Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

w.t.f!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: w.t.f!!

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Mmm...well it can't pull codes if it doesn't recognize the program. I would take it to a Saleen authorized Ford dealer or shop and have them look at it. I doubt the shop you took it to gets many one-offs.

You could also get under the car yourself and see if one of the 02 sensor harnesses/connectors is jacked up. If I remember correctly, the O2 sensors wires get attached to the tranny with a retainer to guide the wires.

Its still OBDII no matter what its programed with, and can pull codes. Im sure they just have something like a Snap-On handheld scanner or the like and only does pull info, no reprogramming with that scanner.
my bets are they phisically messed up the O2 while working under the car.
Let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:34 AM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

well I went out and bought three new 02 sensors today. I am going to change all three out and see what happens.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

I just pulled all three 02 sensors out...the ones on the passenger side are completely covered in black soot. the one one the drivers side is clean. The one that goes pre-catalytic converter felt like it might not have been plugged in all the way. Could that have caused my computer to think it is running lean and throw the P0171 code and then my car actually overcompensate and make it run rich and crappy.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:23 AM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matto1975
I just pulled all three 02 sensors out...the ones on the passenger side are completely covered in black soot. the one one the drivers side is clean. The one that goes pre-catalytic converter felt like it might not have been plugged in all the way. Could that have caused my computer to think it is running lean and throw the P0171 code and then my car actually overcompensate and make it run rich and crappy.
If the wire harness had disconnected, it _should_ have thrown another code (open O2 "heater" circuit among other issues), but what you describe is plausible...

I'd put it all back-together - monitor the O2 readings through a tuner and if you can find a local garage with a "sniffer" to confirm good A/F at the pipe...

How is it running now?