Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Mustang's soon to be, newest competition.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:40 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: The Mustang's soon to be, newest competition.

They will continue to buy the chrysler 300/300c and pt cruisers. I bet the challenger is a very limited production and expensive, probably GT500 expensive.

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

I'm not so sure that any of the "Big Three" are healthy enough to start producing over the top "Muscle Cars" for such a small audience. Yes, it's great to have American muscle back, but at what cost? We're so lucky women buy Mustangs(thanks ladies!), because that's what killed the Camaro/Firebird and the GTO....these cars aren't female(in most cases-don't want to sound chauvinistic) friendly. Most women I know want reliable(first), good looking and efficient(mpg-wise) cars with room to put all their crap away(haha). Daimler-Chrysler will in for a rude awakening when they bring their Challenger to market in '08. The car's much bigger than a Mustang(even after shortening) and might not have a V-6 option(initially)..so what are the ladies gonna buy? I think women are much more practical when buying a car....and I think GM might be gunshy after the GTO experience. BTW they drive on the wrong side of the road in Australia for a reason......
Old 09-09-2006, 11:08 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

Me and my Saleen say, "Go ahead, make my day!"

Mike
Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i dont like 4 doors in general, this one is no threat to us
Old 09-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

I think that's a picture of the australian car. Who knows how much different the car will look when it comes to the US. Not everybody wants a two-door car. There are a lot of people that want a sporty car with 4 doors. It won't weigh a million pounds like the charger either. I think GM is finally starting to move in the right direction. I know I'd take that car over a foreign car anyday.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:55 PM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

I think GM used to or still makes a two door Grand Prix model. I really like the Grand Prix's. Not sure what all the hate is about but when I see them I think they look slick, especially with 18" rims and dual exhaust.

And I'm not usually impressed with the body designs of most cars... in fact I think the only good looking cars on the road today are: Mustang, Corvette, Grand Prix, 2006+ Honda civic (yeah I said it, I think the new civics look NICE) and the new Eclipse. I can't say anything about luxury cars such as Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, and Lexus because THOSE all look the same
Old 09-09-2006, 11:56 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

It's beyond me why Chevy can't seem to make a decent looking car other than the 'vette.
Actually, from what I have heard, the vette is a totaly s separate division of GM. While still technically a chevy, the vette has its own design team and engineers that dont touch chevys.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:06 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

I may make some folks mad, but I love it. It's about time they started making RWD cars again. Looks good and I'm sure it runs good. As far as being a threat to us...... only if our cars run like they should..(i.e TMS and so on), it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe before I race him he'll let me recalibrate my throttle body or unhook my battery before the race. Dang warranty, soon as it's up *BAM* tune here I come.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:08 AM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

It's beyond me why Chevy can't seem to make a decent looking car other than the 'vette.
Actually, from what I have heard, the vette is a totaly s separate division of GM. While still technically a chevy, the vette has its own design team and engineers that dont touch chevys.
Why do they do that? The corvette barely sells any units a year.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

IMO

thats a GTO w/ a body kit and diff badges. . . they need some new designers @ GM
Old 09-10-2006, 12:38 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

I don't understand when four door cars were considered musclecars............WOW...this to me just goes to show how bad GM is trying to scrape **** together.....I mean they can't even think of an original design, or a car that doesnt look like a POS..... It's like thereye so dumb and out of ideas therye just throwin parts at Gran Prix's and thinking that we're all dumb and will like that crap....Booooooo for GM,

How come they can come out with new chevy trucks every 2 years, but can't form a concept of what a DECENT musclecar should look like? Yea, I really want a Monte Carlo SS, or impala SS, or Cavalier SS........ the next A$$ who trys to race me in one of those, is just getting run off the road for just owning that crap...

wow...sorry for the rant.[sm=rant.gif]

Quick Reply: The Mustang's soon to be, newest competition.