Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Appearance changes to my wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Appearance changes to my wrecked

Ugh, Ive almost done that too.
post final pics, gonna he hawt!!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:31 PM
OkieNGa
1st Gear Member

I have been pretty involved with this thing. I have called EVERYDAY since my car went in and have been to the shop 4 times. The dang thing is still in there and MAY be done Friday, but more than likely early next week. We are getting close to a FULL MONTH! AHHHHH!!!! I MISS MY BABY!

Anyway, they actually got the stripes painted laste last night, and I LIKE! Can't wait to see her all assembled again.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:41 PM
OkieNGa
1st Gear Member

GOT HER BACK!!!!!

ok, my site has a few pics on it.....when it is all said and done, I will get some more, but for now this is what I have:

http://okienga.gotstang.com

The top 4 pics are the new fascia and hood....bottom 5 are the old...

good and bad feedback is welcome....

FYI:

The body shop screwed up a few things and the vendors screwed up a few too.

1. I do not like the placement of the lanyards, they will fix that

2. Cervini has the screen for the scoop on back order, I will get those in a few weeks.

3. Steeda did not ship the lower grill insert with the bumper cover. They sent out a replacement and it was damaged in shipping. I will get that in a few weeks too.

4. The switch for the Steeda fog lamps does not work. They are triggered by the stock fog lamps, which means if I turn on those lights I am illegal as u cannot have more than 4 driving lights on at any one time.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:42 AM
OkieNGa
1st Gear Member

Now the real question.......what to do about the back of the car? I was thinking of taking the GT500 rear fascia and spoiler and putting it on her. I would of course keep all the GT badges as that is what she is. What do you guys think? I am hoping it will balance the car out, thoughts?

http://okienga.gotstang.com
Old 11-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

That looks great!.
Now all you have to do is back into a car to get started on the rest of your mods.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:19 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Question, How are you working this out? Insurance companies don't care about mods, etc. They only will cover to return to "stock" so how are you swinging this work? [sm=dontgetit.gif]
I'm actually an adjuster for Progressive...so I can tell you how aftermarket parts work....

and NO I CANNOT HELP YOU WITH YOUR CLAIM SO DON'T ASK ( I dont want to lose my job)

But I CAN tell you generally how the policy works with PGR. I actually called my agent w/ statefarm yesterday on this very same issue...and statefarm doesnt have any additional need for added parts coverage. He said they pay what's on the car as long as you can prove it...what they do charge for is different ratings like 1-racing, 2-weekend/pleasure use only, 3- to/from school/work...things like that.

Yes we DO CARE ABOUT MODS!! We dont return you to "stock condition" we return you to "pre-accident condition." But Progressive breaks it up a little bit. The policy (in most states -so it COULD differ state to state (I'm in Colorado)) gives you $1,000 of a/m parts coverage included as part of the base policy.

For example, if you have a Cervini's hood, let's say the hood is $900 brand new. Let's say the stock hood is also $900. They will buy you the Cervini's hood because it doesn't cost them anything MORE than it normally would have. If the a/m hood you have on the car at the time of the accident costs $2000, and the OE hood is $900, then they'll pay $900 for the stock hood and an additional $1000 as part of the policy to go towards replacement of that hood. So the extra $100 you'd be on your own for. Now this $1,000 limit is per accident. So basically once that $1000 limit is reached, then you're on your own for everything else. So if that $2000 hood has paint stripes that cost an extra $500 to replace. Then you'd normally pay for that extra $100 for the hood and every penny of everything else ABOVE STOCK including those $500 stripes. So it's important to buy the extra CPE (custom parts and equipment) coverage to get all of your extra toys covered. It's usually offered up to about $5000 or $6000 additional CPE. If you've got the CPE coverage on your policy then that $1000 limit is extended an extra $5k or $6k-whichever you purchase.

That's how Progressive works..I dont know about every other company obviously. I guess it's possible that some Insurance Companies have policy language that says they ONLY return your car to stock condition regardless of what you have but I'm not aware of those specifically.