Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Appearance changes to my wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:09 PM
OkieNGa
1st Gear Member

Default Appearance changes to my wrecked

Well guys, I had a boo boo. I hit the back of a Nissan Ultima and really did a number to the car. I only hit her doin about 15 maybe....girl took off like she was gonna merge into traffic, so I looked for my spot, gunned her, looked forward and the woman was still there, sitting still. I was not pleased.

Anyway, with my custom paint see link below, no one would touch it. So Progressive, my insurance company, suggested a GREAT shop, Magnum Collision her in the Atlanta Metro area. The bumper was ripped, the grills were screwed and my Cervini hood was cracked, all in all about 2400 in damage withouot the stripes and hood pin drilling being done.

So I worked with the shop and I decided to go with the Steeda competition front facia with the optional light kit and the Cervini Ram Air hood with the same paint scheme I currently have.

Worked out great as it will cost me about 900 for this (500 is my deductable).

What do you guys think? Think it will be a good combo? The cervini front facia looked like it was 'trying too hard,' looked a bit ricey for my tastes

http://okienga.gotstang.com
Old 09-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Appearance changes to my wrecked

Man that sucks, but on the other hand when you get your stang back its gonna look bad*** you defintely have to post pics when you get her back!!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

I had the very same thing happen to me when I was stationed in Colorado. Man that sucked!!!
I think your combo will look good. I dont like the Cervini front facia very much either.
Good luck with whatever combo you decide. Post pictures once you get her fixed up.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:57 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

sorry to hear about that man, my car has been on the other end of that twice now...
Old 09-26-2006, 12:17 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Question, How are you working this out? Insurance companies don't care about mods, etc. They only will cover to return to "stock" so how are you swinging this work? [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 09-26-2006, 12:22 AM
OkieNGa
1st Gear Member

They are paying for the return to pre accident condition, so they are covering the custom paint, the Laser jammer etc. I added 2000 worth of coverage for my after market work. Thing is they would not cover the Cervini hood because it does not have some certification. So they are paying for the OEM hood to be replaced, which is MORE than the cervini hood. So talking with the shop, they are taking the money from the insurance company and ordering the parts I want.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:55 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Got ya. I'm gonna call mine to see how I can add extra coverage for my mod work. Thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 05:06 PM
OkieNGa
1st Gear Member

Guys, you are not gonna believe the price tag of my final repairs.
Drum roll please.....

Tada --- 4700 bucks.....and this doesn't include the custom strips

I only hit her doin about 15. I guess it really did a number, plus I have takin it to a top notch shop that is replacing EVERYTHING. They are even replacing the front grill which had a 1/4 inch, what I would call a smudge, on it. These guys are going over it with a fine tooth comb and finding stuff I would have NEVER seen.

I should have it back early next week, I will post some pics.

BTW, this shop mainly deals with high end cars, meaning my stang was the cheapest car on the lot, and in the shop, in some cases, by several hundred thousand dollars. They said that the Steeda bumper and Cervini hood is of higher quality than most of the after market parts they see. Thought you guys might like to know that.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:00 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Is progressive is going to jack up your insurance premium? better question yet, how much they are going to jack it up?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
OkieNGa
1st Gear Member

I have no idea and I do not want to ask to be honest...

Talked with the shop yesterday. The hood is FINALLY prepped, they were fighting pin holes in the fiberglass seam. The underside is painted and on the car. The bumper and hood should be painted today. Stripes get laid tomorrow, I will hopefully have it by Friday.
I am STOKED! Can't wait to see how this thing turns out as I hand picked the bumper and hood without seeing them together.

FYI...here are the correct links:
http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...ront_facia.php
http://www.cervinis.com/search.aspx?...ody=GT%20Coupe
(6th down on the left)

Quick Reply: Appearance changes to my wrecked