Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen SC install

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen SC install

ORIGINAL: 06SSGT
Oh one more thing: did you have to change the engine mounts to fit the Saleen under the hood?
And how!

But that came with desireable side-effects (stiffer mounts act like torque-limiters and help with shifitng under load).
Old 09-20-2006, 10:56 PM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cekim

Oh one more thing: did you have to change the engine mounts to fit the Saleen under the hood?
And how!

But that came with desireable side-effects (stiffer mounts act like torque-limiters and help with shifitng under load).
Thanks once again! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 09-21-2006, 01:18 AM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cekim
And how!
Thanks once again! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Before I get in trouble - some people have NOT had to use the mounts, some have... your mileage may vary... IMHO they are a net "good thing" regardless (stiffer, clearance for LTs, lighter, look nice etc)... and the alternate suggestion of some to "bang on" the firewall is somewhat lacking in elegance and did not solve my hood clearance problem.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

No mounts for me, no LTs though and the C+L cai fits fine as well, (or I assume, since my tuner didn't mention it).
Old 09-21-2006, 10:50 AM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RCT06GT

Awesome! Did you install the S/C yourself? Gotta get rid of that stock rubber and maybe get some LCA's and I think you would be a lot happier with the traction issues.
New rubber and rims are in the plan, but the SC was more important. Once these tires are gone it will inpsire me to get something new.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:53 AM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

How does the SC sound? Does it whine? I heard the Magnacharger in a video and don't think i could deal with that whine. Does the Saleen tap into the engine oil or is it self lubricated like the Magnacharger?

Congrats on getting blown! =)
Love getting blown...

The SC is dead quiet. Too quiet actually. I had visions of being able to scare small children on the street with the SC noise, but you basically never know it is there until you throttle into it. Inside the car I can not hear it at all. Yesterday I went homw ith the top down and I could slightly hear it if I hammered the throttle. I wish it was louder. Right now it is totally stealth.

The Saleen does not enter the oil system. The blower has its own oil.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

[quote]
Thanks for the info! I love the way the Saleen looks under the hood. I'm thinking i want one sometime in the future. Either that or the PH turbo. Oh one more thing: did you have to change the engine mounts to fit the Saleen under the hood?
[quote]

Nope. It fit fine. I was worried about it... as it is close, but it does not hit. I've got about 500 miles on it so far. No issues at all.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:05 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hijack the thread but...
I was wondering on the Saleen how often do you have to change the oil on it??? And is it a PITA??? I know I'm a long ways off from FI, but I'm in between the Saleen and the Powerhouse turbo...I like the way the Saleen install looks, and you can still use long tubes, which I kinda plan on doing before FI, if I go with the Saleen that is. Also, any one know how much you can turn the Saleen up?? I'm kinda shooting to (in a couple of years, most likely when I get out of college) hit the 500rwhp mark (yes, forged internals will go in) Can the saleen make that no problem?? I guess its just a pully swap and tune away right??
Old 09-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Hope this works

[IMG]local://upfiles/32271/BB07C8EA55D640D680C4E218AD61881A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-21-2006, 11:40 PM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikewillsmith

How does the SC sound? Does it whine? I heard the Magnacharger in a video and don't think i could deal with that whine. Does the Saleen tap into the engine oil or is it self lubricated like the Magnacharger?

Congrats on getting blown! =)
Love getting blown...

The SC is dead quiet. Too quiet actually. I had visions of being able to scare small children on the street with the SC noise, but you basically never know it is there until you throttle into it. Inside the car I can not hear it at all. Yesterday I went homw ith the top down and I could slightly hear it if I hammered the throttle. I wish it was louder. Right now it is totally stealth.

The Saleen does not enter the oil system. The blower has its own oil.

Ahh, thanks! That's good to know. I'd rather it was silent. The only thing I like to hear is the exhaust. I like to surprise people. =)

Quick Reply: Saleen SC install