Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can you chirp 3rd gear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 05:02 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default Can you chirp 3rd gear?

Please be honest, no bs...
-
Can you chirp the tires going into 3rd gear, I have the
manual tranny and cannot, also stock tires.

If I get the feeling a CAI enables chirping 3rd, then it will
be on my Christmas list.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:21 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Can you chirp 3rd gear?

Yeah Hammeron, I can chirp 3rd and do have a CAI, but sometimes it won't chirp even when trying. I think the trick to it is to take your time with the shift (instead of shifting for speed). If I take my time and don't totally lift off of the throttle and dump the clutch on the shift, it will chirp. The other day I saw a ricer up ahead of me as I turned left through an intersection so I dropped the hammer and as I caught up to him on my 2/3 shift, I chirped it right in his ear I was passing him...it was sweet! Bye, bye baby!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/48298/0C731E04ADBF4B01BDC7D8947C6B4D47.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-01-2006, 05:21 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Yes.....I can.....NO BS....stock tires Pirellie P zeros.. (Excuse the spelling) C+L cold air intake....Brenspeed and Evolution tunes with xcal II.. stock gears....borla exhaust... stock suspension and it is a 2005 GT with auto tranny.....it will bark and go squirley (sideways in 1st and into 2nd and chirp hard in 3rd....) if I manually shift through the gears as well. I am now trying for a 4th squeak)...It will chirp on the right pavement at WOT when I punch it at 20 mph and it downshifts...it screams when I want it to....
ORIGINAL: hammeron

-

be on my Christmas list.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:23 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

that last part..I mean in addition to the normal going up in gears it will chirp sometimes downshifting at WOT...(Not screech like to a halt...chirp upward after a sudden downshift at a steady speed then up to a new gear)
Old 10-01-2006, 05:27 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

yes.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:29 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

yeah Hoss..what is up with these ricers always trying to take a run at or passing a GT<,,,,i swear here in Tampa area you can be driving down the road and here comes a TORO push pull with a loud exhaust and a 17 year old going on 12 with 3 buddies and they are almost begging you to take em....then when you do for 2 or 3 traffic lights and you finnally put 25 car lengths between you and them...they come popping buy as you turn at your turn towards your destination as if to say they just beat a mustang...because their lawnmower just had a gust of wind from its loud exhaust and (albeit I was already stopped and turning due to the proven point of 3 traffic lights and 25 car lengths) they feel now that they finally have past you that you gave up and they won...what a joke....its like racing a tricycle with a Harley 883....kind of a waste of time..but these ricers dont get it....borderline annoyance...like a gnat...
ORIGINAL: 06hoss

Yeah Hammeron, I can chirp 3rd and do have a CAI, but sometimes it won't chirp even when trying. I think the trick to it is to take your time with the shift (instead of shifting for speed). If I take my time and don't totally lift off of the throttle and dump the clutch on the shift, it will chirp. The other day I saw a ricer up ahead of me as I turned left through an intersection so I dropped the hammer and as I caught up to him on my 2/3 shift, I chirped it right in his ear I was passing him...it was sweet! Bye, bye baby!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/48298/0C731E04ADBF4B01BDC7D8947C6B4D47.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-01-2006, 05:34 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

same question was asked by me when i got my stick GT, after days of trying to figure the trick out here is how it goes,

in 2nd gear shift at 5300 or 5500 rpm with traction off ( TCS ) if it didn't chirp wait for your car to cool down a bit and then try again,my car was completly stock and i had the 18' bfgoodrich tires which has more traction than the perilli's.

try to shift as fast as possible ( WITH CLUTCH and WITH removing ur right foot of the gas pedal ) shift normally but fast.

after getting my time into it i noticed that it wont chirp if the motor was hot or the tranny was hot ( especially the tranny)

but so after i got my custom tune i can chirp 3rd everytime and @ 6400 rpm EASILY, and remmember i just have a tune.

goodluck
Old 10-01-2006, 05:35 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

With mods you can chirp all gears "I think.."

I've never driven a manual ever. Hell I don't what gear my car is into at a given speed!lol
I know my backend slides when i get to 65km/h,40mph and if I don't lose it and keep flooring it, I get a nice little chirp when i reach 60mph.
Normally I lose the car in third....[&o]

- Painted stripes with painted mirrors and louvers
- Painted Gauge pod/ Boost Gauge/Air fuel/Oil pressure
- Torque H/P Conv.
- M-4209 Gear 4.30
- Hood Pins
- Magnapack Exhaust
- Steeda Springs
- Carbon Fiber Dash kit
- 4FU218-020SQ Vortech 08 PSI
-Predator
-Final lap tune

7psi= 480hp@flywheel
7psi= 385Ft-lbs@flywheel
mustang dyno 384 at 6692RPM/111.9mph
mustang dyno 305.5 at 5380 RPM/87.0 MPH
94 octane

ORIGINAL: hammeron

-

be on my Christmas list.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

My car is bone stock, and I can chirp 3rd. I just shift quickly at around redline, and it will chirp most times. No tire smoking spinning or anything, just a mild chirp.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:43 PM
cashman
1st Gear Member

I'm stock and it does, but what the hell does this prove?

Quick Reply: Can you chirp 3rd gear?