Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just got loudmouth installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 01:26 PM
phastal

Default Just got loudmouth installed!

WOW, it sounds amazing. havent driven it WOT cuz its wet out here now, but i love the sound of it already. the mechanic had a problem with the OEM brackets. he used different clamps and brackets to stabilize it. they fit perfectly and symmetrical the way he did it. it was a great job.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:55 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just got loudmouth installed!

Congratulations, you are going to love them. How much did they charge you for install?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:36 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

You had them installed? I've never heard of that before. I had always assumed they were easy enough to be done by ones self.

Nothing against you, some poeople like to get dirty, some people like to get it done right!
Old 09-23-2006, 07:55 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

You had them installed? I've never heard of that before. I had always assumed they were easy enough to be done by ones self.
+1
I try and do EVERY one of my mods by myself, I am a big DIY type of guy. The installation was very easy in fact, that is why I was wondering how much the mechanic charged him. Anything more than $20 would be a rip off IMO.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:12 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phastal

WOW, it sounds amazing. havent driven it WOT cuz its wet out here now, but i love the sound of it already. the mechanic had a problem with the OEM brackets. he used different clamps and brackets to stabilize it. they fit perfectly and symmetrical the way he did it. it was a great job.

Just took off the SLP LM's and installed a set of IMCO Extremes. Must lower exhaust tone.

If you live in the St. Louis area let me know. I've got a set of SLP LM's I'd love to get out of the garage.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:11 PM
phastal

if $20 is the most i should have paid, than it was highway robbery, LOL. i paid $75 which included him using his own clamps and brackets. im not mechanically inclined when it comes to cars. i definitely dont mind getting my hands dirty, but im not even a beginner in fixing cars. im in the new york area, so lots of guys out here dont do their own installations. yes, i do love the pipes already. its so LOUD and awesome.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yikes! I would have done it for free if you lived in Orange County.

They are so much fun, I love them.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:57 AM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I dunno what problems he had with the pipes but i installed what was then the 05-06 kit on my 07(had it sitting in the garage for when i took delivery) And i had no trouble installing it. Everything fit like it was supposed to fit. But gratz on the LM's they are awesome.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:20 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Just giving options...I looked at the SLP's on a friends car. They are strait pipes. I had a local shop instal open pipes in stainless with stainless slash cut 3.0" tips. Looks VERYstock out the back but has an evil rumble. Total bill was $75 including the tips. Don't be afraid to ask and argue with the private owned muffler shops. You might just be surprised.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:12 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RCT06GT

Yikes! I would have done it for free if you lived in Orange County.

They are so much fun, I love them.
Which Orange county??

And yeah grats on the LMs, they only start to sound better once they get worn in. I love mine.

Quick Reply: Just got loudmouth installed!