Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Keep or Change new exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:33 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Keep or Change new exhaust??

I think you will be losing power with something like that.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:01 PM
ecrawf01

if worked for muscle cars like camaros, firebirds, chevelles, novas, grand nationals and even the 60's model mustangs and shelbys it should work. if it's made by flowmaster, it's better than stock. if he likes the way it sounds better, then he should stay with it. i'm sure it's the longer tailpipes that make a difference in sound.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

It sounds like a good plan. You'll have to get some good audio clips to let us know how she sounds! Flowmasters are the best, but sadly they designed a really ****ty system for the 05+. Another thing with the 05+ is that it has a completely different sound then what you would get with the non-3V Engines. I hear so many good sounds for Mustangs, and all I'm looking for is that classic, deep, but enjoyably loud sound... I want to hear the car in the interior, cruising at 65mph and just listening to the deep hum of the exhaust (I think some consider this "Drone" ? Not sure... and if someone doesn't like that, then they should go buy their lexus.)

As far as losing power, I'm not sure. Since you are only going through one individual muffler it might be restricting the exhaust... but then again the muffler design might flow perfectly for an otherwise stock vehicle. I think once you start getting up there in power, then that one muffler will become very restrictive.

I take it you had this installed right after your O/R Pipe?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I'm also curious as to where he mounted it.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:16 PM
ecrawf01

I have the flowmaster axleback on my car. when i first start it and give a little rev it pops out the muffler. i think it's because of the tip coming right out of the muffler. not enough pipe after the muffler to straighten out any turbulance. now i'm curious to hear it also. but i do like the way my exhaust sounds. never know, if it sounds better might change mine.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:11 PM
sds_silverstang

Hey guys I'll work on getting some sound/video clips Asap!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:51 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Please do! This is interesting.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:38 PM
sds_silverstang

OK guys...my video camera's kinda jacked right now so I had to use my digital camera, Im trying to upload the video ([:@]not working) but here are some pics for now....I didnt upgrade all my pipes yet...this was just an experiment to see if I liked the sound...still working on it...
Pic from Rear
Pic from rear underneath
Front of stock H pipe
Let me know what you guys think...
Old 09-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

have you tried going over a speed bump yet? It looks like you lost a bit of ground clearance.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:56 PM
sds_silverstang

I did lose a bit of clearance....Going over speed bumps isnt a problem unless they're really high, but then again you shouldnt be jammin through them to start off with

Here are some of the videos i uploaded...hope they work...

1.) Freeway 1st -5th..trying not to crash..LOL Sound isnt too loud when your crusin', but if you step on it a little you can hear the rumble.

2.) Morning Cold Start up

3.) The description of video is wrong..this is coming from home then Restart, Take off

Quick Reply: Keep or Change new exhaust??