Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple H.O. Kits are NOW SHIPPING!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default Whipple H.O. Kits are NOW SHIPPING!!

Just a heads up to those that have been patiently holding out for the new Whipple we are now shipping complete kits. You can order online or by giving us a call and we can ship one to you wherever you are!! Worldwide!! Thanks, Jared@Lethal
Old 09-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Boss919
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple H.O. Kits are NOW SHIPPING!!

Whats the cost and are they going to warranty them like other whipples on a lightining or cobra.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Boss919

Whats the cost and are they going to warranty them like other whipples on a lightining or cobra.
Here is a link to the kits we offer and our special pricing.
CLICK HERE FOR PRICING

As far as warranty all Whipple Superchargers are warranteed. If you have an issue with your kit all you have to do is give us a call and we will help in getting your kit fixed under warranty.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared
Old 09-16-2006, 03:32 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

OK, the supercharger itself is warrenteed as are its competitors superchargers. But what about the rest of the cars drivetrain??

Being this is a "ford" approved kit that ford claims is "safe" for the motor, are they willing to back that up by not voiding the 3-36 powertrain warrentee.

I mean, it is all fine and dandy that they proclaim how they designed the tune and helped design the supercharger, and how it puts 475 to the tires on an otherwise stock engine and is perfectly safe.

But if they arent willing to back that in writing and put some warrentee behind it, where does that put us?

I would think that one of the advantages of buying a ford blower is that they are going to take a firm position on the warrentee and state which kits maintain the 3-36 and which dont.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:36 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boostaddict

ORIGINAL: Boss919

Here is a link to the kits we offer and our special pricing.
CLICK HERE FOR PRICING

As far as warranty all Whipple Superchargers are warranteed. If you have an issue with your kit all you have to do is give us a call and we will help in getting your kit fixed under warranty.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared
Is your website immune to IE 7.0? It never loads properly.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:58 PM
baltimucho

I've had mine "ordered" for 6 months... It should be here next week! RAWK!!!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:26 PM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

Ok.. i'm a turbo guy.. so you have to bear with me here.

What justifies the extra 2,000 dollar price tag on that bad-boy VS the other's listed on his site?

Personally I like the Vortex compressor type design as i believe it's less drag on the engine, but then again.. i'm a turbo guy.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:22 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: classj

OK, the supercharger itself is warrenteed as are its competitors superchargers. But what about the rest of the cars drivetrain??

Being this is a "ford" approved kit that ford claims is "safe" for the motor, are they willing to back that up by not voiding the 3-36 powertrain warrentee.

I mean, it is all fine and dandy that they proclaim how they designed the tune and helped design the supercharger, and how it puts 475 to the tires on an otherwise stock engine and is perfectly safe.

But if they arent willing to back that in writing and put some warrentee behind it, where does that put us?

I would think that one of the advantages of buying a ford blower is that they are going to take a firm position on the warrentee and state which kits maintain the 3-36 and which dont.
At this particular moment te supercharger is the only thing warranteed. They are working on the extended warranty to cover the drivetrain but Ford has not yet finished that process. Not sure how long it will take but supposedly it will happen sooner or later. Thanks, Jared
Old 09-17-2006, 03:28 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Not sure what other kits you are comparing this one to but to sum it up it's quite a good deal. The kit includes a lot more than the Vortech or Procharger kit and as far as street performance there are quite a few that would prefer the twin screws instant tq over the centrifugal blower. Look at all the 4V Cobra guys and see what the majority of them run. You'll find that there is a very small percentage of those with Centrifugals compared to the majority running the Twin Screws. Hope that helps. Jared@Lethal
ORIGINAL: wakebord99

Ok.. i'm a turbo guy.. so you have to bear with me here.

What justifies the extra 2,000 dollar price tag on that bad-boy VS the other's listed on his site?

Personally I like the Vortex compressor type design as i believe it's less drag on the engine, but then again.. i'm a turbo guy.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:51 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

sorry but i gotta mention this.. on whipple's web site, supercharger is like 4.500 bucks or 4.900 intercooled.. why so expensive at your web site?

Quick Reply: Whipple H.O. Kits are NOW SHIPPING!!