Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

first time at track! here is the result!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: first time at track! here is the result!!

Those are some great times! Intake + Tune you will be looking pretty! Did you use the burnout box?

Congrats on the times once again.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 PM
MR.Mustang
2nd Gear Member

what did you trap on that run? also what was the evolution? i did 13.6 at 2500 ft. above the sea level.
Nice run, I live in Chicago area too and there is no way we are at 2500 ft elevation. Infact, Byron is 729 ft above sea level.

Incase you want to check for yourself:

http://www.netstate.com/states/geogr..._geography.htm
Old 09-20-2006, 02:19 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MR.Mustang

what did you trap on that run? also what was the evolution? i did 13.6 at 2500 ft. above the sea level.
Nice run, I live in Chicago area too and there is no way we are at 2500 ft elevation. Infact, Byron is 729 ft above sea level.

Incase you want to check for yourself:

http://www.netstate.com/states/geogr..._geography.htm
i really didnt know about the evolution, somebody mentioned that 2 days ago.. so it is not 2500 ft. above the sea level? i better change my sig. then.. thanks
Old 09-20-2006, 07:01 PM
therobman7
1st Gear Member

That is quick.... i always thought the quickest stock time was around 13.9, but i was wayyyy off... sweet times man!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Nice times dood. Wish I could have made it out there with you guys, but work comes 1st unfortunatly. Im heading out to 41 dragway in Indiana next friday to see what she does for my 1st time.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

yeah, i didn't leave mine stock long enough to get a good time with it, i only made one trip to the track(first time eVErRR) and only made 3 passes

driving has improved drastically and im no longer stock. . . I think i might have been able to get a 13.5 or better if i had kept it stock longer than a month

thats sweet though, looks like doodad is out to get the best stock time for the stangs. . . drags and cold weather and low elevation will do it for shizzle, good luck dude
Old 09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

yeah, i didn't leave mine stock long enough to get a good time with it, i only made one trip to the track(first time eVErRR) and only made 3 passes

driving has improved drastically and im no longer stock. . . I think i might have been able to get a 13.5 or better if i had kept it stock longer than a month

thats sweet though, looks like doodad is out to get the best stock time for the stangs. . . drags and cold weather and low elevation will do it for shizzle, good luck dude
DRs = i am at low 13s intake & tune & DRs = i am at high 12s
Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 AM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

Thats a very good run. Ford claims 13.5 with their drivers. I dont see why that time wouldnt be reachable bone stock. I believe a 13.4 with perfect conditions. I have seen many bone stock GT's hit 13.6-13.9 all the time at my local track.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:16 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BLackie

Thats a very good run. Ford claims 13.5 with their drivers. I dont see why that time wouldnt be reachable bone stock. I believe a 13.4 with perfect conditions. I have seen many bone stock GT's hit 13.6-13.9 all the time at my local track.
i wont mod my car untill next summer.. cuz i gotta drive this girl in winter.. it is already so powerful for winter so i dont wanan mess for more power.. but once weather gets better spring or summer, first i will go to track with DRs and hoping to run 13.2, 13.3.. after that depends on my finacial stuation.. might be whipple S/C, if i cant afford, i will go intake and tune and DRs and try to run high 12s.. these numbers are possible.. at least i believe that

i am still going crazy cuz i missed a gear.. otherwise i would have been at 13.4s and be very happy.. that dude with intake, tune, exhaust, and x-pipe ran best time 13.4.. i am thinking, if i wouldnt have missed that gear and show him 13.4s slip, what would he do?? sell the stang.. cuz he was surprised when he saw, i ran 13.6.. he just needs to put more miles on his car and more practice an he will be at very low 13s..
Old 09-27-2006, 05:24 AM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

i am still going crazy cuz i missed a gear.. otherwise i would have been at 13.4s and be very happy.. that dude with intake, tune, exhaust, and x-pipe ran best time 13.4.. i am thinking, if i wouldnt have missed that gear and show him 13.4s slip, what would he do?? sell the stang .. cuz he was surprised when he saw, i ran 13.6..
some people.....believe it or not......are just better and worse drivers than others

Quick Reply: first time at track! here is the result!!