Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

dodge magnum.... quick?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Scottyb825

Default RE: dodge magnum.... quick?

My friend has a Magnum RT. An 05+ Mustang will beat it. We race each other alot and on a drag I usally get about a car's length but he's able to keep up. Now on a road he usally beats me but mostly because he's crazier and I don't want to die.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:15 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: S2K1

ORIGINAL: Arrow

Sometimes I think the new Charger/Magnum somehow went horribly wrong. It seems they put weight as a low-priority focus. Too bad, really. If it weighed in more like the 'Stang, it'd be that much more killer. It's still a friggen brick on wheels.
If you notice, it's priority isn't it being a muscle car, it's a commuter car they stuck a big motor in drum up sales...and guess what? It worked. So I'll hand it to Dodge for that. Now when the Challenger comes out, it'll probably be heavy too since it's based on the same platform, so you can talk then.

ORIGINAL: androdz

I still woudln't but a hemi because they all break under boost.
Proof?
Check out any hemi boards about boost on an srt-8 they are all breaking under boost. That is the only reason why we haven't boosted our srt-8 magnum. Check out the mopar forums.

Att. Andrew
Old 09-30-2006, 11:41 AM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Why does everyone have a problem with the SRT8 vehicles being faster than a stock Mustang GT? The real comparison vehicles are the R/T Charger to a Mustang GT.......Mustang GT wins. The SRT8 vehicles are over $40K the last time I checked. That would put them in GT500 country (once the early adopters stop wasting the extra $20K over sticker). I am pretty sure the GT500 will waste a SRT8 anything any day of the week.

Can we at least agree on that???
Old 09-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

Why does everyone have a problem with the SRT8 vehicles being faster than a stock Mustang GT? The real comparison vehicles are the R/T Charger to a Mustang GT.......Mustang GT wins. The SRT8 vehicles are over $40K the last time I checked. That would put them in GT500 country (once the early adopters stop wasting the extra $20K over sticker). I am pretty sure the GT500 will waste a SRT8 anything any day of the week.

Can we at least agree on that???
I can agree with that. Dodge's SRT is comparable to Ford's SVT.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

The only true race from a “roll†is if you’re doing more then a few laps on an oval or road course track. Otherwise it’s not racing but just playing…

If someone wants to know who “really†has the fastest/quickest (two completely different things) vehicle then you start from 0 mph and use a visual signal.

Honking a horn 3 times or any other goofy thing is not racing, it’s just playing around and nobody knows who truly has the fastest/quickest vehicle, that’s just how it is in reality…

Racing from a roll goes hand in hand with “ricer fly-byâ€â€¦
Old 09-30-2006, 03:29 PM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S2K1

ORIGINAL: Arrow

Sometimes I think the new Charger/Magnum somehow went horribly wrong. It seems they put weight as a low-priority focus. Too bad, really. If it weighed in more like the 'Stang, it'd be that much more killer. It's still a friggen brick on wheels.
If you notice, it's priority isn't it being a muscle car, it's a commuter car they stuck a big motor in drum up sales...and guess what? It worked. So I'll hand it to Dodge for that. Now when the Challenger comes out, it'll probably be heavy too since it's based on the same platform, so you can talk then.

I still woudln't but a hemi because they all break under boost.
Proof?
Check out any hemi boards about boost on an srt-8 they are all breaking under boost. That is the only reason why we haven't boosted our srt-8 magnum. Check out the mopar forums.

Att. Andrew
I have a Dodge Ram Hemi, so I am on Dodge boards a lot, and have yet to see more than one break, and I love the Charger SRT-8, so I'm always looking that portion of the forum.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:23 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I own an srt-8 magnum, along with a mustang gt and my dad just bought a gt500. We were gonna put a s/c on the srt-8 until I read about them blowing up under boost. They have the same problems with the pulleys, most manufacturers pulled out their line of pulleys for the 5.7 and 6.1 engines.

ATt. Andrew