Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

supercharger +free exhaust-look!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger +free exhaust-look!

oooo....thought you were referring to me...got kind of confused. It's chill. Yea....but i'm gonna get a procharger on my v6 lol...
see ya,
Mike
Old 09-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

nice, that should be wicked fast........you ever thought about turbo?

check this out......POWERHOUSE
Old 09-18-2006, 07:07 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I dont know about that vertical flow intercooler, I have had quiet a few cars made turbo and turbo from factory and I prefer an horizontal intercooler because of a bigger Air to Air exchange area. I am looking at the helion turbo system to see if it has an horizontal intercooler. I plan to run at around 22 psi once I get internals and I am sure that vertical intercooler wont support that kind of heat coming from the pressurized air.

Att. Andrew
Old 09-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

your best bet on that one androdz is to call or emial the guys at powerhouse, they are really friendly and knowledgable.

but their GT is in the 10's, so how much faster do you need to be?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:26 PM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

Agree that the Roushcharger is pricey but it it safe and warranted for 3 years. Who is installing for free? I find that a bit hard to believe unless they are marking the kit up.

Maybe the make ready guys are doing the install. Not sure I would want a "free" install.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:06 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

The roushcharger is one of the most inefficient tipes of chargers out there in the market. It is a roots style charger. They can have a GT in the 8's and I still wouldn't care. I want driveability and daily driving. I know a horizontal intercooler is much more effective because it has a larger surface area; point end of story. If vertical intercoolers were better why doesn't everyone use them then?

Att. Andrew
Old 09-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Mardav

Androdz,

you must have gone to a different school than me. Although I don't have a S/C on my car (yet!), I do know that the Eaton modified type Roots blowers are not inefficient. Roush has apparently made a decision to keep the boost low (5 -6 psi) in order to warranty the engine and drive train components that no other manufacturer will warrant (including Ford!) if you install their kit. Kudos I believe should go to Roush for providing this protection to those who want it. I notice several dyno results are available for most of the S/C's showing pretty close results when the SAME amount of boost is used, at least among the positive displacement blowers. Roush will sell you a pulley kit to up the boost on their unit (this will take it OUT of the warranty though) a couple of psi and add about 25 hp to the 115 they advertise. Since you want 22 psi according to your post, you do not want a positive displacement blower anyway, as you know. so why post just to knock someone's product? Just post to let us know how happy you are with your long list of mods and equipment; others are happy with their choices too and should be encouraged to post. If you have had a bad personal experience with the Roush product, that's a different story. I was a GM a Ford dealership that sold Roush products (also Saleen) and I know from my experience that they make a pretty darn good product and just as importantly (IMHO) they stand behind it as well. Have a nice day.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:48 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Roots style blowers are inefficient. Ask anyone around and they will tell you that. You can get your supercharged warrantied by ford if you install it a willing ford dealership but that will run you into the 8k's. Yes roots style blowers are efficient at 5-6 psi, but as you keep pumping up the #'s the efficiency goes down. As for the roush for example a Stage 3 costs you what??? 55k or around that in the states right? Whats is the difference? A body kit, some interior mods and some basic suspension mods right? I think with around 30k in mods I could do a much better product with much better components including some engine work. That and I still might have like 5-6k and we could call that my warranty savings??? Anything breaks use that money to fix. Roush is an aftermarket supplier, Saleen is known as an automaker already. I think the saleen S/C is a twin screw just like the KB if I am not wrong. They make good products but like I said for what they charge I could make a better car with a s/c or a turbo that will handle more lbs. Instead of getting either I would get a gt500 because of the engine.

Att. Andrew
Old 09-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Mardav

Andrew,
1. Roush will warranty the car as long as you have the s/c installed by a certified mechanic according to Michelle in customer service today. You do not have to install it at a Ford dealership.
2. You are not clear in your explanation when first you say that Roots blowers are not efficient and then that they are at 5-6 psi. From and engineering and design perspective, they are efficient or they are not. What I think you are talking about is the horsepower increase you can realize from different types of blowers, but I am not sure. 3. This thread was started about buying an aftermarket kit, not a finished vehicle. Is a Ferrari worth $240,000, is a 3,000 sq' house in Orlando worth $850,000? The value of a product is best judged by the individual making the purchase. A Saleen or Roush may seem overpriced to you, but cheap fun to someone else. Since you can do a much better job for less than Saleen or Roush, maybe you could go into business just like Mr. Saleen and Mr. Roush have done, they also felt they could build a better product and find a market for it and it sure has worked for them.
4. Not everyone is interested in the Max boost and horsepower, lots of us (including me) just want to have an easy way to put some more ponies under the hood and have fun! Now that you have got me thinking more about it, I just had a Roush kit shipped today from one of the board sponsors. My 2007 has only 1,600 miles on it, I am glad to have the warranty and looking forward to a lot of fun without any aggravation.
I wish you the very best with your new engine, please keep us updated, it seems like you will have a very fast car. Please have fun and be safe!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:34 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Mardav

Andrew,
1. Roush will warranty the car as long as you have the s/c installed by a certified mechanic according to Michelle in customer service today. You do not have to install it at a Ford dealership.
2. You are not clear in your explanation when first you say that Roots blowers are not efficient and then that they are at 5-6 psi. From and engineering and design perspective, they are efficient or they are not. What I think you are talking about is the horsepower increase you can realize from different types of blowers, but I am not sure. 3. This thread was started about buying an aftermarket kit, not a finished vehicle. Is a Ferrari worth $240,000, is a 3,000 sq' house in Orlando worth $850,000? The value of a product is best judged by the individual making the purchase. A Saleen or Roush may seem overpriced to you, but cheap fun to someone else. Since you can do a much better job for less than Saleen or Roush, maybe you could go into business just like Mr. Saleen and Mr. Roush have done, they also felt they could build a better product and find a market for it and it sure has worked for them.
4. Not everyone is interested in the Max boost and horsepower, lots of us (including me) just want to have an easy way to put some more ponies under the hood and have fun! Now that you have got me thinking more about it, I just had a Roush kit shipped today from one of the board sponsors. My 2007 has only 1,600 miles on it, I am glad to have the warranty and looking forward to a lot of fun without any aggravation.
I wish you the very best with your new engine, please keep us updated, it seems like you will have a very fast car. Please have fun and be safe!
1. Any supercharger has a 1 year warranty, higher on others. I am saying that if you buy/install the charger on a mustang dealership they will cover the engine also.
2. The roots style from an enginnering and design perspective are unefficient at high psi's. Just go a look at a local track and just watch how many roots blowers are in the 9 secs cars.
3. I am not the only one that said that they are less priced kits available. When you buy a saleen or a roush you are buying their name, same as a ferrarri. Remember they are in to make a profit, so as with everything in an open market they are built/supplied by the lowest bidder.
4. If you want an easy way to put some more ponies under the hood then go with a procharger kit since it is cheaper and easier. Also remember a sales person will always tell you what you are buying is the best in the market even if it is a pos. All it takes is some research and remember there is only one law in business and I believe it applies on cars too. It is the law of diminishing returns; The tendency for a continuing application of effort or skill toward a particular project or goal to decline in effectiveness after a certain level of result has been achieved. So in the long run you will like to add more HP and that is where the high psi inefficiency will come into action.

Att. Andrew

Quick Reply: supercharger +free exhaust-look!