Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Weird problem with Custom Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:41 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Default Weird problem with Custom Tune

Been running Bren'ts 87 Octane tune with the C&L. Today decided you know lets try the 91 as that is the highest octane fuel we have here in AZ. So Fill up 91, baby it back home, and install the 91 octane tune. No problems, run it a bit, no problems, get back home and the weather is fairly nice so I had the windows down, go to roll up the windows, and the passenger side goes all the way up automatically like I wanted it to, but the driver side window does not, I have to manually hold it all the way up now. Anyone know what could possibly be causing this? Granted it's not a major deal, but I hate having to wait that 5 seconds sitting there holding it
Old 09-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Weird problem with Custom Tune

that hasn't got anything to do with brent's tune, take it to the dealer, they will fix it
Old 09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

I emailed Brent, the auto roll up worked this morning, but after tune it didn't. Would like to solve it without the dealer if I can, as I don't want to deal with the hassle of the dealers and aftermarket parts, and my dealer is an hr away
Old 09-19-2006, 05:48 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'm pretty sure the owners manual describes the window function and
how to make the buttons do what you want.....

Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

It's a coincidence that the window started acting up after the tune. If you want to prove it to yourself, put the stock tune back in. I bet the window will continue to have problems.

You may have knocked a harness loose in the engine bay when you put in your CAI or under the dash when you loaded the tune. Check your fuses and stuff.

Tune works on the engine, not the windows.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:52 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Agreed, guess I will look to the owners manual! Hoping one of you nerds knew it offhand!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:22 PM
linernotejunky
2nd Gear Member

turn the key, but keep the engine off. roll up your windows and hold the button down for a good 3-5 seconds when up. then roll them down and hold the button. do this 3 times and you should be fine.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:52 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Alright so went out to get a bite to eat, noticed with the 91 I was getting pinging after 4k Rpms, this could be due to the 13gallons of 91, and the rest of the tank was 87. So I figure what the hell, lets see how the 89 tune runs. Install it drive around, runs great no pinging. Oh yah, aso installing the 89 tune fixed my window problem, so hah! Is there any problems running a 89 Tune with 91 octane, I think the gas in AZ is rather on the poorer quality side.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

The more you mess with it, the more problems you're going to have.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:53 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

VERY BAD IDEA putting part of one oct in with the proper oct for your tune. Anyone on here will tell you not to do that. You run the old gas completly out, fill with the new gas AND THEN drive for 5 to 10 miles to get the new gas circulating BEFORE you switch to the higher oct tune. I think in your rush to try a new tune you may cause more problems than you could imagine.

No problem running higher Oct gas than the tune. That is what you do when you think gas in your area is over rated to avoid running lean and or Pinging.

Quick Reply: Weird problem with Custom Tune