Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What are you people thinking???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What are you people thinking???????

Well, I vote this as being a cool thread... the nerds whom get offended by it's existance, are either noobs or just too in touch with their femine side.

Anyway, Nitrous is fine by me, if you want it on your car than so be it, I'm supercharged, so at the end of the day, I win, my SC doesn't need a 'fill up'.

I'm not knocking nitrous, it is a lot cheaper, and is a quick way to add power.. great for some guys whom are not lucky enough to be able to afford a S/C or Turbo set up... I'm sure anyone with a bottle would gladly trade it in for a S/C if given the opportunity....

And really, who gives a crap how much Horse Power ya have if ya can't either; Drive, or get the power to the ground... Kinda like sex, it doesn't matter how big ya are, it how you use it... [:-]
Old 05-08-2007, 12:45 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

Kinda like sex, it doesn't matter how big ya are, it how you use it... [:-]

Ohhhhhhhkay, a little bit more than I needed to know.[8D]
Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Well your the one with the 14" antenna, mine is only 6"

lol
Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

i'll race you in my 06 Lamborghini Galladro....k?
or that 400 bored to a 408 camaro

[IMG]local://upfiles/35380/400B753121B24824B02EAC6B47D1039F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Well your the one with the 14" antenna, mine is only 6"

lol

Ok, you got me.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:27 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

So NOS is now ricey!? I disagree with that statement...though I dont have NOS, I wouldn't hesitate to get it if someone sponsored my car and paid for it! LOL JMO
ORIGINAL: backinblack06

I personally don't think its cheating......That's just the consensus around here, people seem to call it ricey. Personally I really don't like it, I'd rather have a S/C but that's just me to each his own.

Sorry for the above post, If I sounded rude it's just becase so many people have been joining here lately to start **** with everyone about nothing of relevance.....[sm=imsorry.gif]
Old 05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I'm not here to flame you either; but I'll be glade to answer some of your questions to my best knowledge.

1st of all, coming onto a forum that has 500hp whipple sc stangs, saleen, gt500s, turbo GT's, and i know alteast one guy has a Twin Turbo GT w/ pretty much stock gt w/ "nos" expect some people to be a little bit negative.

It just so happens i have a stock GT my self (that will change w/ money & and many other members of MF. So there a high chance of threads being Mustang GT vs Lex is350, or Mustang Gt vs ls1, new si, so on and so forth.

I'm around the 5th person to say this; but only click on threads you want to read.

I dont think NOS is cheating however anybody can slap on nos or nitrous. Being that alot of "ricers" just go out and buy a stock 92 civic and slap on "nos", thats one reason why nitrous is moved away from some "muscle car" gear heads. It just"seems" a sc or turbo movepart of the car thennitrous even though there allpower adders.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: dirtydeedsinc

My only complaint about someone spraying is when they hide the bottle and claim not to have one. If you want to race stock vs. stock, great. If not, that's fine too. When I used to go to the street races it was mostly about lenghts and who gets the start or straight up.

Do what you enjoy.
LOL I love it when people cry n2o when I race them I just clean the lines next to them and say and??? if they keep going I just tell them if they want more tissue.

Andrew
Old 05-09-2007, 08:13 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

LOL - I used to get all fired up over threads like this (not this particular point - just opinionated threads in general) but after over 2 years of giving tech on several forums, I finally grew some thicker skin and just take it for the enjoyment factor that it is. Whoever said this is what the internet is about was right on the money. Now I actually enjoy threads like this cause it opens up a pretty good debate IMO. And you always have the option of not reading a thread so if you feel strongly about a subject being a waste of space, then just click on the next intersting thread down the list.

Anyone should be able to come and give their opinions without getting flamed cause usually it's not about starting crap (especially if it's a regular contributing member) it's usually about seeing if there are others out there that agree with you and hearing points of view from those who don't and I'd be willing to bet that's the case here.

No, what's WORSE than posting a controversial opinion, is coming into the thread and saying, 'you suck' or 'why don't you get out' type crap. Those are the posts that are a waste of bandwidth IMO. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, just ignore it. Not rocket science, really.

For the sake of contributing, I agree with you for different reasons. I can't stand hearing and reading about stock vs. stock questions and 99% of the time never take a look in a thread that has anything about stock vs. stock in the subject.

My reasons are because they are just a waste of time IMO. They are a waste of time because the person asking the question doesn't need the information and it will be of no use to him anyway. Why? Because people interested in stock vs. stock questions are making internet bench racing talk and that's it. They don't and won't race their car so who cares? Sure, they may take on a little street race with their sibling or friend but they certainly aren't going to tracks or doing any real racing.

Anyone who seriously races either street or track will tell you that it would be a miracle if you actually came across a 'stock' car. Doesn't happen. Sure, on the street, many want to 'look' as stock as possible, but nobody is stock - especially at the track. At least, not after they have been there a few times. Maybe the first or second time to get some basline info, but after that, no more stock. This applies to every car and every make and model. Actually, this applies to any motorized vehicle for that matter.

Yes, 95% of owners just might keep their cars stock but it's the 5% that are racing so what does it matter what you can beat 'stock' if you are in that so called 95% (I personally believe it to be lower ESPECIALLY for the S197) if you are never going to race anyway. Because what a real racer will tell is the spec sheet numbers of stock vs stock are NOWHERE near as important in a race as driver skill, reaction, and hook for that car. The numbers don't mean squat. An experienced racer can overcome a considerable HP difference.

Just remember that at the end of the 1320' - it is only the loser who is comparing mods... Nobody but the loser cares about what mods a car has - just who crosses the beams first.

Just my opinion anyway.

what about those of us who used to mod the crap out of our cars and due to financial and reliability reasons are currently stock, and want to know what other cars we can race? i personally like seeing what my car can do stock, in fact, only doodad and i have gotten into the 13.4's bone stock with NO mods, not even an air filter. aren't you curious to see how low you can get the car from the factory?

besides, there are millions of guys out there who buy older cars and spend years returning them to "stock" condition...if stock sucked so much, why are the most expensive the most original? hmmm...

i think you still have some growing up to do, then you'll realize, some people like the car for what it was when they bought it, and don't need 500whp to enjoy their car or to go to the track. sometimes it's about doing the best with how the car was originally made...
Old 05-10-2007, 01:01 AM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

Hey I'm on Vacation this week, I'll be down

Don't forget it is not always the fastest car that wins sweetheart!

The Man (or Woman) with the Biggest Ballz usually wins.