Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rattle in the Rear after Eibach install. SOLVED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Default Rattle in the Rear after Eibach install. SOLVED!

Ever since installing my Eiback Pro Kit I keep hearing a rattle in the rear of the car. It's most noticeable when going over a patch of rough road like when approaching an intersection or driving over splits in the road (concrete roads). I'm quite certain it's in the back because when driving slow over a split or small bumps/holes I only hear the noise/rattle when the rear tires pass over it. It also seems to be more pronounced on the passenger side but it's hard to tell exactly.

One thing I noticed in the spring install instruction (more like tips) I think I remember reading something about orienting the lower pigtail ends of the rear springs so that they both point towards the drivers side. I dont think he did that when I was watching him install them. Could this be causing the problem?

Anybody else having a similar problem?

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:11 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Rattle in the Rear after Eibach install. HELP!

Could be the problem. When i took off my stock springs yesterday to install the roush rear ones they were both pointing towards the driver's side. Also the passenger side rubber seal that is on the axle was pushed down to the bare metal and not up and around the plastic that the spring sits on. I would check the seating of the springs to make sure they are facing the drivers side first and the seals 2nd.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

mine was the exhaust pipe hitting the panhard bar. . . or whatever its called, a bar that goes strait across and the stock piping goes over top of it rather closely

i modified my muffler brackets to keep it from hitting it

also,

your muffler brackets might have slipped out of the rubber fitting that they slide into. . . that happend to me too

hope that helps
Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 PM
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

You won't find the answer on a car forum. The only way to fix it is to get under the car and start shaking on everything until you find something rattling, then correct it. If shaking shows up nothing, examine everything for signs of rubbing when the suspension is compressed. There will probably be paint or rust worn off at the offending area.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:07 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Are you kidding?? There are TONS of answers to be found on a car forum! That's what they're for.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

I agree I need to get under there and start looking for the problem but I figured I'd see if someone else has had the asimilar problem to give me something specific to look for. Also, since I dont have a garage with a lift it's not all that easy to just get under there and start shaking things around.

Thanks guys for the input! Gonna run up to Walmart and buy a lift. I here they're on sale.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Well, got it up on a lift today and it turns out it wasn't the springs or shocks but the adjustable panhard bar we installed at the same time as the springs. It seems that one of the end nuts worked itself loose (just barely) and that was enough to cause the whole rear end to rattle. Tightened it up and everything was golden again!

I love it when it's something simple!

Thanks guys!