Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Automatic GT vs Manual V6

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:13 AM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Automatic GT vs Manual V6

I get a kick out of everyone ******* autos, back in the day most muscle cars were AUTO ,alot of them 3 speeds, this included Chevys, Fords, Dodge, Pontiacs, etc.. I challenge any manual GT to a race against my Auto, while you are busy shifting from 1st to 2nd I will be looking in the rear view mirrior watching your car jerk violently with a nice rested left leg and a sub .12 run !!!! I think that is pretty fun don't you.

2006 GT - AUTO
Windveil Blue - Premium

MAC Race Long Tube Headers
MAC Pro Chamber
MAC Axleback exhaust
Kenne Belle SuperCharger with Intercooler 39lb injectors
SCT Xcalibrator 2 (permanently disabled TCS !!! thank god) LOL
Eibach Pro Line Lowering Kit
Foose Nitrous 18"s on BFG T/A KDWs

Old 09-06-2006, 01:20 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: desslok40

I get a kick out of everyone ******* autos, back in the day most muscle cars were AUTO ,alot of them 3 speeds, this included Chevys, Fords, Dodge, Pontiacs, etc.. I challenge any manual GT to a race against my Auto, while you are busy shifting from 1st to 2nd I will be looking in the rear view mirrior watching your car jerk violently with a nice rested left leg and a sub .12 run !!!! I think that is pretty fun don't you.

2006 GT - AUTO
Windveil Blue - Premium

MAC Race Long Tube Headers
MAC Pro Chamber
MAC Axleback exhaust
Kenne Belle SuperCharger with Intercooler 39lb injectors
SCT Xcalibrator 2 (permanently disabled TCS !!! thank god) LOL
Eibach Pro Line Lowering Kit
Foose Nitrous 18"s on BFG T/A KDWs

i would hope so being blown. . . if you weren't, i would have challenged ya
Old 09-06-2006, 01:42 AM
cmallett1
1st Gear Member

Wow. You could pretty much pick ANY option for your Mustang... V6, V8, manual, auto, etc... and no matter what, you WILL find people who are dead set AGAINST you. lol!
Oh well, I guess that's what makes this hobby so fun!
You can't win'em all, and there will always be somebody faster... especially if you're in a V6, right?!? lol! Just kidding guys.
Have fun!

Old 09-06-2006, 03:09 AM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

You all are forgetting that the auto trans CAN be driven like a " slap stick " if you will.. (I do mine ALL the time, it "kind of" gives you that manual car feel ) plus the people that are really serious into drag racing..

IE: JDM , C.K. , etc. all have auto trans.. yes they all have a S/C'ers on them also.. but they are putting down very fast times.. ( you never miss a shift )

two other things.. first don't knock the auto till you drive one..!!!!!

second the auto trans car will come alive with just a CAI and a gear change.. and you don't get that much more MPG with a manual trans.. what one more MPG...?? wow that is a lot.. lol

also my tuner guy said they are rock solid until you get way up in the HP range.. but when you get up there.. you have to do the motor anyway.. an if you had

a manual .. you would have to beef it up also..

Don't get me wrong.. manual cars ARE fun to drive.. but so is a auto trans car with just a couple mods, I can burn rubber in first.. first to second the car will go side ways and burn rubber, and second to third I get a good chirp from the tires... by that itme I am going approx. 80 MPH.. I have beaten stock manual 05+ Stangs with my auto trans GT..

could they have beet me if they had done some mods to there car..?? I am sure the could (if they get a good launch.. tire spin ).. the auto trans also doesn't weight a 1,000 pounds more either.. ( I think I seen somebody say that..?? )

bottom line.. IF I was you .. I would get a 07 .. because if you get a 06.. you are getting a year old car already..

plus it is YOUR car.. not ours.. we don't have to drive it..YOU DO... so get what YOU want is what I would do and did...!!!!!! I had to order mine as the dealer didn't have what I wanted.. they had 90% manual cars.

JMO and only that..!!!!

Rex
Old 09-06-2006, 03:33 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rex7010

don't knock the auto till you drive one..!!!!!

Rex
+1