OH WAIT.. I'm sorry I can't talk because I havent "helped" anyone. lol.

By now I think we are all smart enough not to take your "help"....hotshot.
Obviously it is filled with alot more arrogance than it is wisdom or knowledge.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:06 AM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

Why would you want to put a 6 speed in these stangs? really a waste of money and time. also you will never redline 5th gear in your car. You would need serious suspension work and some serious aero work. Have fun, I think the guy who started this thread is an idiot!!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:12 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

Usually the one throwing insults is the one who should be questioned when it comes to intelligence, and redline in any gear is possible with enough power... In the end I stated 180 is very possible, and then I guess anyone that has attempted top speed runs in the past is an idiot... And never said a top speed run would be performed on an open public road...

The drag limited stock top speed is due to lack of power, and as for suspension mods and such, the car has them and many more to follow...

A six speed is not a waste of money, if it was then why do Cobras and the new GT500 bring them? Why do so many aftermarket companies including FRPP sell them... And besides if you apply that logic than any mod is a waste of money and all people who mod any car or create show cars are wasting their money...

Modding cars is a hobbie and anyone should do as they please and have fun, if you don't like one persons idea than go do as you please but do not insult others who have different ideas than you...

Any more smart comments my friend...

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

Why would you want to put a 6 speed in these stangs? really a waste of money and time. also you will never redline 5th gear in your car. You would need serious suspension work and some serious aero work. Have fun, I think the guy who started this thread is an idiot!!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:15 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

I agree you should never attempt anything beyond your ability...

ORIGINAL: wakebord99

ORIGINAL: cortc

I have been to 180+ in several other cars and motorcycles including 170+ in another Mustang and know exactly what it takes to break specific speeds including the right tires... If you read carefully you will notice that over 180 was a theoretical discussion...

ORIGINAL: wakebord99

These mustangs are about as aerodynamic as a block of wood, and the underside doesn't help the turbulance 1 bit !! My old C5 was governed at 170 and i had it up there a few times. The vette felt more planted at 170 than this stang does at 130. I wouldn't even try over 160 without some serious aerodynamic works. All it takes is a dip in the road at 180 and it's completely possible for this car to get airborne.
Perhaps you need to read my statement alittle more carefully. At no point did i say that you Could Not reach 180..I just said I Would NOT go over 160.. And i'ld love to see these cars you've driven in that do 180+ on the US Highways !!! Because it isn't possible to be remotely safe at those speeds no matter what kind of car you have.. the highways just aren't built for that here and aren't maintaned properly. We're not talking about a flat well maintained race track here..
Old 09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
GT07

i've had my GT over 200 lotsa times,... oh wait,...mine reads in km/h,...
Old 09-05-2006, 02:37 AM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

If you ran a Viper T-56 then you could run 4.30 gears and still run at the same RPM on the highway because of the incredibly tall 6th (.50) Makes perfect sense to me.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:51 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

IMO a 6 speed in a Novelty for these cars. IMO. True if you strip enough weight and do enough to the car you could get it to 300mph I suppose, but when you start trying to get you car to 180-200mph I think you are going to have to do so much that you car is no longer a car you could drive every day. GOOD luck though.

Friend..............
Old 09-06-2006, 05:13 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah
IMO a 6 speed in a Novelty for these cars. IMO. True if you strip enough weight and do enough to the car you could get it to 300mph I suppose, but when you start trying to get you car to 180-200mph I think you are going to have to do so much that you car is no longer a car you could drive every day. GOOD luck though.
Getting this car even to 200 is no more an issue of weight than moving a brick wall at 200MPH is an issue of weight...

Look at a mustang funny car and you have a good idea of how much you would need to rice-out the front end to get the car up there without a LOT of HP...

There was an article in one of the mag's a long time ago where they got an 80's stang up to 200. Took lots of duct-tape and about 750HP as I recall...

6th gear is very useful if you change the rear, but without that, I would have to agree - I don't spend much time in 5th.

I will say though, that adding some boost you find that you can now accelerate in 5th gear and you wonder where the next gear is when you do...

Then you realize your going 100 and need to slow down...
Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 AM
dbvettez06
1st Gear Member

196 but, was done in a controlled area.....Oh, not the GT, the other car!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:58 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

I would hope you made it to at least 196...

ORIGINAL: dbvettez06

196 but, was done in a controlled area.....Oh, not the GT, the other car!

Quick Reply: Supercharged Top Speed...