Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dyno results in! Dynocom NOT Dynojet

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Ubergeist
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno results in!

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

what can an LS1 get up to with just bolt ons? im sure its not too much higher.
Mine with just a lid/ cai. Put down 326whp 342tq.

The LS1 maxes about 360-370, with bolt ons. SOme have gone higher but that is the avg.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:07 AM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

Thats kinda alot of HP to pump out at the wheels. That means around 370 Hp at the flywheel. Not bad. Nice Dyno. 70 more HP than stock
Old 09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
jlpskydive
1st Gear Member

Not sure what rating they were using on that Dyno, but if they are SAE #'s it would mean that you are putting out 50 more hp than me. I think I need to get some long tubes and a X pipe. Other than that our cars are they same.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

AmericanMuscle4.6GT-- I know what you mean. I am getting my list for next years mods because I'm done for this year. Budget is spent. ha! My list for next year so far.

water pump
aluminum flywheel, dshaft
Royal purple is being put in now(4.10's started going in yesterday)
If they work out the bugs by next year then I will change the throttle body. Right now I think there are to many problems with after market ones with few reults.
I'm also going to change out my hood to one with either vents or something in it to help it breath. I might change the fenders to one with vents as well. Sorta like the Cali dream ones. You seen them? Thats all I think I will do besides more suspension work. (just dropped rear so far). I guess after that I will get another Dyno and it will be time to think about the next step IF ANY. It also depends on my track performance. That will motivate me OR demotivate me to push on.

jlpskydive--Yeah I thought a long time about the X and Long tubes. I bugged alot of people with ALOT of questions on here and on the phone. It took alot for me to go that route but I jumped when I got the chance after all the questions. It took a while for the X because I did not want my car so loud I could not start it in the morning if I took it out. With my high flow catts and x if I drive normally its sounds pretty normal; but good God when I stomp it Hellooooo. Plus I had to keep the catts for Maryland anyway. I'm pleased. As far as our cars being the same, great minds think alike! lol

BLackie--yeah, I did also read and hear that there are some of our stangs that for some reason get lower numbers STOCK out of the plant than the norm and on the other side there are some that are higher out the gates of Ford. They could'nt explain it clearly as I recall.

Cekem--Thanks, I was hoping you guys would chime in here!

05gtdriver---Someone else here mentioned something similar I wish I knew what that mag was.

phatphil--yeah, see my mods list for next year so far. those driveshafts are not cheap I'm seeing though. Temp was about 72 Tuesday here. I dont know about elevation and all. Where would I find that? I was about 1.5 hours away from the PA line. As mentioned I will let you know how the 4.10's turn out.

05 Ricky--I'm new to Dyno's but I'll try to copy what it says and maybe you can tell me? (I know you really cant read it on vid but kinda if you look hard) Anyway, here goes.
Numbers to the left of sheet, the line starts at 16 (2 at the bottom) and curves down to a hair under 14 (2.5 at the bottom) it then stays at 14 level the rest of the way across and stops at of at the bottom numbers at 6x10 36.5?? As far as "Max hp with low rpm?" I have no idea dude, I'm learning as I go. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Justastockstang---Thanks alot! It was Detail performance.

EDIT---Can someone let me know if that $12 price for track runs are fare or not? It will be my first time at a track. Thanks!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:42 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Those are stout numbers. You have done quite well Grasshopper. The Dyno-Jet always reads higher numbers than a Mustang Dyno. On a Mustang Dyno you would still be showing good numbers for your mods, probably in the 315-320 range. You are right up there with me now!

Congratulations!![sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Yeah---The student vs the teacher!!!!!!lol hmmmm.

One thing, I will edit my prior post. I just called them and they said it IS NOT a Dyno Jet as I stated, they said it is one of the best dyno's around. Called a DynoCom? I thought I heard Dyno Jet while there but It was kinda loud and I was caught up in the moment. After talking to them just now they told me to look on my print out at the very bottom and it does say Dynocom industries.

Later

Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Not familiar with that Dyno, but found their website - Click here
Old 09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Very fair price for the track.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:46 PM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

With those mods and SAE correction you are going to be much lower on a DynoJet or Mustang Dyno... You are probably closer to 310/325 RWHP/RWTQ in reality... Go find a shop with a calibrated Dynojet...
Old 09-27-2006, 05:55 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

cortc-- We will have to see next week when I go to a Dyno Jet shop. The only difference will be the 4.10's will be in. It's ok to be happy for me and my first Dyno run though. I am still very pleased even if what you say turns out to be true. Thanks for the info.

FYI-- Guys I faxed the Dyno sheet to my computer so I am able to attach it now.

Dyno Sheet

Quick Reply: Dyno results in! Dynocom NOT Dynojet