Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05 cobra mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 08:42 AM
z28man

Default RE: 05 cobra mustang

no it look just like tnt1968 06 mustang body style. hey you guys are going to find this very ironic. well for the first time i rode in my in a mustang. it was 96 mustang gt. 5 speed. my neigbor ask me if wanted to ride downtown with him so i said what the heck. it was thrilling experience. i not sure how fast stock 96 gts are but my neighbor has put well over 2 grand in his mustang. so it is fast. anyway we are riding in buckhead in Atlanta GA. at what i see is a 05 or 06 saleen mustang. it had saleen across the windshield and saleen across the back bumper. this mustang was look bad in a good way. so my decided to test this car. i told him not to be a fool. even i wont do any that crazy in my z28. we managed to get side by side at the light with this guy. so my neighbor ask the guy run with to the next. the guy agreed. man i have nevered been so scared in my life. if was pretty much of a slaughter. this saleen eat us up so quick it was this just happen. by the time we got the next light. the saleen had us by 6 car length an may it through the red light. where we had to stop. did john saleen make the saleen stang. because i thought ford got rid of him. how much does the sallen cost and how much hp this beast have. i know i ever came across a saleen in the street i will give saleen it props.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: TNT1968

Ktown GT: It does not say Cobra on the car anywhere. Ford owns the right to the name and the image of the Cobra - not Shelby. As a matter of fact Ford owns the rights to the name GT350. No matter what a dealer says - because half the time you can get info on a new model at this forum before salesmen do - it is correctly called a "Shelby GT500". It has SVT logos on the wheel centers, door sills, and oil cap and the car is not listed as a SVT Cobra anywhere either.

Lay off me I'm Starvin! [:@]

And AFIN Saleen mustangs don't have mustang written on them. SO does that mean it is a saleen and not a mutang?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:10 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: z28man

no it look just like tnt1968 06 mustang body style. hey you guys are going to find this very ironic. well for the first time i rode in my in a mustang. it was 96 mustang gt. 5 speed. my neigbor ask me if wanted to ride downtown with him so i said what the heck. it was thrilling experience. i not sure how fast stock 96 gts are but my neighbor has put well over 2 grand in his mustang. so it is fast. anyway we are riding in buckhead in Atlanta GA. at what i see is a 05 or 06 saleen mustang. it had saleen across the windshield and saleen across the back bumper. this mustang was look bad in a good way. so my decided to test this car. i told him not to be a fool. even i wont do any that crazy in my z28. we managed to get side by side at the light with this guy. so my neighbor ask the guy run with to the next. the guy agreed. man i have nevered been so scared in my life. if was pretty much of a slaughter. this saleen eat us up so quick it was this just happen. by the time we got the next light. the saleen had us by 6 car length an may it through the red light. where we had to stop. did john saleen make the saleen stang. because i thought ford got rid of him. how much does the sallen cost and how much hp this beast have. i know i ever came across a saleen in the street i will give saleen it props.

well, theres 2 of em. one has a new tune and some minor bolt ons it hink, and pushes like 325 or something? not sure. then theres the saleen Extreme SC. u would have heard a supercharger if there was one tho. but those things are crazy. I really dont know the numbers, so dont quote me, but 425-450 hp sounds right. they are pretty pricey too.

heres the deal tho. a 96 GT has the first 4.6 in it, and that motor was absolute garbage. 2k could get u a PI swap if ur reaaaaaaaalllllly lucky, and that basically turns it into a 99GT with an intake (u get the heads, cam, and intake for the 99 GT, but compression will be a smidgeon higher AKA "the intake".) its kinda like an lt4 conversion for ur car. so thats one route he may have done, dunno cuz u didnt say his mods. that would give him about 270 crank hp from 225. he could have spent 2k in bolt ons, which, through those downright turrible heads on the sn95 4.6 he would be makin about 250 crank hp. he could have also maybe gotten a used SC and set that up for 2k, but doubtful (and u would have mentioned if he was supercharged) but i heard that on the stock heads on an sn95 (sn95 means 94-98 mustang body style, and from 96-98 those cars had the old 4.6, 99-04 they got the new 4.6 and the "new edge" body style) the cars only pushed like 320 rwhp with a SC. while the cars arent a terrible platform to start from, they take alot of work to get em ready.

besides, the ***-dyno always reads high from the passenger seat.

im assuming ur friend spent 2k in bolt ons (which isnt a bad way to go, just dont expect to be running down vettes any time soon ) so that could grab full bolt ons for him (headers, exhaust, intake, plenum, pullies, TB.... gears maybe....) a stock s197 (aka 05+) mustang GT, especially one with a saleen tune, would rip him apart. ur lt1 should be able to run down an sn95 GT with 2k in mods no problem.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:23 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06stang

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

im gonna say if the kid put a cobra badge on a car, 8 times outta 10 its on a v6. so if ur car has over 210 hp and can beat a 15.0 in the quarter (which it can ) go rip him a new *******. aside from that, he may have done something unthinkable and riced out a GT.... but i really doubt he has done anything else to the car if hes a ricer.... just a hunch. so if your car can beat a 13.5 (if hes a GREAT driver) then you will be fine. you should ask to see under the hood. if he doesnt let you, assume v6.....

other ways to tell, if it has no badge on the front quarter panels it could be a v6 or (less likely) a debadged GT. also, GTs come with the two big fog lights in the grill. v6 have no fog lights or they have 2 small ones. but the GT fog lights are just as big as the headlights. this is a biggie. if its got big headlights i would lean toward a debadged GT. you can also check to make sure its got dual exhaust, but there are alot of v6s with duals anyway, but a single exhaust means v6 ftw... or ftl?

anyway, if hes got no side badges and no/ small foglights, i would say v6. where are u located btw? maybe u can find someone on this board nearby to make sure to show his pathetic poser *** how a mustang should be
Do you have something against V6's? 15 in the quarter mile is not bad for a STOCK v6. If I remember correctly, 1999-2004 mustang GT's run mid to low 14's. Right?

easy chief. u dont wanna start this.

i didnt bash the v6, nor did i say it didnt perform well for what it is. a v6 s197 wont take out an lt1 without FI, and thats that, and we are talking s197 *something* vs an lt1 here. im staying on subject. aside from that, the 4.0 is hitting mid 15s normally, with full bolt on cars sitting very comfortably in the 14s, but still pecking at the upper bounds of a well driven 4.6 2v (i believe Fazm has "if it can be bolted on, ive got it, and more" and his best run was 14.3? good run for a v6, and weve all given him his due props). still, im not bashing the cars, but this is how it is. they look good, the ride clean, and i love the interiors of these cars (but i guess that goes for the 3v too...) and i have never suggested a 4.0 or 3.8 owner trade up because there is no performance potential to the cars. i have suggested getting blown instead. because even the 3.8 power packs only put the cars next to a stock 2v, and the 3v is still way out of reach. sorry for ranting, but I dont have a whole lot of patience for people who throw out the "v6 card" every time the discussion might turn that way (similar to the "race card"). its nothing but a sign of oversensitivity. Get over it, i got the v8 to suit what I wanted, and u got ur 4.0 to suit urs. I have no problem with ur choice, cuz it ur own damn choice. I figure, if u had wanted ol' specter's opinion on ur purchase u would have PMed me in mid 05 when u were lookin at the black stangs
Old 09-30-2006, 01:13 AM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Actually that's a good question KTownGT. I wonder if it just says Ford Saleen on the title? Seriously.